2013 MLB Discussion Thread, Redux

Brian in Boston

Despite beating the most annoying team in baseball I can't feel good about Boston winning their eighth major sports championship since the Patriots' first Super Bowl. Do you people even understand how lucky you are?

This was a lose-lose series and I watched three total innings.

At least former Reds greats Gomes and Ross got their rings and I don't have to angst about another Cardinals World Series title all winter.

Go Reds.

Yes, we do. I'm neither a Patriots fan nor a Celtics fan. I've seen incredible lows as a Sox and Bruins fan over the past 20 years, and I mean really low moments. So yeah, I feel incredibly lucky to witness what many generations before me didn't get to.

I hope everyone's bashing of Boston helps you all sleep better at night. It's pretty funny to read. We get it, you hate us.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite beating the most annoying team in baseball I can't feel good about Boston winning their eighth major sports championship since the Patriots' first Super Bowl. Do you people even understand how lucky you are?

At least former Reds greats Gomes and Ross got their rings and I don't have to angst about another Cardinals World Series title all winter.

Go Reds.

Yes, we do. I'm neither a Patriots fan nor a Celtics fan. I've seen incredible lows as a Sox and Bruins fan over the past 20 years, and I mean really low moments. So yeah, I feel incredibly lucky to witness what many generations before me didn't get to.

I hope everyone's bashing of Boston helps you all sleep better at night. It's pretty funny to read. We get it, you hate us.

Which is funny because I don't think any Boston fan here on the boards really lives up to the "stereotypical Boston fan" that so many people think we are.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Go Reds.

Which is funny because I don't think any Boston fan here on the boards really lives up to the "stereotypical Boston fan" that so many people think we are.

Same with us Cardinals fans. Because they don't like the team or the fans outside of here, they automatically treat us like we're that even if we don't say anything.

The Red Sox fans are pretty good around these parts. Red Sox fans as a whole reached their zenith of annoyance around 2007/2008 when they became the most arrogant people in baseball. They’ve been humbled somewhat by the losing of the division in 08, the 08 ALCS loss to the Rays, getting swept by the Angels in 2009, missing the playoffs in 2010, collapsing and legendarily missing the playoffs in 2011, and the Bobby Valentine disaster of 2012. The last three years have reminded Red Sox Nation what it’s like to suck.

St. Louis' baseball fans could use a similar humbling.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was pulling for the Cardinals, but whatever. Congrats, Boston. But what chapped my ass was David Ortiz getting so much praise. I know he had an incredible series, but the guy deserves a whole pile of scorn he never got. He is a cheating roider. The media piled on A-Rod, but that's because he's universally accepted as a piece of crap. But Ortiz is a fraud. Just like fellow roider Sammy Sosa, he smiles and is jovial, while playing for a loveavble team, so the media never put him to the fire about his cheating. I saw a few minutes of Sportscenter last night, and they did a David Ortiz careet retrospect. They didn't once mention that he did steroids. That's a shame. You can't mention his great career without mentioning that he accomplished at least part of it while juicing.

Every time I see Ortiz, I think of the line from the Local H song High Fiving MF: "You crass fatass, you stupid steroid :censored:."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Red Sox fans are pretty good around these parts. Red Sox fans as a whole reached their zenith of annoyance around 2007/2008 when they became the most arrogant people in baseball. Theyve been humbled somewhat by the losing of the division in 08, the 08 ALCS loss to the Rays, getting swept by the Angels in 2009, missing the playoffs in 2010, collapsing and legendarily missing the playoffs in 2011, and the Bobby Valentine disaster of 2012. The last three years have reminded Red Sox Nation what its like to suck.

Or you know you could stop creating these figments of us bullying you in your imagination considering you're the one who started bitching at us without any provocation, just your own personal feelings from outside the boards that you decided automatically translated onto us. In simpler wording, stop whining.

I was pulling for the Cardinals, but whatever. Congrats, Boston. But what chapped my ass was David Ortiz getting so much praise. I know he had an incredible series, but the guy deserves a whole pile of scorn he never got. He is a cheating roider. The media piled on A-Rod, but that's because he's universally accepted as a piece of crap. But Ortiz is a fraud. Just like fellow roider Sammy Sosa, he smiles and is jovial, while playing for a loveavble team, so the media never put him to the fire about his cheating. I saw a few minutes of Sportscenter last night, and they did a David Ortiz careet retrospect. They didn't once mention that he did steroids. That's a shame. You can't mention his great career without mentioning that he accomplished at least part of it while juicing.

Every time I see Ortiz, I think of the line from the Local H song High Fiving MF: "You crass fatass, you stupid steroid :censored:."

if I could like that comment multiple times, I would. That's the perfect summation, all without my inbred irrationality on the topic.

spacer.png

The Red Sox fans are pretty good around these parts. Red Sox fans as a whole reached their zenith of annoyance around 2007/2008 when they became the most arrogant people in baseball. Theyve been humbled somewhat by the losing of the division in 08, the 08 ALCS loss to the Rays, getting swept by the Angels in 2009, missing the playoffs in 2010, collapsing and legendarily missing the playoffs in 2011, and the Bobby Valentine disaster of 2012. The last three years have reminded Red Sox Nation what its like to suck.

Or you know you could stop creating these figments of us bullying you in your imagination considering you're the one who started bitching at us without any provocation, just your own personal feelings from outside the boards that you decided automatically translated onto us. In simpler wording, stop whining.

Figments? If these were my own figments from my own imagination your fanbase's reputation wouldn't exist. There's a reason Cardinals fans have been so recently derided. I'm not the only one.

Personal feelings from outside the boards? You're the most Cardinally Cardinals fan I've ever encountered and you're from the boards.

St. Louis' baseball fans could absolutely use a similar humbling.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You guys started acting like that without us saying a damn thing. You hate the Cardinals, fine. No one said you couldn't. I personally don't care who cheer or don't cheer for. But we here on the boards had not acted like that before you started your bashing. You brought it in here. Have you become that delusional that you're creating these incidents in your mind and actually believing them to be real? If we say the simplest, most meaningless thing about the Cardinals, you jump on us with your "Oh, BFIB!" Basically you've tried turning this into your own personal thread that only people who agree with you can post without being ridiculed. I can't stand Red Sox fans either, but the ones here have not been the unbearable pricks I see on TV and around, so I don't automatically act like they are. You don't seem to have the mental capability to distinguish anything. Grow up.

This is a can of worms, but I'm responding anyway. A-Rod is just a general a-hole, always has been, always will be.

Did Ortiz cheat? Who knows - I'm pretty certain he did though. Unfortunately, it's not like he was a needle in the haystack. The whole haystack was juicing, and I ain't mad at them for doing it. Baseball practically invented cheating, does that make it right? Certainly not. But let's not act like Player X from Favorite Team X never cheated or could be suspected of cheating. Usually the guys calling out cheating players and calling them immoral and all that jazz are pretty delusional. It was a part of the game, and that's that. Are we going to curse Mickey and Willie for their use of amphetamines? Let's call a spade a spade, everyone cheated unless proven otherwise. It's sad but true.

You guys started acting like that without us saying a damn thing. You hate the Cardinals, fine. No one said you couldn't. I personally don't care who cheer or don't cheer for. But we here on the boards had not acted like that before you started your bashing. You brought it in here. Have you become that delusional that you're creating these incidents in your mind and actually believing them to be real? If we say the simplest, most meaningless thing about the Cardinals, you jump on us with your "Oh, BFIB!" Basically you've tried turning this into your own personal thread that only people who agree with you can post without being ridiculed. I can't stand Red Sox fans either, but the ones here have not been the unbearable pricks I see on TV and around, so I don't automatically act like they are. You don't seem to have the mental capability to distinguish anything. Grow up.

You're all over the place. I said “St. Louis’ baseball fans could use a similar humbling (that Red Sox fans just went through)”, which is basically another way of saying it’s your turn to start losing, and you lost your mind.

Stop taking any perceived slight at the Cardinals as a personal assault.

In other words, grow up.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Have you written a single post on here that doesn't imply some kind of personal persecution?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Such a shame to see Boston get another sports trophy. What is in that precious New England water these days? Cause I'd like to get some to San Jose sometime soon.

I don't know why you're complaining. Your Giants have two World Series titles in a 3-year span.

Not a Giants fan though. White Sox fan because I like to make life hard for myself.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

This last page of comments has greatly imbued me with pleasure this morning. Thanks to all. #Cubs #2014 #YOLO

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Speaking of which, I've updated http://andcounting.info/ with last night's result, despite it not being the one I would have wanted. (I also need to update some of the fonts. I've definitely neglected those.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Speaking of which, I've updated http://andcounting.info/ with last night's result, despite it not being the one I would have wanted. (I also need to update some of the fonts. I've definitely neglected those.)

Need to update your signature. Who dedicates so much effort to hating the Cubs, anyway? It's like pissing on homeless people.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Eh, that was a fun javascript/jQuery exercise a few years ago. Now it pretty much just sits on my server until I have to update a data point once a year. Besides, my friends who are Cub fans generally have a sense of humor. :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I keep trying to think of something to add, but I don't have much.

I'll offer a congrats to Boston, but let's be honest, I don't mean it. I'm a bit of a sore loser, because any other kind is probably just a loser and sports are illogical.

But there's obviously no reason for anyone to feel sorry for me (and the rest of the Cardinals fan base). Cardinals have seen plenty of success, and making game 6 of the World Series in and of itself is still very much a success. Plus, there's every reason to believe the Cardinals could be here again next year.

But hey, losing sucks, whether it's big or small, early or late, meaningless or super meaningful. So this sucks. For now.

Pitchers and catchers report in somewhere between 105 and 110 days. Can't wait.

So before this gets too sidetracked with personal attacks and the entire thread gets Graveyarded, have to say that this has been an insane run for Boston sports teams. Two franchises that never seemed like they would ever win it all (Sox, Pats) and two that never seemed they would reclaim past glory have all reached the pinnacle of their respective sports. It's been insane. As far as the Red Sox this year, after last year's debacle this run was so improbable to think of ever happening. I've heard many allusions to the '67 Impossible Dream team where they went from worst to first, and interestingly enough they lost to the Cardinals. Congrats to the 2013 Sox, you showed that crazy things can truly happen.

Archived