The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

What part of what you quoted is reaching? Certainly not 100% of counterfeits "support terrorism" but if you ignore the fairly common links to these organizations and path of money you almost have to be willfully blind to it.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. George W. Bush.

Haha, not by a longshot. Again, I'm not saying that's automatically where the money goes at all. I am saying that some of the knockoff brands bought do have ties to those groups or individuals. Do you have any other comment besides a broad, incorrect, and meaningless generalization

You could, in a way, trace is back the funds garnered through counterfeit merchandise to both terrorist and narcoterrorist groups. Most narcoterrorist organizations (which are usually just organized crime groups) get their finances through drugs, however they also collect a more "clean" revenue, usually through things like counterfeit goods. This money is used towards making more drugs. Either way, the money is funneled into these organizations. Let's not forget the September 2002 Hong Kong arrest of three people who attempted to exchange heroin for U.S. Stinger anti-aircraft missiles that they intended to re-sell to al Qaeda.

It does still bother me that people on a sports logos message board are defending the act of copyright infringement. Might as well go to a SAG forum and defense movie piracy, amirite?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It does still bother me that people on a sports logos message board are defending the act of copyright infringement. Might as well go to a SAG forum and defense movie piracy, amirite?

That's not a very strong point. I visit this site because of my interest in sports logos and uniforms, not because of an interest in trying to root out copyright infringement. They are two totally separate issues. It's possible to enjoy sports logos and not care about copyright infringement, just like it's ok to enjoy movies via bootleg, or to enjoy beer despite the fact that it has caused deaths.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's not a very strong point. I visit this site because of my interest in sports logos and uniforms, not because of an interest in trying to root out copyright infringement. They are two totally separate issues. It's possible to enjoy sports logos and not care about copyright infringement, just like it's ok to enjoy movies via bootleg, or to enjoy beer despite the fact that it has caused deaths.

tumblr_lhta6sdZtp1qcupmyo1_500.gif

So you would be perfectly fine with some of your fellow board members having their designs ripped off, stolen or otherwise taken for monetary gain while they receive 0% of the profits, correct?

what the hell is ccslc?

So you would be perfectly fine with some of your fellow board members having their designs ripped off, stolen or otherwise taken for monetary gain while they receive 0% of the profits, correct?

Yes, I would. Just as they would be perfectly fine with someone doing something to me. I mean honestly, if someone stole my wallet tomorrow, and I bitched about it here, would you really give a :censored:? Because if you did, I think you seriously need to consider your priorities. We're not really "friends" - I save that for real life.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Yes, I would. Just as they would be perfectly fine with someone doing something to me. I mean honestly, if someone stole my wallet tomorrow, and I bitched about it here, would you really give a :censored:? Because if you did, I think you seriously need to consider your priorities. We're not really "friends" - I save that for real life.

Because your wallet being stolen and people's work that they do for a living are the same exact thing. You've proved nothing in this thread. Goodbye.

what the hell is ccslc?

Because your wallet being stolen and people's work that they do for a living are the same exact thing. You've proved nothing in this thread. Goodbye.

What? It is the same thing. Well, same result anyway; someone took something from you to get ultimately get money.

Loogodude is right though about nobody here caring if someone stole his wallet. We live in a very individualistic society, and yeah, some of you deeply care about counterfeit goods being made, but I'm willing to bet that some of you (yes, even on a sports logos message board) don't care as much as you say you do mainly because it isn't YOUR work being stolen.

We live in a very individualistic society

Exactly. There are some people think it's ok to help break the law and there are some who don't think its ok.

Nobody is going to convince the other side of anything. Best thing to do is just end it.

what the hell is ccslc?

Here are pictures of my Tebow jersey from DH Gate. The color looks kind of off in the pictures, it's a correct shade of orange, or at least compared to the Bronco's replica jerseys. Sorry for the bad quality.

tebowjersey2.jpg

tebowjersey1.jpg

Definitely not the best fake I have ever seen, but definitely not the worst either. I am happy with it for the price I paid, only like $30. I usually don't buy fakes, but the Broncos aren't my favorite team and I didn't feel like spending the money. I just love Tebow and wanted his jersey. I am pleased with it.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

Here are pictures of my Tebow jersey from DH Gate. The color looks kind of off in the pictures, it's a correct shade of orange, or at least compared to the Bronco's replica jerseys. Sorry for the bad quality.

tebowjersey2.jpg

tebowjersey1.jpg

Definitely not the best fake I have ever seen, but definitely not the worst either. I am happy with it for the price I paid, only like $30. I usually don't buy fakes, but the Broncos aren't my favorite team and I didn't feel like spending the money. I just love Tebow and wanted his jersey. I am pleased with it.

other than the pic quality being terrible what immediately pops is the number spacing is waaay too crammed and left justified...someone needs to show them how to use the ms "center" tool to get the placement correct each time

Yeah, I mean, I expect to see that almost every time with a fake. You get what you pay for I guess. I could not justify paying full price for an authentic jersey of a team besides my favorite (although it is perhaps my favorite player), especially when there will be a new brand of jerseys next year.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

Exactly. There are some people think it's ok to help break the law and there are some who don't think its ok.

Nobody is going to convince the other side of anything. Best thing to do is just end it.

Yeah, if we are going to run with the imbecilic wallet-stealing analogy, the board members who don't care would be the people who the wallet thief sold Looooooooooogodude's $500 Best Buy gift card to for $100.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, if we are going to run with the imbecilic wallet-stealing analogy, the board members who don't care would be the people who the wallet thief sold Looooooooooogodude's $500 Best Buy gift card to for $100.

Or the fact that he didn't acknowledge my other point. Such is life.

what the hell is ccslc?

66 pages of self-righteous moralizing later, so many posters fail to grasp that this is an economic issue. Go ahead and charge an exorbitant amount for an easily duplicated product, and don't be surprised when the counterfeits proliferate.

Obviously it can't be hurting the manufacturers that badly if the prices for these things have remained the same or gone up. Once they feel it you'll see prices start to come down as it did with the music industry - Napster and Limewire brought a swift and merciful end to the days of the $24.99 backcatalogue CD. Perhaps it won't be long before the same happens to the $299.99 authentic jersey.

66 pages of self-righteous moralizing later, so many posters fail to grasp that this is an economic issue. Go ahead and charge an exorbitant amount for an easily duplicated product, and don't be surprised when the counterfeits proliferate.

Obviously it can't be hurting the manufacturers that badly if the prices for these things have remained the same or gone up. Once they feel it you'll see prices start to come down as it did with the music industry - Napster and Limewire brought a swift and merciful end to the days of the $24.99 backcatalogue CD. Perhaps it won't be long before the same happens to the $299.99 authentic jersey.

Moral of the thread: We are all entitled to own whatever we want and nobody has a right to set the amount you must pay them. Since it's wrong of them to deprive you of things you want, just steal anything you don't feel like paying for.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

66 pages of self-righteous moralizing later, so many posters fail to grasp that this is an economic LEGAL issue. Go ahead and charge an exorbitant amount for an easily duplicated product, and don't be surprised when the counterfeits proliferate.

FYP

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Moral of the thread: We are all entitled to own whatever we want and nobody has a right to set the amount you must pay them. Since it's wrong of them to deprive you of things you want, just steal anything you don't feel like paying for.

Exactly. A jersey is a luxury item. You're not entitled to one. If you think the prices of the official product is to high don't buy it. If enough people don't buy official jerseys for this reason then the prices will drop. You're capable of effecting the market without supporting illegal activities such as ip theft.

Exactly. A jersey is a luxury item. You're not entitled to one. If you think the prices of the official product is to high don't buy them. If enough people don't buy them because of this the prices will drop. You're capable of effecting the market without supporting illegal activities such as ip theft.

I would assume that it is the fakes market that are keeping the legit's prices up.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012