2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adidas is really pushing the skin-tight henley collar this season (Real, AC Milan, Schalke, Germany away)

I love it. I want to see more of it. A perfect mix between the classy collar (polo) and regular collar (crew cut). And it's very old school but works with modern uniforms.

Adidas is really pushing the skin-tight henley collar this season (Real, AC Milan, Schalke, Germany away)

I love it. I want to see more of it. A perfect mix between the classy collar (polo) and regular collar (crew cut). And it's very old school but works with modern uniforms.

If the new US shirts had that collar, they'd be 10x better.

No that collar looks stupid, it loos so restricting and uncomfortable compared to the classy loose fitting polo collar

Strongly disagree. It is not a very American look at all.

This isn't an American look?

farm-tactics-main.jpg

farm-tactics-main.jpg

Does that collar really look the same to you as this one:

Schalke+14+15+Heimtrikot.jpg

One is intended to stand up and the other to lay flat.

farm-tactics-main.jpg

Looks Greek to me. ^^

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

farm-tactics-main.jpg

Um, yes? I mean, the Schalke on has more ribbing, but it's still lays flat across the shoulders. Adidas has used the close neck cuts for the last several years (see Chelsea or Mexico) and this is just the henley version of that... but that's not a collar in my eyes. A collar leaves the slope of the shoulders and stands up.

To review... these are short collars:

nike_man_utd_2013_1036158final.jpg

Man-Utd-Away-Jersey-2013.jpg

You dont see how much tighter it is, he couldn't get that shirt over his head with out undoing the button versus the crew which you would be able to

No offense, but isn't that just the normal effect of having buttons? It's why they don't have pull-over dress shirts, because you'd can't get that same fit around the neck. It has nothing to do with the style of the collar.

farm-tactics-main.jpg

Um, yes? I mean, the Schalke on has more ribbing, but it's still lays flat across the shoulders. Adidas has used the close neck cuts for the last several years (see Chelsea or Mexico) and this is just the henley version of that... but that's not a collar in my eyes. A collar leaves the slope of the shoulders and stands up.

To review... these are short collars:

nike_man_utd_2013_1036158final.jpg

Man-Utd-Away-Jersey-2013.jpg

I maintain that collar just doesn't look very American, let alone like a shirt for an American soccer team.

Archived