2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Maybe your answer lies in their crest...

Also, this is the British sovereign's royal standard when used in Scotland:

800px-Royal_Standard_of_the_United_Kingd

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It has nothing to do with the royal standard. Because that's not red, it's pink.

Scotland+2014+Away+Kit.jpg

The kit, made by adidas, features similar colours but is very different in design to the Rosebery jerseys worn by Scotland sides at sporadic intervals in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Archibald Primrose, the fifth Earl of Rosebery, was a Liberal peer who was prime minster between 1894 and 1895. A sports devotee, Lord Roseberys main interests were horse racing, football and rugby.

He was an early patron of the Scottish Football Association and later became honorary president. He was also the first president of London Scottish RFC.

His horses won the Derby three times and, in 1881, Scotland deviated from dark blue to turn out in Roseberys racing colours of primrose yellow and rose pink.

http://scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/leaked-pictures-of-scotland-s-new-away-kit-1-3319604

It has nothing to do with the royal standard. Because that's not red, it's pink.

Scotland+2014+Away+Kit.jpg

The kit, made by adidas, features similar colours but is very different in design to the Rosebery jerseys worn by Scotland sides at sporadic intervals in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Archibald Primrose, the fifth Earl of Rosebery, was a Liberal peer who was prime minster between 1894 and 1895. A sports devotee, Lord Roseberys main interests were horse racing, football and rugby.

He was an early patron of the Scottish Football Association and later became honorary president. He was also the first president of London Scottish RFC.

His horses won the Derby three times and, in 1881, Scotland deviated from dark blue to turn out in Roseberys racing colours of primrose yellow and rose pink.

http://scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/leaked-pictures-of-scotland-s-new-away-kit-1-3319604

I suppose these are the mentioned kits

scotland-1881-b.gifscotland-1900-1901-c.gifscotland-1905-1909.gifscotland-1949-1951-16-may-franceA.gif

Hmm. I understand the historical significance of the colours but if you're going to use pink and yellow as per the Earl's colours have the confidence to see it through and go with proper hoops over the whole shirt.

The shorts also look to be a bit on the thin side if that picture's anything to go by.

...except that you can't have full hoops in international football.

I mean insofar as the whole shirt being composed of the pink and yellow hoops, rather than having them plonked onto a white jersey as they are now.

Another Warrior kit? Does this mean warrior is going to be a major player in the kit business. Or just another small player?

Since they are chasing after Manchester United I think they want to fill in where Umbro has fallen off and build a brand that can eventually challenge adidas and Nike.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Another Warrior kit? Does this mean warrior is going to be a major player in the kit business. Or just another small player?

Since they are chasing after Manchester United I think they want to fill in where Umbro has fallen off and build a brand that can eventually challenge adidas and Nike.

More power to them. Say what you will about their designs, at least they're trying something different. I wouldn't be too surprised if they made a play for the MLS contract when it comes up.

Classy look for the All Whites, but really, how could you screw that up?

Archived