2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

footyheadlines.com got some info to the new Hertha kits:

'The new Hertha BSC 14-15 Home Kit features the traditional colors blue / white, while the new Hertha BSC Berlin 2014-15 Away jersey is dark navy / black with white applications. The new Hertha Kits are again made by Nike and sponsored by Deutsche Bahn. The shorts of the new Hertha Home Kit are blue, while the away shorts are black.'

The away kit sounds like this years Inter shirts. Thats great because I love them!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Not to reignite debates about monochrome kits, short clashes etc from the World Cup thread, but did anyone else have difficulty with West Ham vs Southampton from yesterday? Hammers in their dark claret w/ white shorts, Soton in black shirts with white shorts.

Up close on tv shorts (and surely at ground level in the game) there is no obvious clash, but the normal camera angles, with the dull light at the game it was difficult to initially pick them apart.

liverpool-1.png

Question: Has anyone actually seen a soccer kit with stripes at the bottom? That design on the AC Milan kit is new to me.

Yeah, PSG's alternate has them

But, just, why the hem stripes? They just don't look good on a soccer kit.

And yeah, I can see where that WHU - SOU game could be really hard to watch.

I suppose they assumed that if it worked against Arsenal, it should be fine this time as well. But I agree here, EPL should be more strict about shorts (and goalkeeper) clashes.

30j8.jpg

I really dont see what the problem is with the shorts, they look fine to me, you can still easily tell the teams apart

There are some instances where you can't believe the kit pairings were allowed, others where the reasons for changing the kits appear utterly arbitrary.

Of course, although the kitmen of the two clubs have to submit their intentions for approval ahead of the match the referee on the day can still demand changes if he feels certain bits of kit are going to cause him or his assistants problems. The Premier League does seem a little more lax at times compared to some other competitions, including the Football League. I wonder if branding issues come into play at all - that the Premier League prefers to see teams playing in the colours they're chiefly associated with?

Archived