2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible-Union-2014-1st-kit-front.png.pa

I'm not a fan of the 3 different shades of gold.

I'm not a fan of the crest being in the center of the shirt, and the big fat gold stripe that is on the front, but not the back
For what it's worth, its been that way since their inaugural season in 2010--itsthe their unique "thing":

http://soccerfans.com/images/_full/ADI_40322_A.jpeg

http://mlspodcast.worldsoccertalk.com/files/2010/05/Philadelphia-Union-away-300x300.jpg

The basic design of which mimics Philly's civic flag:

http://hiddencityphila.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/us-pa-p1.gif

Regerdless of whether the idea of the centered crest came from the crest on that flag, it was a unique idea that I don't recall any other soccer teams doing before, at least not in the MLS, anyway. (None of this helps explain the various shades of gold, however.)

**Additional note for those unaware of the Union's kit sponsor (which by the way is pronounced "BEEM-bo"):

Philadelphia Union and Bimbo Bakeries USA today announced a four-year partnership agreement that will put one of the worlds largest baking companies on the front of the Union team jersey and all team apparel. Philadelphia Union are the fifth professional soccer team to don the Bimbo logo, as Grupo Bimbo, the companys Mexican parent is also the jersey sponsor for three of Mexicos Primera Division teams, America, Chivas de Guadalajara and Monterrey, as well as Costa Rican professional team Deportiva Saprissa.

Todays announcement is yet another defining moment in both Philadelphia Unions and Major League Soccers history, said Philadelphia Union CEO & Operating Partner Nick Sakiewicz. The Union brand is about authenticity and you dont get more authentic than Bimbo. Were honored to partner with a major international company with a rich soccer tradition and longstanding commitment to world class products and outstanding customer service.

- taken from the team's website

Also, let it be known that I was in attendance at their inaugural season opener, still have my authentic home jersey, team sweater, keychain lanyatd, fan towel, and beanie cap, and still wear it all proudly--when I'm at home, of course. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just saw this today. Nice, understated patch. I read that they'll use it on their new 3rd kit this year. Could we finally get this look that's been floating around for years?

s40.jpg

ssfc-retro-kit-big800.jpg

It's nice and classy, maybe a little plain but that "Xbox 360 Live" sponsor just doesn't fit in. I liked the old one where it just said "XBOX"

Just saw this today. Nice, understated patch. I read that they'll use it on their new 3rd kit this year. Could we finally get this look that's been floating around for years?

s40.jpg

It's nice and classy, maybe a little plain but that "Xbox 360 Live" sponsor just doesn't fit in. I liked the old one where it just said "XBOX"

This is an old concept when they were still using the XBOX360 LIVE logo. If they did go this way I'm pretty sure it would just say XBOX.

s40.jpg

This is an old concept when they were still using the XBOX360 LIVE logo. If they did go this way I'm pretty sure it would just say XBOX.

I'd think that Xbox One would be on anything new

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Yeah, what the hell is up with that?

Love the green-and-gold with no white. But three shorts with no white? Are the black and red shorts interchangeable or are they going to have a red away kit and a black-and-red third?

Away kit is black and red, so stands to assume that those are two options to pair with the same away shirt.

Third will be all green with gold trim (far right). Very interested to see how they differentiate that one from the home.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

NGZGVY6.jpg

Not getting too excited about these. Black and red seems so heavy. Maybe trying to tie in a bit with the blazers? Not too crazy about that shade of green either. Looks a bit like the eagles midnight green. Hoping for a fauxback kit with the timbers script.

Why don't they just bring the three stripes on the chest back? Why did they even removed them back in the days?

That would be great to see. Hopefully they will do that sometime in the future, possibly when they are celebrating the 20th anniversary in a couple of years.

2llhtfa.jpg

jigx09.jpg

Thanks to Silent Wind of Doom for these sweet sigs.

Archived