2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

If warrior and MLS struck a deal, we'd be in for some crazy uniforms. However, I doubt that would happen. Warrior isn't a big American name. I can't imagine Nike passing on the immense opportunity they would have to fix the crap that Adidas have been making when the contract runs out.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If warrior and MLS struck a deal, we'd be in for some crazy uniforms. However, I doubt that would happen. Warrior isn't a big American name. I can't imagine Nike passing on the immense opportunity they would have to fix the crap that Adidas have been making when the contract runs out.

I feel the same way. Really hope Nike gets the contract back whenever they have the opportunity.

Yeah. Sucks.

Good for the league if there's a bidding war in 2017 or whenever they start to talk about the next contract. Having a team in New York, and potentially fixing the LA situation, will give MLS a higher profile internationally, which is obviously appealing to apparel companies.

...except that you can't have full hoops in international football.

dfb-schweinsteiger-trikot-away-2014.jpg

Yeah, the US sold full-hooped replica versions, too. When it came to playing international games, however, the names/numbers were on a white background.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm surprised at how many people don't like Adidas with MLS. In general I think Nike >>>> Adidas for soccer, but I think Adidas does their best work in MLS. They'll throw some top flight European into crappy templated shirts, but almost every MLS team has a unique look. Granted, this is probably the worst MLS will look in the past few years, but I've liked the MLS/Adidas pairing for the most part.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I feel the same way. Really hope Nike gets the contract back whenever they have the opportunity.
I'd prefer to see separate teams wearing adidas, Nike and whatever manufacturers want in. It makes for a better look overall when there are more options available.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah, the US sold full-hooped replica versions, too. When it came to playing international games, however, the names/numbers were on a white background.

Did those repilcas have numbers? It would look strange to sell shirts with an empty white box (even though they did it in the past IIRC).

Did those repilcas have numbers? It would look strange to sell shirts with an empty white box (even though they did it in the past IIRC).

The replicas were available with no numbers and had hoops all the way around. The authentics were available with no numbers and had empty white boxes.

Adidas has invested so much money into the MLS, not only through their outfitting deal but also through the Adidas Generation program, I have a really hard time seeing them leave.

Nike did the same before them and then left or got outbid.

I think once this current Adidas deal expires in 2018, the Don should allow all clubs to go to any manufacturer they want. Every other league in the world is like that except MLS. But if MLS does decide to go to one manufacturer again, then I would prefer Nike or even Puma. Don't get me wrong, I like Adidas but I think they've been screwing up one too many times with their MLS kits. Especially this year.

I think once this current Adidas deal expires in 2018, the Don should allow all clubs to go to any manufacturer they want. Every other league in the world is like that except MLS. But if MLS does decide to go to one manufacturer again, then I would prefer Nike or even Puma. Don't get me wrong, I like Adidas but I think they've been screwing up one too many times with their MLS kits. Especially this year.

Not going to happen. Makes more financial sense for the entire league to sign one big contract with a single manufacturer. Unlike other soccer leagues worldwide, yes, but that's how America's big four leagues do it, remember.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived