Teams wearing their rivals colours.

Max@lcs

Not a rivalry on the level of BYU-Utah, but BYU more or less misappropriated Utah State's colors when the Cougs switched away from royal blue to navy blue. BYU fans always justified it by saying that Utah State wasn't doing anything with the color anyway.

Here's what it look like when I was a kid:

BYU vs. Utah State 1981

BYU vs. Utah State 1983

And here's what it looked like more recently:

2311.jpg

At least Utah State finally added grey [back] to their color scheme:

13ftb_at_utah_state_0838.jpg

As an Aggie alum, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Whether or not BYU initially wore Navy, most people see them as a Royal Blue school.

I'm glad that the Cougars returned to their traditional look, but they still don't quite look like BYU wearing navy. I hope that BYU returns to a lighter shade of blue as their primary color--and I think it's a matter of time until they do.

That said, I like how USU has (re-)embraced gray, along with their 2012 rebrand.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that wasn't smart. Maybe if they used a different shade of red, like how Manchester United always uses a darker shade of blue for their blue kits than Manchester City's blue, but that's pretty much the same red.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Timbers wore their half white kits, vs a team called the WHITEcaps. They even wore them on the road.

MLS_Timbers_Whitecaps_Soc9.jpg

How was this allowed

It's because the front is red I think. But, still seems too close doesn't it?

IMG_9275.jpg

that is just stupid jersey design, I'm sure that there were a bunch of turnovers from the whitecaps seeing that

I think adidas is pranking the A-League this season as Melbourne Victory's away kit is in the colours of rival Sydney FC

Melborne+Victory+13+14+Kits.jpg

And Sydney's home kit features a dark blue V reminiscent of Victory :D

SFC13_mini_kit_front__51882_zoom.JPG

liverpool-1.png

Also, since the Red Sox took all of the RED out of their away jerseys, they kind of look like the Yankees

BDD_KY_sea_072310_gett.jpg

Kind of off topic, but am I the only one who HATES the current Sox road unis? History or no history, compared to the previous set they suck. I wish they still wore these, then they'd have best set of jerseys in baseball IMO

Nomar1.jpg

I think it's weird how some rivals have just similar color schemes. They don't copy each other but the schemes are similar. In the NBA the Pistons, the Cavs, the Bulls, and the Bucks, all use red! The Astros and the Rangers both had very similar color schemes, the Indians and the Reds both have similar. In the NBA instate rivals Lakers and Warriors, and division rivals Hawks and Heat. The browns and the Bengals both use orange

2013RoseBowlPNGsg_zps49cea191.png

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

FC BAYERN MUNCHEN-MICHIGAN STATE-THE DETROIT FOUR-WASHINGTON REDSKINS-LA LAKERS

I think it's weird how some rivals have just similar color schemes. They don't copy each other but the schemes are similar. In the NBA the Pistons, the Cavs, the Bulls, and the Bucks, all use red! The Astros and the Rangers both had very similar color schemes, the Indians and the Reds both have similar. In the NBA instate rivals Lakers and Warriors, and division rivals Hawks and Heat. The browns and the Bengals both use orange

I think its just that there are 9 colors, and when you begin to combine them you are going to have a lot of them share atleast one color

Archived