Teams wearing their rivals colours.

Max@lcs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboys wearing Redskins colors (almost)

Cliffharris%20025.jpg

http://www.helmethut.com/CliffHarris.html

I'm pretty sure it says the yellow is discoloration from being displayed in a smoke-filled restaurant. The red is real, though... still interesting seeing the Cowboys in anything other than their assortment of various blues and silvers.

Didn't they wear the red/white/blue stripe in 1976 for the nation's Bicentennial?

Seeing the Tricentennial is on my bucket list btw. I'll be a spry 115 if I make it. B)

Yeah, that's the story from the link, that the white turned yellow and the blue turned black. However, I don't buy it. It's TOO yellow, and a solid yellow at that, and the other stripe is too black, particularly when the red is not darkened at all. I'm guessing someone slapped those stripes on after the fact to be goofy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Cliffharris%20025.jpg

I'm pretty sure it says the yellow is discoloration from being displayed in a smoke-filled restaurant. The red is real, though... still interesting seeing the Cowboys in anything other than their assortment of various blues and silvers.

Didn't they wear the red/white/blue stripe in 1976 for the nation's Bicentennial?

Seeing the Tricentennial is on my bucket list btw. I'll be a spry 115 if I make it. B)

Yeah, that's the story from the link, that the white turned yellow and the blue turned black. However, I don't buy it. It's TOO yellow, and a solid yellow at that, and the other stripe is too black, particularly when the red is not darkened at all. I'm guessing someone slapped those stripes on after the fact to be goofy.

Yea in the picture from the back the black was not discolored from smoke since you can see the blue under the red stripe and their is no discoloration. Yellow is also too yellow to be smoke. The question if someone did put it on later, did they also go through making another Harris label to put on over the yellow stripe or is there more to the story of why maybe the Cowboys did this.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Cliffharris%20025.jpg

Yea in the picture from the back the black was not discolored from smoke since you can see the blue under the red stripe and their is no discoloration. Yellow is also too yellow to be smoke. The question if someone did put it on later, did they also go through making another Harris label to put on over the yellow stripe or is there more to the story of why maybe the Cowboys did this.

also the white in the outline of the star logo would be yellow too, and star would be black

If we're going with regular colors, Syracuse and Virginia would count but it's way more coincidental and both teams wore navy and orange well before it became a lacrosse rivalry. The Jets are basically all alone with green and white and I guess you can say the Islanders in blue is like the Rangers, but the red and orange separate that apart.

Syracuse alternate/Nike experimental uniforms, however? OH HO HO

10597049-large.jpg

PLATINUM Grey is Georgetown's color

princeton_syracuse_lacrosse5.jpeg

ANTHRACITE Dark grey isn't black, but is pretty damn close. Especially when you decide to wear them against a rival who has those colors

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Cliffharris%20025.jpg

also the white in the outline of the star logo would be yellow too, and star would be black

The stripes are vinyl tape; the logo is a different material. I also thought the yellow was incredibly yellow, but it was probably sitting in that smoke-filled bar for 30 years. Just age alone can yellow something like newspaper to an incredible degree. I choose to believe the description, rather than come up with my own conspiracy theory.

Liverpool had a kit with blue in it.

article-1330177875632-11B01490000005DC-9

It was not well-liked, due to blue being the colour of Liverpool's intra-city rival Everton. Rather dubious if you ask me, as Everton's blue is much darker than the shade used in Liverpool's shirt.

As a comparison, Manchester United have long used blue in their change strip.

29.+Man+Utd+Away%26+Third+2005-2007+(bact_manchester_united_club_shirts-3268985.ManchesterUnitedJerseySM.JPGMLa-150x200.jpg

No one gets upset about this on the grounds that Man City's colour is another shade of blue. The blue in Man U's kit is just as far from Man City's sky blue as the blue in the Liverpool kit was from Everton's shade.

Anyway, it fits the topic, I suppose.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

If I recall, the point of this thread was to talk about the hypothetical situation of what one teams would look like in another rival team's colors. So I present this. What would the Washington Capitals look like in the colors of the Pittsburgh Penguins, and vice versa?

While the Mighty Ducks old black "Anaheim" jerseys were really nice, they were a little too similar to the other guys up the road:

adam_deadmarsh_action_photofile.jpg

11.18aaa.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

There was nothing nice about those jerseys. They weren't in team color, the black was so similar to the eggplant that the eggplant looked black from any distance, they didn't have any jade at all, and worst of all, they had a crappy baseball script. They looked like the absolute worst Walmart fashion jersey ever. All that was missing was a logo patch on the chest above the wordmark.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

There was nothing nice about those jerseys. They weren't in team color, the black was so similar to the eggplant that the eggplant looked black from any distance, they didn't have any jade at all, and worst of all, they had a crappy baseball script. They looked like the absolute worst Walmart fashion jersey ever. All that was missing was a logo patch on the chest above the wordmark.

And they eliminated the teal and white stripe on their pants because of those jerseys. I hated those black Ducks jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived