2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

CONCACAF has come out to play in this tournament.

If things stand the way they are it will 4-1-1 so far in this tournament.

The American teams in general are pretty strong this time. CONCACAF and CONMEBOL. Africa and Asia is pretty disappointing on the other side.

The thing is that people expected the CONEMBOL teams to be good because the tournament is in South America and they have stronger teams than CONCACAF.

No CONCACAF team was a favorite to even get out their group before the tournament started.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CONCACAF has come out to play in this tournament.

If things stand the way they are it will 4-1-1 so far in this tournament.

The American teams in general are pretty strong this time. CONCACAF and CONMEBOL. Africa and Asia is pretty disappointing on the other side.

The thing is that people expected the CONEMBOL teams to be good because the tournament is in South America and they have stronger teams than CONCACAF.

No CONCACAF team was a favorite to even get out their group before the tournament started.

That's true. Was just sayin'.

Costa Rica is incredible. If they really advance from group stage that would be one of the biggest surprises in World Cup history. Especially when tehy finish first in THAT group!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

What a letdown. Hopefully Italy can bring it Tuesday against Uruguay, or they're :censored:ed.

Good thing for the Italians is that they go through if they get a draw against Uruguay.

Also I'm laughing my ass off at some of the England fans online saying that the Italians lost on purpose to eliminate England. Obviously the Italians would sacrifice their own chances at advancing just to eliminate a team that has very little chance of advancing to begin with.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Am I hurting being English? A little.

Am I suprised? NO

This has been coming for a long time as our FA just sits on it's laurels thinking we will get it right this time without changing our games infrastructure from the grass roots upwards. I have been saying for ages that we should have looked at what Germany did when they were humbled in the 2000 Euro's.

The FA's pragmatism has always been were we fail. Now they might do something about it but I have been living in hope since we failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1994 they might actually get their act together.

glory10.png

France alternates between good and bad performances in the World Cup. In 82 and 86 they made the semifinals. In 1990 and 1994 they didn't even qualify. Four years after that they won it all 98. In 2002 they scored 0 goals in three games. In 2006 they lost in the final. In 2010 they went 0-1-2.

Pick a side, French. Are you good at soccer or not?

PvO6ZWJ.png

This has been coming for a long time as our FA just sits on it's laurels thinking we will get it right this time without changing our games infrastructure from the grass roots upwards. I have been saying for ages that we should have looked at what Germany did when they were humbled in the 2000 Euro's.

The FA's pragmatism has always been were we fail. Now they might do something about it but I have been living in hope since we failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1994 they might actually get their act together.

The FA unfortunately is reactive rather than proactive - every once in a while we have a major tournament spanking and there's much hand wringing about what to do to ensure it never happens again. The answer is usually to use an achieving continental nation as a template, which we then try to emulate in a half-arsed way. When we finally start seeing some results from this, we find the rest of the world has moved on and we're back to square one.

*pokes Switzerland with stick*

Also

#CONCACAFRULEZ

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived