2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

Did anyone else see mueller a face right after the match

Smashed his face on the ghanaians's shoulder. Right mess.

This is turning into one hell of a group.

glory10.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheering for Portugal for the first and only time in my life tomorrow (nothing against the US team personally, lol). I didn't expect that result, nor the fact that it could have even gone Ghana's way. There was a stoppage time 4 on 2 wasted on the offside, imagine if they could have slipped one through, the group would have been a level playing field.

Realistically, a tie would be the best result for the US. Possible scenario if the tie holds and Portugal loses:

US- 6 points

Germany- 4 points

Ghana- 1 point

Portugal- 0 points

Not sure why everyone's acting as if an American win is automatic. This is US Men's Soccer, not Basketball we're talkin' about.

Portugal also has one of the best players on Earth while we have a sidelined Altidore and a captain breathing through one nostril.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

If the U.S. were to draw tomorrow with Portugal, it would be in both theirs and the Germans best interest to play for a draw on Thursday. Both would advance that way.

But that will be a tough point to secure. The Americans certainly won't secure it if they play like they did against Ghana, I guarantee that much.

spacer.png

The Germany-Ghana match was definitely a cracking match. End to end in the second half. That's what you call a match of two halves. Here's hoping Müller will be ok after that collision.

As for the Portugal-USA match, I can see Portugal coming out flying due to their lack of passion in their first match. USA was lucky to come out with a victory in their first match scoring early and parking the bus after they scored. I see a Portugal win 2-1

So for the USMNT, it's "win and you're in" tomorrow. Win, and all Thursday's match vs. Germany is good for is for knockout phase seeding. But considering that...

1. the game is in Manaus.

2. Portugal has Christiano Ronaldo.

3. Altidore is out with a hamstring injury.

4. Dempsey will breathe that hellish Manaus air out of only one nostril while shouldering more responsibility because of #3.

...good luck with all this.

If I'm not mistaken, did that Klose goal tie him with Ronaldo (for most WC goals) or does he need another?

Either way, that was a hell of a match.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The Germany-Ghana match was definitely a cracking match. End to end in the second half. That's what you call a match of two halves. Here's hoping Müller will be ok after that collision.

As for the Portugal-USA match, I can see Portugal coming out flying due to their lack of passion in their first match. USA was lucky to come out with a victory in their first match scoring early and parking the bus after they scored. I see a Portugal win 2-1

OK, I don't get that logic. The team was listless in the first game, so obviously they will play like somebody doped them with IVs of caffeine in the next game? Isn't it just as likely that Portugal will opt for another siesta?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Realistically, a tie would be the best result for the US. Possible scenario if the tie holds and Portugal loses:

US- 6 points

Germany- 4 points

Ghana- 1 point

Portugal- 0 points

Not sure why everyone's acting as if an American win is automatic. This is US Men's Soccer, not Basketball we're talkin' about.

Exactly. We'll be lucky to even draw, let alone win tomorrow. With that said, we have a glorious opportunity tomorrow. We have to take advantage of it. We just have to.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I just want to say...

USA 2, Ghana 1.

I BELIEVE!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Why does UEFA get 13 teams again?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived