2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Turkey have, by far, so many World Cup representatives from their domestic league, but are no-names internationally?

Same goes for China and Ukraine, but to much lesser extents...

300 domestic league teams are represented in the World Cup (32 23-man rosters). English soccer (not counting Wales' 2 teams representatives) has 28 teams represented, the most of any nation. 19% of World Cup players who play club soccer abroad play in England.

247 of 736 World Cup players play club soccer in the same country they will represent in the World Cup. All 23 Russian players play in Russian leagues, the only WC team with a full roster of national league representatives. All WC teams have at least one player on the roster who plays in the domestic league.

52 countries' club soccer teams are represented in the World Cup.

11 teams in the World Cup have no foreign World Cup players playing in their national leagues. Can you name the 11 countries? Hint: Iran is one.

Why does Turkey have, by far, so many World Cup representatives from their domestic league, but are no-names internationally?

$$$$$$

300 domestic league teams are represented in the World Cup (32 23-man rosters). English soccer (not counting Wales' 2 teams representatives) has 28 teams represented, the most of any nation. 19% of World Cup players who play club soccer abroad play in England.

247 of 736 World Cup players play club soccer in the same country they will represent in the World Cup. All 23 Russian players play in Russian leagues, the only WC team with a full roster of national league representatives. All WC teams have at least one player on the roster who plays in the domestic league.

52 countries' club soccer teams are represented in the World Cup.

11 teams in the World Cup have no foreign World Cup players playing in their national leagues. Can you name the 11 countries? Hint: Iran is one.

What did you just write?

1zqy8ok.gif

By now, I see no way that the German team is going anywhere near the finals. We have so many important players injured like Gomez and Gündogan that would've been key players in the tournament. Also, since yesterday, add Reus to that list. He was the best German player this past season and for me the biggest hope for Brasil.

We also have many (important) players not beeing at 100% due to past injuries. Klose, Khedira, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Neuer.

Also to add, the players who are, by far, not in their best form. Like Özil, Podolski or Götze.

We`ll go to the quarter-finals, but then... we'll see how the tournament turns out for Germany.

My guess for the first game against Portugal:

G: Neuer

D: Lahm, Mertesacker, Hummels, Durm

M: Schweinsteiger, Kramer, Müller, Kroos, Schürrle

S: Klose

This is our best by now.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Sucks that Germany is loosing so many good players, but I still see them getting out of their group on top, especially if Ronaldo doesn't play.

Just curious, how many people think/hope that Ghana can just squeeze out of their group?

Archived