Logos that would be better in another sport.

kevsim1

I saw an old Long Beach Stingrays logo that was used for a womens basketball team that I always thought was a great looking logo. Would look good for baseball, NBA, football, whatever.

a little off-topic but the USFL logos (most of them) were all very solid logos. Wish I had been alive to have been around this league, as I am not very knowledgeable about it.

2lwkad0.png

I saw an old Long Beach Stingrays logo that was used for a womens basketball team that I always thought was a great looking logo. Would look good for baseball, NBA, football, whatever.

a little off-topic but the USFL logos (most of them) were all very solid logos. Wish I had been alive to have been around this league, as I am not very knowledgeable about it.

2lwkad0.png

Gamblers, Express, Stars would make good baseball hats. Side note, I was just a little kid but I enjoyed watching it and my fantasy league uses the Wranglers, Outlaws, Blitz logos. I used to use the Invaders.

I could see the New Orleans VooDoo logo used in baseball

VooDoo.jpg

It should've been used for basketball... :(

On a side note, I think the Pelicans identity would make an excellent MLB or NHL identity. Now that I think of it, a lot of NBA identities would fit in the NHL (fitting, since I see their overall aesthetic styles as similar).

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I think this was pretty much one of my favorite threads here ever

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/89873-nfl-hockey-jersey-series/

Amazing how many NFL logos looked great on a hockey jersey

I had not seen that thread and it's worth it for the Browns jersey, which just caused me to embarrassingly laugh out loud at work.

I think the Flames logo would look great on the right side of a football helmet, but a team with that logo may want to just pull a Steelers. It would look odd on the left side.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

In my opinion every sports team logo can be reintroduced to another sport who which it doesn't belong too but many do stand out. Examples...

MLB

Oakland Athletics Primary: NHL Crest

NBA

Boston Celtics Secondary: NHL Crest

Portland TrailBlazers Alternate (Modified Angle via 1970-1990): MLB Cap Logo (Even A NHL Crest)

NFL

Buffalo Bills Primary: NHL Crest

New Orleans Saints Primary: MLB Cap Logo

I'd agree with all of the above except the Celtics. Unless of course you were talking about editing out the basketball and replacing it with a hockey puck? Then maybe it would be OK.

efanypa3xc41fh4f0w2pgy7fp.gif

This is the logo I was implying... hence I said Secondary

NHL

NY Rangers for baseball ..Ooop sorry, there's already Rangers in Texas.

No kidding their crest would look great on a baseball uni.

Theres the Flyers logo on a football helmet we saw elsewhere on this site, nice look. Of course, same goes for the Red Wings.

Ottawa Senators also on a football helmet. Winnipeg Jets on a football helmet.

• 2 weeks later...

sixers-logo.jpg

If the basketball was a baseball here it would have a 70s baseball feel to it

This is way late, but I think you're right.

UNe2WWs.png

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived