MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

David, how about making the trident say M's instead of tying in the compass? It'd be a nice nod to those uniforms and perhpas would look nice. If not, I like the sublimated logo, but it's kinda busy for a cap.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually going to suggest that you extend the trident to the north point Of the compass, but you did it anyways and pulled it off nicely. As long as it has a white outline around it all.

This series has been really fun to read through. Executed well and really creative. Can't wait for more.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Here is an update to the Mariners. I changed the main logo and the hat designs. Thanks for the feedback; it helped the design get quite a bit better. Am I now finished with the Mariners or are there things I need to fix?

MARINERSLOGOSv2.png

HOMEUNIFORMSSEAv2.png

AWAYUNIFORMSSEAv2.png

MarinersElementExplanationv2.png

Could you try the blue hat with the teal brim but make the "M" on the logo white? This would look especially good on the blue and teal alternates as the white "M" would complement the white script on the jersey.

The scripts are silver, so I made the alt. hat trident two tones of silver to keep the beveling and also to match the scripts.

i would eliminate the compass could you also eliminate one of the outlines for the jersey script

I tried eliminating the second outline on the jersey scripts, but they felt too empty. They also currently use a double outline (although much thinner than this), so I wanted to keep the double outlines.

As much as I love the upside down trident M as logo, it just doesn't work since it is a symbol of bad luck with mariners/sailors. Glad to see you kept the teal opposed to going to the blue/gold route many choose to take the M's.

Again, I appreciate the info, and I can completely see why a new logo/look for them would want to avoid this, but for this concept I am more concerned with incorporating past looks than determining whether it was a good marketing decision. I hope this makes sense.

David, how about making the trident say M's instead of tying in the compass? It'd be a nice nod to those uniforms and perhpas would look nice. If not, I like the sublimated logo, but it's kinda busy for a cap.

I want to avoid the M's look because the A's are in the same division. It is a busy logo for a cap, but they currently have a compass on their hats, so their hats are fairly busy.

award%20sig.png

I'm digging this Mariners concept. But I would love that they also go back to the '79-era (or roughly there) numeral font. I'd have to look for it, but it's not block. It's not even 1984 Padres-like but a lot closer to that; It's much more rounded, and matches some of the work you've compiled.

I'm digging this Mariners concept. But I would love that they also go back to the '79-era (or roughly there) numeral font. I'd have to look for it, but it's not block. It's not even 1984 Padres-like but a lot closer to that; It's much more rounded, and matches some of the work you've compiled.

I like how it is unique (although I think it is a bit too wide, click here for a picture of an actual jersey), and I like how it incorporates another era. So here are the uniforms with the 1977-80 numbers.

HOMEUNIFORMSSEAv21.png

AWAYUNIFORMSSEAv21.png

award%20sig.png

For the Rangers I am doing an update of this logo:

2895.png

I am updating it with elements from other logos they have used. It isn't fully cleaned up yet, but I want your opinion on whether or not the star/badge in the R works.

ScreenShot2014-06-30at44934PM.pngScreenShot2014-06-30at45015PM.pngScreenShot2014-06-30at45041PM.png

EDIT: I also tried one with cutting out the star/badge. How is this one?

ScreenShot2014-06-30at50623PM.png

award%20sig.png

Glad to see you're keeping the badge logo. I like the second one; the first one might be too busy. The last one looks good but I wouldn't want you to drop the badge imagery entirely.

Could you try moving the star in the second one down and to the left a bit? Something about it looks off-kilter as it currently appears.

EDIT: Just saw your updated fourth option and I REALLY like that one. I was actually going to suggest you try that idea out.

Using the old logo as the benchmark, the placement/size of the ball in the new logo is off. But, on second thought, the outline of Texas is off in the old one. Hmm....

I take option two and suggest the following fixes:

1) The center of the ball and the center "barbs" in the vertical stroke of the "T" shoud be closer together, if not in the same place. Move and/or scale the Ball accordingly.

2) Shrink the star in the "R", starting by shrinking it to 80% of it's height.

Archived