New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i feel this whole thread is just talking in circles saying the exact same things over and over again, with a butt hole thrown in here or there.

Dude... if that bothers you, don't open a "new uniforms in 2015" thread in early 2014.

i feel this whole thread is just talking in circles saying the exact same things over and over again, with a butt hole thrown in here or there.

Dude... if that bothers you, don't open a "new uniforms in 2015" thread in early 2014.

I was just saying there was a whole lot of nothing being said.

Honestly, the helmet is the one thing they should change, even if it's just from orange to brown. They are the Cleveland Browns, not the Cleveland Oranges....

Seriously, how many :censored: ing times do we have to go over this?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Honestly, the helmet is the one thing they should change, even if it's just from orange to brown. They are the Cleveland Browns, not the Cleveland Oranges....

I know people argue that having the name Browns, considering where it comes from, doesn't mean they need to wear mostly brown. But when you actually have brown in your color scheme, and the only team with the color, IMHO they should make brown their primary color to totally own it. Especially when the uni doesn't have much of anything else going for it. Besides, how many people actually know where the name Browns come from anyway? First thing most people think of when they hear the name is the color of the uniforms, not Paul Brown. On top of all of that, IMHO brown just looks better that plain orange.

I know people argue that having the name Browns, considering where it comes from, doesn't mean they need to wear mostly brown. But when you actually have brown in your color scheme, and the only team with the color, IMHO they should make brown their primary color to totally own it. Especially when the uni doesn't have much of anything else going for it. Besides, how many people actually know where the name Browns come from anyway? First thing most people think of when they hear the name is the color of the uniforms, not Paul Brown. On top of all of that, IMHO brown just looks better that plain orange.

The already wear brown jerseys. And last year they re-introduced the brown pants. If they go to brown pants, brown jerseys, AND brown helmets they literally will look like :censored:.

While I am not a fan of side panels in general here is a thought that just popped into my head about 5 min ago that would update Cleveland's look and still work with their non-changing traditional helmet.

What if the current stripes were removed from the sleeves and replaced with either the TV number instead of on the shoulder or with some newly designed logo, and the striping pattern from the helmet is then mimicked on the side panels and continued down into the pant stripes.

Not sure if stripped socks (with a matching pattern) or solid socks should be used with this. When I have some free time I'll try and mock something up.

Thoughts?

Archived