New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Believe me, I see many issues with the Dolphins uniform: little too stylized logo, double outlines, not emphasizing orange. But, all in all, it is a much more timeless look than the Bucs or Jags.

In my experience, the best, most successful and timeless designs are the most minimal.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe me, I see many issues with the Dolphins uniform: little too stylized logo, double outlines, not emphasizing orange. But, all in all, it is a much more timeless look than the Bucs or Jags.

In my experience, the best, most successful and timeless designs are the most minimal.

Dropping the orange is a detail that ruined it. But otherwise the overall concept and its spirit seem timeless and not contrived like other modernizations.

Unpopular, but I love the new Miami look. Logo looks great, new aqua looks amazing on the white. So clean. So good.

Agreed. And I think that less orange works really well with their color scheme. The combination of the orange and blue looks absolutely gorgeous in my opinion.

I think that aqua and orange was their color scheme. Marginalizing the orange kinda screwed that all up.

The logo is souless. The uniform is not egreggiously bad (except for the butt logo) but IMO the lack of orange and the "tallness" of the front numbers kills it. I'm not sure if they're taller than normal front numbers, or if they're just placed lower down under the wordmark than most, but they look awkward. Also, the number font just doesn't really work for me. There's nothing really wrong with it (or at least nothing worse than other contrived custom fonts), it's just not what I would have chosen.

I think the white facemask was a downgrade as well, but I get why they did it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unpopular, but I love the new Miami look. Logo looks great, new aqua looks amazing on the white. So clean. So good.

Agreed. And I think that less orange works really well with their color scheme. The combination of the orange and blue looks absolutely gorgeous in my opinion.

I agree as well. The aqua is what always defined the Dolphins, not orange. The aqua on this new design really "pops", and it has the perfect amount of orange/coral to compliment it. Anymore orange, and it would just take way from the the aqua. Plus, there is plenty of orange coming from the players' gloves, shoes, etc.

Some people here got in the habit of saying "not enough orange" when describing the Phins' new uni, but are they really thinking about what they're saying? Is there really a dramatic drop off of orange from the previous unis in these new ones?

DevRh.St.56.jpeg

042513-spt-fins-ae-3.jpg

article-0-1980104D000005DC-225_634x438.j

Is there really a dramatic drop off of orange from the previous unis in these new ones?

DevRh.St.56.jpeg

From the Marino era? No, not dramatic, but noticeable.

From the Griese era? Absolutely.

I used to be a huge fan of Miami back when Marino played & even a few years after but it was hard with Jay Fielder as QB.

Having said this if you cannot notice the difference between even Marino days & how the orange really shows up to now when you cannot even see it at first glance I do not know what to say.

It is very noticeable to me.

It's almost as if this Less Is More thing might have some legs.

I've posted this before but simply removing the dark blue and replacing it with orange would be the perfect balance in my eyes. My hope is Nike with practice the same restraint with the Browns new uniforms.

dophins2013.jpg

100x better. Relegating orange to a nearly non existent tertiary color in the new set was a huge mistake.

I always liked the orange but I don't really mind the new jerseys that don't icorporate a lot of orange. However, I do have a problem with the new logo. I don't think ill ever get used to that thing.

I really hope cleaveland really adds some more orange on their new uniforms though. Orange helmet, orange wordmark, an orange dominant secondary logo to go on the sleeves, and orange pants would be perfect. Nothing to crazy, but more orange would make for an adequate modernization. Maybe a wordmark similar to what the Dolphins or Bucs got as well... simple.

I've posted this before but simply removing the dark blue and replacing it with orange would be the perfect balance in my eyes. My hope is Nike with practice the same restraint with the Browns new uniforms.

dophins2013.jpg

100x better. Relegating orange to a nearly non existent tertiary color in the new set was a huge mistake.

Agreed. Just swap out the dark blue for orange and the Dolphins uniforms are fantastic.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I agree as well. The aqua is what always defined the Dolphins, not orange. The aqua on this new design really "pops", and it has the perfect amount of orange/coral to compliment it. Anymore orange, and it would just take way from the the aqua. Plus, there is plenty of orange coming from the players' gloves, shoes, etc.

Some people here got in the habit of saying "not enough orange" when describing the Phins' new uni, but are they really thinking about what they're saying? Is there really a dramatic drop off of orange from the previous unis in these new ones?

I guess I'm in the "habit" of saying that there's not enough orange and yes I really thought about what I was saying.

The orange on every Dolphins uniform prior to this one was given it's own big stripe in the middle of the the striping scheme. It was showcased right there between multiple stripes of aqua. It was visible from far away and it was balanced nicely with the other colors. Now? It's a small trim color squeezed up against the dark blue and next to white which causes it to bleed. From even a little distance it gets lost against the white background. Yes, there really is a dramatic drop off of orange from the previous unis.

PvO6ZWJ.png

dophins2013.jpg

Agreed. Just swap out the dark blue for orange and the Dolphins uniforms are fantastic.

Also the sleeve logos are so small they are pointless for the most part.I would have much rather seen an attempt at a truncated stripe (e.g. Lions)

Back to Cleveland, if what Adidas did to us at Bowling Green is any indication of what Nike will do to the Browns, expect to see:

1.- As little brown as possible. Jerseys/pants will only be orange or white

2.- A third color with no connection at all to the team (dark grey at the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl)

3.- Coach/sideline gear that's a combination of black and orange

4.- Something that sucks. These are classic uniforms that shouldn't be touched.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Back to Cleveland, if what Adidas did to us at Bowling Green is any indication of what Nike will do to the Browns, expect to see:

1.- As little brown as possible. Jerseys/pants will only be orange or white

2.- A third color with no connection at all to the team (dark grey at the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl)

3.- Coach/sideline gear that's a combination of black and orange

4.- Something that sucks. These are classic uniforms that shouldn't be touched.

I'm pretty confident that adidas did nothing with BG. BG designs are standard catalog orders placed by the equipment/coaching staff with no design input. There's zero correlation with what the browns will end up looking like.

I maybe in the minority but overall I have ALWAYS disliked the Browns uniform and logo identity. Plain ugly and literally looks like feces. Brown& orange ughh. No "real" logo.

I know it has history but visually I hope Nike Adidas or whoever creates something completely different. Imo.

shado_logo.gif

Archived