New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, involve the amazing fan base in Cleveland. Do a legit poll and see if there is a clear consensus:

1. No change

2. Elf

3. Dog

4. B

5. Completely new logo

I don't understand why they can't just do the =B= logo but make it a =C= or a =CB=.

They don't need a mascot as a logo, or anything overly stylized. Even an interlocking block CB would be fine. Just something other than using the helmet.

I happen to like the =B= logo other than it represents the nickname not the city. Elf or something else can be a secondary that isn't used on the uniforms. I don't care.

Note that I'm not advocating putting it on the helmet. I don't think it would be bad to do so, but I understand the opposition to it and don't think there's a good enough reason to tamper with their logoless helmet at this point, since it's kinda their "thing".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is going to be a very unpopular opinion.

I don't like the Browns orange helmet. For a team that uses their helmet as the primary logo, the helmet needs to feature brown as the primary color. If they are going to be called the Browns and brown will be their primary color, then the logo needs to reflect that. Therefore, their helmet should be brown.

Just because they're called the Browns doesn't mean brown is the primary color.

Well, the jerseys are brown and their name is the Browns, so if brown isn't the primary color it should be.

Completely agree....IMO, they should make a radical change and completely ditch the orange....

Pre-Super Bowl the Browns had tradition....now? not so much....

Brown and Orange are ugly colors and the look screams mediocrity....They need an update, something with a dark brown helmet, white jerseys and white pants, with black outline around the brown....something like the Michael Vick VT uniforms, with brown instead of burgandy

large_2000-Michael-Vick---Virginia-Tech.

I don't like the Browns orange helmet. For a team that uses their helmet as the primary logo, the helmet needs to feature brown as the primary color. If they are going to be called the Browns and brown will be their primary color, then the logo needs to reflect that. Therefore, their helmet should be brown.

Well, the jerseys are brown and their name is the Browns, so if brown isn't the primary color it should be.

Completely agree....IMO, they should make a radical change and completely ditch the orange....

Brown and Orange are ugly colors and the look screams mediocrity....They need an update, something with a dark brown helmet, white jerseys and white pants, with black outline around the brown....something like the Michael Vick VT uniforms, with brown instead of burgandy

Worst Idea of the Day

You've lost your mind! Those colors go well together and Cleveland has definitely proved that with the orange helmet, brown jersey and white or orange pants in the past.

spacer.png

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the elf used as a secondary logo. Put it on the cuffs of the jersey. It'd be something similar to what the Oakland Athletics have done with their Elephant logo. I wouldn't mind seeing a futuristic font like the Dolphins one. Maybe update the sleeve template. I'd leave the helmets logoless.

I wouldn't advocate putting the dog on the helmet (I love the plain helmet as its unique), but feel a dog as a secondary logo is perfect. Seems those against it have something against the fans of the original Pound. For better or worse though, the Pound is the most famous thing to come out of Browns football since Jim Brown and thus that is what many in the rest of the USA associate with Browns football.

I'd say put it to a vote and see what a majority of Browns fans want.

I don't associate individual fan groups with the Browns.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I would prefer my profile pic as the main logo (Thanks Ren!), with no change to the helmets except maybe to widen the stripes á la the Buckeyes' new lids.

That would be a good move....Ohio State took a traditional look and updated and it looks awesome...Cleveland needs to do something....

Ohio-State-All-White-2up_25283.jpg

I wouldn't advocate putting the dog on the helmet (I love the plain helmet as its unique), but feel a dog as a secondary logo is perfect.

I don't think people want to put a dog on the helmet.

I think it's the "B in Football" logo that people want to see on the helmet, while the bulldog would be used as a primary logo.

That B logo would look great on a helemt. Much better than the elf or dog IMO.

I would prefer my profile pic as the main logo (Thanks Ren!), with no change to the helmets except maybe to widen the stripes á la the Buckeyes' new lids.

That would be a good move....Ohio State took a traditional look and updated and it looks awesome...Cleveland needs to do something....

Those white pants for OSU are horrible as they should always wear grey/silver.

I wouldn't advocate putting the dog on the helmet (I love the plain helmet as its unique), but feel a dog as a secondary logo is perfect.

I don't think people want to put a dog on the helmet.

I think it's the "B in Football" logo that people want to see on the helmet, while the bulldog would be used as a primary logo.

That B logo would look great on a helemt. Much better than the elf or dog IMO.

In case you do not know, the "< B >" logo is mainly used on women's clothing and it may not look right on the helmet. I am not downing women, but I used to think the same way you do, until someone on this board corrected me.

spacer.png

why should they always wear grey/silver? lol

I liked Ohio State's uniforms before, but when they came out with these, I just can't look at the old ones the same....they look old and boring now

why should they always wear grey/silver? lol

I liked Ohio State's uniforms before, but when they came out with these, I just can't look at the old ones the same....they look old and boring now

I am a firm believer in wearing the same colored pants as the helmet on the road uniform. Besides, it is not OHIO ST without the grey/silver pants as they are unique to them. Just like Alabama wearing the Crimson helmet with numerals. Sometimes tradition does not need to change and these are perfect examples of two teams that should never change.

spacer.png

if they made that stupid elf their official logo i would refuse to ever refer to them as an NFL franchise again. they embarrass themselves enough as is, they dont need that thing to add to it

The elf has a ton of support in Cleveland.

A ton of support in Cleveland is three guys, on average.

Please stop with the =B= logo. It is terrible. It's a bolt on clip art logo.

Also, stop with the white face masks. Gray looks Infinetely better than the white.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

When worn correctly, the Browns uniforms are every bit as iconic as the Bears, Packers, Raiders, etc. By "when worn correctly", I mean like this:

suqeda5e.jpgjeff-garcia.jpg

These unis are the best white facemasks a must

I like those looks too, but I don't think those combos are iconic. The white jersey orange pants combo was only used for a few seasons in the Couch/Holcomb and apparently Garcia era, and there's nothing iconic to be gleaned from that. The brown jersey orange pants was basically just the Kardiac Kids era, right? And of course the Richardson pic up there is photoshopped. The Sipe era is before my time but those orange pants look drab and awful to me - I love the brighter shade in the pics above though.

To me iconic is the white on white and brown on white. Throwing in the '00s orange pants for mixing and matching is a great move for variety. I could even tolerate further Oregon style mixing and matching with brown pants (with stripes this time) and orange jerseys (brighter / darker than previously used, more like the pants in the pic above.)

Archived