New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I wouldnt call the orange pants iconic, but they are beloved with in the City. When they first debuted in recent history, the fan base loved them. It added some life, some zest, some flair to otherwise boring uniforms. Plus, I think any time a team matches the helmet shell to the pants is a phenomenal look. I think its classic.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WFNY has the following rumor:

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/04/are-the-browns-jerseys-going-grey-while-were-waiting/

"The design that looks like it’s going to be chosen can best be described as a happy medium between Minnesota and Seattle.

Let’s start with the helmet. A flat matte finish in a color I can only describe as “candy orange” with a matching color facemask and sublimated striping enhances the look of the helmet without sacrificing it’s iconic image.

The Jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. A custom block font is meant to invoke a blue collar feel. The stripes are subliminated and higher up on the sleeve, kind of like large spaghetti straps.

There are three different pairs of pants, Orange, gray and Brown. There is no Brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. The pants have the same sublimated striping as the helmet and jerseys."

Reddit is listed as the source, so I would not read too much into it. Plus I dont get where they say The jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. There is no brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. Unless he meant to say that there are no brown pants.

EDIT: Going to call total BS. Sounds a little too close to the new Tennessee uniforms. Know there's the Haslam connection there, but doubt the Browns would try to look like them:

tennesseeuniforms.jpg

tennessee_2D00_has_2D00_introduced_2D00_

WFNY has the following rumor:

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/04/are-the-browns-jerseys-going-grey-while-were-waiting/

"The design that looks like it’s going to be chosen can best be described as a happy medium between Minnesota and Seattle.

Let’s start with the helmet. A flat matte finish in a color I can only describe as “candy orange” with a matching color facemask and sublimated striping enhances the look of the helmet without sacrificing it’s iconic image.

The Jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. A custom block font is meant to invoke a blue collar feel. The stripes are subliminated and higher up on the sleeve, kind of like large spaghetti straps.

There are three different pairs of pants, Orange, gray and Brown. There is no Brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. The pants have the same sublimated striping as the helmet and jerseys."

Reddit is listed as the source, so I would not read too much into it. Plus I dont get where they say The jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. There is no brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. Unless he meant to say that there are no brown pants.

EDIT: Going to call total BS. Sounds a little too close to the new Tennessee uniforms. Know there's the Haslam connection there, but doubt the Browns would try to look like them:

Yeah, Reddit. I wouldn't put too much stock in this either. For one thing, it seems too early for everything to be this completely finalized. And no brown jersey? Very doubtful.

The only thing from this I'd think is a strong possibility is the helmet (although how you "sublimate" helmet stripes is beyond me... sounds like someone just learned a new word). I think they really have no choice but to do a Vikings-like update on the helmet. In Minnesota, the fans would have gone berserk if the helmet changed color, or the horn was removed. So the only option (other than do nothing) was to fiddle with the finish and the facemask. I think Cleveland is in the same boat. They can't change the helmet color, and they can't add a logo. The fans just will not except it. If you think I'm wrong, then you've never met a Browns' fan. And the idea that they would just not do anything with the helmet is hard to picture... I'm sure the designers would think that was no fun at all. So, how do you both update it and still be able to claim you left it alone? Mess with the finish, facemask, and possibly the stripe sizes. I would expect a matte finish... matte has the advantage of looking modern and still feeling somehow blue-color or tough. The facemask I'm unsure of... hard to picture it staying gray (which is too bad), but also hard to see the ugly white coming back. Maybe brown.

And a jersey with "spaghetti straps"??? *shudder*

I want everyone to take note and see that it was not me who brought in this reddit rumor.

First one who accuses me I'm crawling out their computer The Ring style lol.

But seriously...

Hey I said in the linked post that it's Reddit, but it causing rounds among Cleveland fans today. Sure it won't be the first stupid rumor we will hear.

The rumor doesn't make much sense. Maybe by "sublimated" he means there will be some sort of pattern over the usual white and brown? Also it has been mentioned that the uniforms "link back" to past history of the franchise. Use of gray instead of brown contradicts that.

The rumor doesn't make much sense. Maybe by "sublimated" he means there will be some sort of pattern over the usual white and brown? Also it has been mentioned that the uniforms "link back" to past history of the franchise. Use of gray instead of brown contradicts that.

Then expect a two tone helmet ala the Jags where orange fades into brown because the past is becoming the Browns' future or something stupid like that.

I hope the Browns keep Brown as their jersey, and don't do silver while going to a white or brown mask. It's just odd for a team called the browns to not have brown. I know it's the original owners name, but if the shoe fits. Kinda crazy to me that the Packers used to be blue, however they were the Acme Packers before they were the GREEN Bay Packers.

Maybe they'll go with translucent side panels like the Bobcats were going to use to symbolize... something dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are the Browns even allowed to have a brown uniform anymore? My understanding is that when the league outlawed Brown as a primary color, the Browns were grandfathered in for the sake of tradition. If the Browns are throwing tradition to the wind, would they still be exempt from the by law?

They never outlawed brown.

Are the Browns even allowed to have a brown uniform anymore? My understanding is that when the league outlawed Brown as a primary color, the Browns were grandfathered in for the sake of tradition. If the Browns are throwing tradition to the wind, would they still be exempt from the by law?

why would teams not be allowed to have brown uniforms? I'm fairly sure if teams want to have a brown uniform they can.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived