New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I'm surprised that everybody is so set on Cleveland making the Dog logo, the elf logo, or the =B= logo their logo after they become Nikefied. Do you honestly think that Nike will use an old logo that would eventually become the face of a franchise that has stood faceless for so long? It'll be a Nike creation, unlike anything they have now.

hell, Nike May make a "modern" version of the dog, or the elf, or the =B=, but it'll defenitely be a different logo.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember which poster created the running elf logo carrying a football, but I think it's fantastic and if I were in charge of the Browns that would be the primary logo.

Can some dig that up?

This guy?

brownie.png

Andrew Harrington (not sure what his username here is) did this a few years ago.

While it's a very good logo and not bad by any means, I just cannot see that being the face of an NFL team.

I can't remember which poster created the running elf logo carrying a football, but I think it's fantastic and if I were in charge of the Browns that would be the primary logo.

Can some dig that up?

This guy?

brownie.png

Andrew Harrington (not sure what his username here is) did this a few years ago.

YES. That should be the Browns primary logo and it should appear nowhere on the uniforms which should remain unchanged save the gray facemask and throwing the brown pants into Lake Erie.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hoyer's shirt is just some blank DRI-FIT that the S&C staff took to Daffy Dans (or some other embroidery store in CLE) to combine with the weighted dog logo. It's the same process 90% of Nike-wearing high schools go through to get their base-layers branded. Hell, big-time colleges do it, you can see the Penn State meatheads traipsing around in the Iron Lion shirts and shorts on the sidelines in November.

Hoyer's shirt is just some blank DRI-FIT that the S&C staff took to Daffy Dans (or some other embroidery store in CLE) to combine with the weighted dog logo. It's the same process 90% of Nike-wearing high schools go through to get their base-layers branded. Hell, big-time colleges do it, you can see the Penn State meatheads traipsing around in the Iron Lion shirts and shorts on the sidelines in November.

Thank you. I agree that we're going to get something completely different. Something having to do with Paul Brown, maybe his hat or something.

I honestly hope they just focus on the uniforms and keep the helmet logo.

"But a helmet isn't a logo"

That's the point. The logoless helmet represents the Browns identity better than a dog, elf, or B or C could.

A helmet logo (especially a 1980's riddell) looks like garbage in comparison to all of the other 31 primaries. A helmet logo is a horrible primary logo for merchandise, especially hats.

I honestly hope they just focus on the uniforms and keep the helmet logo.

"But a helmet isn't a logo"

That's the point. The logoless helmet represents the Browns identity better than a dog, elf, or B or C could.

I feel just the opposite. The uniforms are fine - nearly perfect. Just go back to the white facemasks, lose the brown pants, and change to striped brown socks. I prefer the 1999 uniforms in every way, but there's nothing glaringly wrong with the current set. Besides, everything Nike has done has shown that they're going to mess up the Browns' uniforms. I want Nike far away from them.

The issue is that they don't have a logo. They could easily come up with a nice logo (hint: not <=B=>) and just leave it off the helmet. But the helmet itself is weak as a logo. I felt the same way about the Rams circa 1999, and their helmet with the horns was a much stronger identifier than Cleveland's helmet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm surprised that everybody is so set on Cleveland making the Dog logo, the elf logo, or the =B= logo their logo after they become Nikefied. Do you honestly think that Nike will use an old logo that would eventually become the face of a franchise that has stood faceless for so long? It'll be a Nike creation, unlike anything they have now.

hell, Nike May make a "modern" version of the dog, or the elf, or the =B=, but it'll defenitely be a different logo.

If I'm wrong about this someone please correct me, but I was under the impression that, as a general rule, Nike doesn't do NFL logos... just uniforms. I'm pretty sure the new dolphin is not a Nike creation... they just built the uniform around it. I know I read on here somewhere that Nike had no input into the new Panthers' logo and that came after the Nike take-over. They didn't do the Vikings' Norseman tweak. Nike has a great reputation (deserved or not) for uniform design but graphic design is another animal entirely. My guess is they might have some input into a new Browns' logo, but I doubt anyone is expecting them to whip up a new uniform and toss in a brilliant logo, too.

If I'm wrong about this someone please correct me, but I was under the impression that, as a general rule, Nike doesn't do NFL logos... just uniforms. I'm pretty sure the new dolphin is not a Nike creation... they just built the uniform around it. I know I read on here somewhere that Nike had no input into the new Panthers' logo and that came after the Nike take-over. They didn't do the Vikings' Norseman tweak. Nike has a great reputation (deserved or not) for uniform design but graphic design is another animal entirely. My guess is they might have some input into a new Browns' logo, but I doubt anyone is expecting them to whip up a new uniform and toss in a brilliant logo, too.

Whoops, I may be wrong. Either way, whoever is designing the logo, it may or may not be a modernization of one of the (less than historical) logos we seem to all be so set on.

Can some dig that up?

This guy?

brownie.png

YES. That should be the Browns primary logo and it should appear nowhere on the uniforms which should remain unchanged save the gray facemask and throwing the brown pants into Lake Erie.

I honestly still don't understand why so many people love this Elf logo. It just doesn't do anything for me whatsoever and I fail to see why it would be any better than the bulldog logo as a "primary logo". I find it to be WEAK at best. There has got to be a better logo solution for this team than this Rice Krispies wannabe elf.

Yea the brownie has charm and sentimental value for some but little actual marketing power for a pro football team. Let's face it, in a league with traditionalist fans hellbent on machismo you can't expect to maximize and expand on your market in the long run if your primary identifier is going to be a little mythological elf. It could even alienate fans who are looking for reasons to take this team seriously.

Midway.png

While I've always liked Harry's updated elf logo, and believe it would work great as a supporting logo...of all the Browns logo concepts I've seen over the years, this by far is still the best, most solid concept I've seen, with the most potential for longstanding recognition:

Richards_Browns-Merch2.jpg

(Check rtrich's progression on that project here.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

While I've always liked Harry's updated elf logo, and believe it would work great as a supporting logo...of all the Browns logo concepts I've seen over the years, this by far is still the best, most solid concept I've seen, with the most potential for longstanding recognition:

Yeah this would be great but we know this will not happen because Nike is going to invert the stripes or something just so we know they changed the Browns uniform.

I will say this & I hope I am wrong & Nike knocks it out of the park.

Wow - that's perfect.

The helmet still kinda is the logo, but it's not a helmet.

I love the subtle gray outline too. Assuming they're not going to put a logo on their helmet (and I agree they shouldn't), this is perfect.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love it. Well done. That is Cleveland Browns to me.

Love it. Well done. That is Cleveland Browns to me.

Thanks. BringBackTheVet's statement "The helmet still kinda is the logo, but it's not a helmet." was exactly what I was going for.

I like that logo too. Really simple with the block C, but you immediately know what team it's for. I'm still a big fan of the elf logo though. I wouldn't put it anywhere close to the uniforms (visor clips don't count) but I'd love to see it used as their TV graphic, on sideline gear, etc.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived