New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

As a Browns fan I would take the dog over elfie any day. I don't like the thought if a elf on leotards representing my team.

Fans never had a problem with it before.

It's okay, but I have always loved the bulldog logo and would love to see it used more.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brownie was/is a team logo. The bulldog is a stadium section logo.

One was specifically made to represent the team, the other was made to represent fans of the team. If we can believe Wiki, "Dawgs" was a nickname given to the defensive line, and the fans behind the end zone co-opted for themselves. So, just like the Hogettes, it's a nickname for the fanbase, not the whole team.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Brownie was/is a team logo. The bulldog is a stadium section logo.

One was specifically made to represent the team, the other was made to represent fans of the team. If we can believe Wiki, "Dawgs" was a nickname given to the defensive line, and the fans behind the end zone co-opted for themselves. So, just like the Hogettes, it's a nickname for the fanbase, not the whole team.

The interesting thing would be if they went ahead and adopted the original football team from down south in Canton's sort of history and made the logo a bulldog to show that. You know, to try and unite all of North East Ohio. Or something along those lines.

I don't see them going without a brown jersey. Their name is the 'Browns' after all, not the Oranges.

The Columbus Blue Jackets should never wear a full-time jersey that isn't blue, just like the Red Sox should always have well....red sox.

And the White Sox should always have... oh, wait...

Except the fact they're not named after a color like these other teams, but rather Paul Brown. Kinda wish he had a different last name.
Actually the team is named in honor of the former football team that played in Cleveland, which was named the Browns for Paul brown.

You know what I meant.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry. It says it's only to be worn in the playoffs, so it will never see the light of day. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I did see this.

Interesting concept.

http://theartofuno.tumblr.com/

Hideous.

Yeah. I think that's a good start point but needs a lot of cleaning and a better team logo

That series taught me that you can do almost anything to the unis, and I'll try to follow your train of thought. Helmet needs to be the same, though.

Edit: Though, it would be pretty cool if there were certain uniforms that were only worn in the playoffs. Do any teams actually do this?

I did see this.

Interesting concept.

That MIGHT be the worst concept of all time. Someone queue the Michael Scott .gif.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting more and more nervous every day that goes by WITHOUT some sort of legitimate leak?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting more and more nervous every day that goes by WITHOUT some sort of legitimate leak?

No news is good news. Nike is far more likely to screw up the Browns than improve them.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

I did see this.

Interesting concept.

That MIGHT be the worst concept of all time. Someone queue the Michael Scott .gif.

I think the biggest reason there hasn't been an official leak is because there's still more than a year until the uniforms come out. I've never heard of anything being leaked this early.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

No news is good news. Nike is far more likely to screw up the Browns than improve them.

Not trying to be rude but the release date is next year. So we won't see anything for at least another 9 months. Give or take a little bit.

However, something I did find interesting is these:

These first two are the CR@P jerseys you find at WalMart: (why not brown, why gray?)

20140609_174107_zps3e3c0170.jpg

20140609_174117_zpsc72ea00c.jpg

Those two taken on my own. But then this showed up on the Browns twitter feed a few weeks ago from a Play 60 thing:

JPEG_20140619_150043_-1093257073_zps2714

Again why not brown? Why gray? Does this give validity to the earlier reports? The past WalMart jerseys have been brown.

Not trying to be rude but the release date is next year. So we won't see anything for at least another 9 months. Give or take a little bit.

Those two taken on my own. But then this showed up on the Browns twitter feed a few weeks ago from a Play 60 thing:

Again why not brown? Why gray? Does this give validity to the earlier reports? The past WalMart jerseys have been brown.

Based on some very quick googling, it seems like other teams' Play 60 uniforms were also gray.

Based on some very quick googling, it seems like other teams' Play 60 uniforms were also gray.

Maybe all 32 teams will be switching to gray jerseys. B)

Didn't see the other teams for the play 60. My bad there. However as I said about the Walmart ones they have been brown in the past, even up to last year's Richardson and Weedon jerseys. Then these gray Manziel ones. I can't really find any online on Walmarts website but then again I haven't looked that hard.

Archived