New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Man, these unis are going to look crazy nice!

if by crazy nice you mean keeping one squinting eye on the past while looking at the future with a bold new look, heavy emphasis on futuristic.

So which one of you actually has the inside track?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, these unis are going to look crazy nice!

if by crazy nice you mean keeping one squinting eye on the past while looking at the future with a bold new look, heavy emphasis on futuristic.

So which one of you actually has the inside track?

I do. They are going to be consistent with the rich browns tradition but with a modern and cutting edge twist. Essentially recolored tosu rivalry uniforms with a brushed metal finish. The orange will be tweaked slightly to vol orange as an homage to haslam's deep ties to knoxville and not coincidentally nike's upcoming contract with the university. This will be a true example of nike leveraging it's modern design synergies while capturing the rich spirit of classic and nostalgic football.

University of Tennessee Orange (circa 1997-present) = Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1977-1996; 2014-present):

PMS_151_C_SRGB.png

I would find it hard to believe that the Browns would go Creamsicle.

University of Tennessee Orange (circa 1997-present) = Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1977-1996; 2014-present):

PMS_151_C_SRGB.png

Maybe not full creamsicle but the orange will be tweaked to more closely mimic the vols' orange. This will be the haslam signature stamp on the browns' new identity. You heard that here first.

PMS_151_C_SRGB.png

Maybe not full creamsicle but the orange will be tweaked to more closely mimic the vols' orange. This will be the haslam signature stamp on the browns' new identity. You heard that here first.

As in its not happening

PMS_151_C_SRGB.png

As in its not happening

I just hope they don't change the Brown. A darker shade of brown would look terrible.

I heard that the helmet is staying the same. My prediction with the uniform is, that it'll only be minor changes. Nothing changed wholesale.

If it were minor it would have been unveiled this year. The two year process is reserved for teams completely revamping their look, like Seattle, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay. Minnesota and Miami went with the one year process.

And change the stripes

And the wordmark

And the font

And the helmet

It wasn't minor, neither was the Vikings. It's just some teams decided to take 2 years to change, others took 1, the Seahawks were another team that took 1 year to change as well. The length it took for a design to come out does not determine how major or minor the change will be, just that they descided to wait is all, or decided to change after the deadline for letting the league know so they have to wait another year

And change the stripes

And the wordmark

And the font

And the helmet

It wasn't minor, neither was the Vikings. It's just some teams decided to take 2 years to change, others took 1, the Seahawks were another team that took 1 year to change as well. The length it took for a design to come out does not determine how major or minor the change will be, just that they descided to wait is all, or decided to change after the deadline for letting the league know so they have to wait another year

1. The Hawks took two years. They started working with Nike as soon as it was announced that Nike would be the official outfitter of the NFL.

2. Yes, the changes to Miami's look was drastic for uni nerds like us, but regular football fans hardly noticed a difference. Regular fans noticed Seattle and Jacksonville, and they will definitely notice Tampa Bay too.

I doubt the average/casual NFL fan even noticed that the Vikings made uniform changes.

Most that I know thought they went back to their old look.

It is amazing how many people (Vikings fans) think that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just because those two went with more traditional looks doesn't mean that they couldn't have come up with a crazy uniform in a year, or that one of the crazier uniforms couldn't have gone with a traditional look in 2 years, correlation does not mean causation. It is just a coincidence, the browns would be fools to go with a crazy uniform after being the most traditional looking team in the NFL during their entire history.

Archived