New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Sorry for the self promotion but I think something along the lines of this would be a good update for the Browns without being too flashy.

13046108503_00194fb407_o.png

13046312714_8a83a90025_o.png

Very nice. White face mask definitely. Other than that my guess is Nike won't go for that traditional of a numeral but it does look sharp.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here was my concept I posted a while ago in the Concept section...

EV8QlFe.png

BXwfHNp.png

Iua4sJ4.png

Y7QysMh.png

So you took the florida gators and swapped blue for brown?

Having the striping match the helmets would be a simple fix that would greatly improve the Browns

cool_zps9956fa13.jpgAm I the only one that thinks the Browns will update the current "logo" helmet to a Revo Speed?

I doubt they do, and they shouldn't. The current style of the logo is in the classic football helmet style, which the NFL has used for its logos for a while. Even though not as many players use that style today, it's essentially what football helmets are supposed to look like before manufacturers put their own marks on them. Not only is the Revo Speed awkward looking, its shape it likely trademarked by Riddell and can't be used without paying them. Also, there's no reason to change the official mark to that style when there's a good chance it won't even be around in five years. If they changed their logo to the original Revolution a decade ago, they'd look pretty silly right now since 1) it's also an ugly helmet, and 2) very few players wear them anymore. Even if not many players wear the classic style, that's okay because that's what the helmets should really look like anyway.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

cool_zps9956fa13.jpgAm I the only one that thinks the Browns will update the current "logo" helmet to a Revo Speed?

I doubt they do, and they shouldn't. The current style of the logo is in the classic football helmet style, which the NFL has used for its logos for a while. Even though not as many players use that style today, it's essentially what football helmets are supposed to look like before manufacturers put their own marks on them. Not only is the Revo Speed awkward looking, its shape it likely trademarked by Riddell and can't be used without paying them. Also, there's no reason to change the official mark to that style when there's a good chance it won't even be around in five years. If they changed their logo to the original Revolution a decade ago, they'd look pretty silly right now since 1) it's also an ugly helmet, and 2) very few players wear them anymore. Even if not many players wear the classic style, that's okay because that's what the helmets should really look like anyway.

140107_SN_TomBradyPatriots.jpg.CROP.prom

brady still wears the helmet that everyone should use

talking with someone whos "in the know" on these things, they guaranteed some "wild Nike jerseys next year". just sayin'

This needs to happen at Nike's HQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHxOdqepl8

* NOTE: Ice_Cap is not actually advocating that someone shoots up Nike headquarters.

I love how everybody expects the worse uniforms ever.

I would wager based on reaction on this site alone that Nike is 1/6 in their re-designs so far. Bucs, Jags, and Dolphins were all considered failures. Seahawks and Panthers are a wash. Vikings were an overwhelming success.

Cleveland's got arguably the most traditional and plain uniform in pro sports and it's not in need of a total overhaul. Hearing that Nike is going to go balls-out on this old franchise is a foreboding prospect.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I would wager based on reaction on this site alone that Nike is 1/6 in their re-designs so far. Bucs, Jags, and Dolphins were all considered failures. Seahawks and Panthers are a wash. Vikings were an overwhelming success.

Cleveland's got arguably the most traditional and plain uniform in pro sports and it's not in need of a total overhaul. Hearing that Nike is going to go balls-out on this old franchise is a foreboding prospect.

Panthers? They only changed their logo, and didn't even update their template nike did nothing to them

Pretty much, yeah. Nike's given us no reason to expect anything but a disaster. The Vikings are a traditional team, and they got a pretty subdued and classy update, but then again you hear that the Browns are going "cutting edge" and getting "wild Nike jerseys" and it makes me think that this will be closer to the Bucs then it will be the Vikings. And that means I don't expect much in the way of good taste.

Panthers? They only changed their logo, and didn't even update their template nike did nothing to them

Right, thus the wash aspect. It seemed kind of weird that they updated the logo needlessly and left the uniforms alone.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Seahawks, Dolphins and Vikings were a total success. Bucs and Jags were mostly good with one poor element. Other than the Bucs, all 4 were comfortable upgrades overall compared with the existing really dated looking uniforms.

People on here are far, far too hasty to condemn something that isn't 100% traditional when it comes to a uniform. Since the new Seahawks Unis when Nike took over, this board goes into every rebrand with torches and pitchforks drawn and ready to storm the gates. They are champing at the bit to condemn everything that doesn't look like a Packers recolour.

The Seahawks jerseys look great. They are far from the monstrosity that this board would have you believe they are. They are a nice, modern design that replaced a really boring, dated existing design.

As a Dolphins supporter, the Dolphins were a massive upgrade. You could never wear a dolphins jersey around because they were sparkly and garish and an awful shade of aqua. The new uniforms look better onfield and look 1000 times better as replicas. The vikings were a total success.

There were issues with the Vikings and Bucs numbers, and the Jags helmet, but the Vikings were a massive upgrade overall and the Jags were replacing a pretty uninspired uniform, and barring the helmet, there isn't a lot wrong with them.

I'd argue 4.5/6. I'd give you that the Bucs old uniforms were better, and i'll give you half a point for the Jags helmet, but other than that it's upgrades across the board.

Sorry for the self promotion but I think something along the lines of this would be a good update for the Browns without being too flashy.

Very nice. White face mask definitely. Other than that my guess is Nike won't go for that traditional of a numeral but it does look sharp.

That is an A+ job in my opinion. very nice, if they went with those it would be a massive upgrade.

Another team folding into Nike's horrible redesign. The league is losing track of what it once was. If I were a Cleveland Fan I would be utterly pissed.

All 7 of them agree with you

We all know the Browns have at least 20 fans.

Another team folding into Nike's horrible redesign. The league is losing track of what it once was. If I were a Cleveland Fan I would be utterly pissed.

All 7 of them agree with you

We all know the Browns have at least 20 fans.

2013 NFL Attendance;

Cleveland Browns - 569,939 total, 71,242 average (11th place overall)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (for instance) - 470,548 total, 58,818 average (29th place overall)

Considering the product that Browns fans have had to deal with you could argue that they are ridiculously loyal. (And I am not a Browns fan.)

Archived