Nordiques or Expos?

Tigers6884

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% full arena every night in an 15,000 capacity arena in city of 1 million where most of the population cares about the sport and team >>>>>> 50% full arena in a 19,000 capacity arena in a city of 4 million where only a fraction cares about the sport and team.

The new Colisee is going to be over 18,000 seats, actually, but Quebec City's metro is well below a million (though it's not as if they won't draw from outside the province when possible).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

100% full arena every night in an 15,000 capacity arena in city of 1 million where most of the population cares about the sport and team >>>>>> 50% full arena in a 19,000 capacity arena in a city of 4 million where only a fraction cares about the sport and team.

The new Colisee is going to be over 18,000 seats, actually, but Quebec City's metro is well below a million (though it's not as if they won't draw from outside the province when possible).

I was referring to Winnipeg at only 15,000, but I don't think Quebec City would have a problem filling 18,500 seats at all. Their metro sizes are pretty much identical actually.

sig.png

I think Montreal should be a AAA team before it gets a chance at the MLB, build a nice small ballpark that has the abillity to be expanded to 35,000 if the MLB returns. The Mets or Blue Jays would be the logical teams to have their affiliate there.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

...but Winnipeg is the blight on the NHL according to you?

Like Winnipeg isn't a blight on North America in general?

:upside:

I've been to Winnipeg once, a few years before the Thrashers moved north. Maybe my expectations were just really low but I didn't find it to be absolutely terrible! [/ArrogantOntarian]

Plus, Chris Jericho is "from Winnipeg you idiot!"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Come to Winnipeg, it isn't absolutely terrible" Winnipeg Tourism Board

I would actually love to go to Winnipeg as it's my goal to see an NHL game in every Canadian city. I was hoping to go when the Blue Jackets were in town to play the Jets on December 16, but wasn't in the cards this year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I would actually love to go to Winnipeg as it's my goal to see an NHL game in every Canadian city. I was hoping to go when the Blue Jackets were in town to play the Jets on December 16, but wasn't in the cards this year.

The majority of Canadian cities do not have NHL teams. That might make your goal unattainable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Where do you think they would have the new Expos ballpark? Near the future Nordiques arena?

:Oo:

The Nordiques would play in Quebec City. The Expos would play in Montreal. There was a proposal to build it right downtown a block south/east of the Bell Centre. There is still a big chunk of vacant land there.

Oh, yeah. Sorry. :0

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I think Montreal should be a AAA team before it gets a chance at the MLB, build a nice small ballpark that has the abillity to be expanded to 35,000 if the MLB returns. The Mets or Blue Jays would be the logical teams to have their affiliate there.

The Jays have an affiliate 90 minutes away in Buffalo, but the Mets' AAA affiliate is apparently in Vegas. That's a long trip.

Where do you think they would have the new Expos ballpark? Near the future Nordiques arena?

:Oo:

The Nordiques would play in Quebec City. The Expos would play in Montreal. There was a proposal to build it right downtown a block south/east of the Bell Centre. There is still a big chunk of vacant land there.

Oh, yeah. Sorry. :0

You better be....lol

sig.png

I believe Winnipeg has a world-class ballet. I love how miserable northern cities develop vibrant arts cultures. What would we be without Minneapolis?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The 2 exhibition games between the Mets and Blue Jays at Stade Olympique are close to selling out. There's still a lot of love for the Expos.

Can't wait to watch it on tv. Friday night and Saturday afternoon, my most available days for watching baseball.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived