Least used color combo in pro sports

Rays

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did a quick count of the 4 major Pro American leagues and condensing their colors down to the 2 or 3 primary swatches, there are 22 teams that use a unique palette. they are:

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks

Colorado Avalanche

Calgary Flames (yep, red and yellow)

Minnesota Wild

Miami Heat

OKC Thunder

Dallas Mavericks (bright blue, navy, silver)

Milwaukee Bucks

Charlotte Hornets (did not count Bobcats)

New Orleans Pelicans

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys (only team with navy and silver)

Tampa Bay Buccs

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

The Marlins wear black and orange... the Giants, Orioles, Bengals and Heat already have that scheme.

This whole topic again gets me riled up over the Padres management's perplexing stance on refusing to embrace the very unique brown. Their merchandise would instantly be catapulted into the top 10 in the MLB with a switch back to brown. Why they don't want to be popular and sell a lot of merchandise is truly an enigma.

Templeton.jpg

Because it's godawful ugly?

No it's not.
Yes it is. Especially those particular uniforms that he posted. You're trying to convince people that they should go back to brown and you use that as an example? They looked like freakin' Taco Bell employees!
Yes, yes, you just made my day sir.

NEWSGG copy.png

This whole topic again gets me riled up over the Padres management's perplexing stance on refusing to embrace the very unique brown. Their merchandise would instantly be catapulted into the top 10 in the MLB with a switch back to brown. Why they don't want to be popular and sell a lot of merchandise is truly an enigma.

Templeton.jpg

Because it's godawful ugly?

No it's not.
Yes it is. Especially those particular uniforms that he posted. You're trying to convince people that they should go back to brown and you use that as an example? They looked like freakin' Taco Bell employees!
Yes, yes, you just made my day sir.

No, they looked like the Padres instead of the Generic MLB team they are now. Brown and yellow, unique, and still the best combo the team ever had.

• 3 weeks later...

In baseball, blue & gold. Come on Mariners, let's go Back to the Future!

And go back to the pullovers! :rolleyes:
That would be great. A much cleaner, athletic and dynamic look. Tired of seeing Felix pitch in his size 64 shirt with half of the nonsensical buttons unbuttoned. Mariners blue and gold!

Purple and orange. Of the four major sports in the US the Suns are the only team with it. And actually I'm trying to think of any others outside of those leagues...

Does Clemson count?

Phoenix Suns

Clemson Tigers

WAS:

Adirondack Phantoms (switching purple to electric blue when they move to Leigh Valley next season)

Hamilton Nationals (became Florida Launch (Blue-Yellow) for 2014 season)

And the NBA D-League Iowa Energy.

jeffers_O.jpg

In baseball, blue & gold. Come on Mariners, let's go Back to the Future!

And go back to the pullovers! :rolleyes:
That would be great. A much cleaner, athletic and dynamic look. Tired of seeing Felix pitch in his size 64 shirt with half of the nonsensical buttons unbuttoned. Mariners blue and gold!

562x605xSeattle-Mariners-1979-Home-Unifo

Ok now go fap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always thought the Fishermen had a pretty unique color scheme that is underused. The addition of sea green/ teal and silver helped set them apart from looking like the Meta-crisis Edmonton Oilers.

Islanders16.png

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Purple and orange. Of the four major sports in the US the Suns are the only team with it. And actually I'm trying to think of any others outside of those leagues...

Does Clemson count?

Phoenix Suns

Clemson Tigers

WAS:

Adirondack Phantoms (switching purple to electric blue when they move to Leigh Valley next season)

Hamilton Nationals (became Florida Launch (Blue-Yellow) for 2014 season)

And the NBA D-League Iowa Energy.

jeffers_O.jpg

My god those uniforms are bad...

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday the Canberra Raiders of the Australian National Rugby League played their game against the North Queensland Cowboys wearing a canary yellow guernsey, instead of their usual lime green guernsey. The canary guernseys will be auctioned off for charity.

1400736860432.jpg-300x0.jpg

Excluding the green piping, the uniform is basically yellow and white. I can't think of any professional team that uses yellow and white as their primary colours - do any forum members know of any examples? Oregon State used yellow and white in 2012 during their college football season:
Marcus+Mariota+Oregon+v+Oregon+State+H2M

Archived