Least used color combo in pro sports

Rays

;

Purple and orange. Of the four major sports in the US the Suns are the only team with it. And actually I'm trying to think of any others outside of those leagues...

Oh :censored: yes !

it looks great, sunset like beautiful........

FTFY, No need for the last part, it offends members and will lead to the thread being derailed.

Light blue and red are also very underused. Only team I can think of is the Atlanta dream of the WNBA. It does have almost a feminine look to it so maybe that's why it is so uncommon, but I really like that scheme.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

;

Purple and orange. Of the four major sports in the US the Suns are the only team with it. And actually I'm trying to think of any others outside of those leagues...

FTFY, No need for the last part, it offends members and will lead to the thread being derailed.

Light blue and red are also very underused. Only team I can think of is the Atlanta dream of the WNBA. It does have almost a feminine look to it so maybe that's why it is so uncommon, but I really like that scheme.

You belive members are that easily offended ? okay then, i thought sport fans were pretty rugged, but okay, you know this place better then me....... LOL

Speaking of light blue & red, someone posted a 1968 Hawks Horford jersey last week maybe. That was my first knowledge of it, I wouldn't mind if they actually wore em.

Very rare combo, btw I am also a WRC rally fan, anyone seen the new Hyundai I20 WRC , that is infact those 2 colors, i don´t really know if it´s nice or not.

http://www.motoringview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2014-Hyundai-i20-WRC.jpg

;

You belive members are that easily offended ? okay then, i thought sport fans were pretty rugged, but okay, you know this place better then me....... LOL
Not to sound like a jerk but I DO know this place better. I've been a daily visitor for almost 4 years, I've seen that comment turn into a :censored: storm. I was actually trying to help you. There are thousands of members on these boards, some of which are openly gay and many others who are closeted (at least to these boards). If you don't see how some people could be offended than that's okay but I'm sure you can understand this.

P.s. It doesn't offend me at all but there really is no need for the comment.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

;

best+Oilers+draft+gem-+Ken+Houston.jpg

Does Clemson count?

No they don't since we are only talking about pro sports.

As for me I will go with Purple and Gold. The only pro team that uses it is the Lakers. The LA Kings did use it at one point but there is no other team that I can think of. There is probably a soccer team somewhere that uses it that I'm forgetting.

The Minnesota Vikings?

Red and purple isn't used by any Major North-American team anymore (damn you Raptors!)

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Brown & Yellow

Doesn't at least one "professional" team have to have it for it to be considered "least used?"

Brown by itself is probably one of the least used colors in pro sports only being part of the Cleveland Browns scheme. In fact there's no other team in the Big 4 sports in North America that uses it any more barring the occasional Padres throwback/military uni.

slideshow_1370635_broncos.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Brown & Yellow

Doesn't at least one "professional" team have to have it for it to be considered "least used?"

Brown by itself is probably one of the least used colors in pro sports only being part of the Cleveland Browns scheme. In fact there's no other team in the Big 4 sports in North America that uses it any more barring the occasional Padres throwback/military uni.

slideshow_1370635_broncos.jpg

Wasn't counting any throwbacks, much less one that was worn once 5 years ago.

Does Clemson count?

No they don't since we are only talking about pro sports.

As for me I will go with Purple and Gold. The only pro team that uses it is the Lakers. The LA Kings did use it at one point but there is no other team that I can think of. There is probably a soccer team somewhere that uses it that I'm forgetting.

The Minnesota Vikings?

Red and purple isn't used by any Major North-American team anymore (damn you Raptors!)

Nice catch on the Vikings. Don't know how I forgot that one.

As for Red and Purple, Orlando City is going to make their MLS debut next year and currently wear Purple and Red.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

i did a quick count of the 4 major Pro American leagues and condensing their colors down to the 2 or 3 primary swatches, there are 22 teams that use a unique palette. they are:

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks

Colorado Avalanche

Calgary Flames (yep, red and yellow)

Minnesota Wild

Miami Heat

OKC Thunder

Dallas Mavericks (bright blue, navy, silver)

Milwaukee Bucks

Charlotte Hornets (did not count Bobcats)

New Orleans Pelicans

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys (only team with navy and silver)

Tampa Bay Buccs

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i did a quick count of the 4 major Pro American leagues and condensing their colors down to the 2 or 3 primary swatches, there are 22 teams that use a unique palette. they are:

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks Penguins?

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Miami Heat Blazers? Bulls?

OKC Thunder Grizzlys and mavs are both double blue

Dallas Mavericks (bright blue, navy, silver) look above

Milwaukee Bucks

New Orleans Pelicans red and blue is worn by the clippers and 76ers

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys (only team with navy and silver) Pats?

Tampa Bay Buccs Falcons now that the pewter is now just a dark grey

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

a lot of those schemes aren't unique

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks Penguins?

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Milwaukee Bucks

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

Penguins don't use Orange, Blazers and Bulls don't have Yellow, Mavs use Silver, Grizzlies use Yellow, Thunder use Orange, Pelicans use Gold, Cowboys don't have Red, It's still Pewter

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks Penguins?

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Milwaukee Bucks

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

The Penguins wear orange?

The Bulls and Blazers wear yellow?

The Grizzlies have orange? The Mavericks have orange and yellow in their uniforms?

The Sixers and Clippers wear navy, red, and gold?

I could have sworn the Patriots had some red in their unis.

And that the Falcons had a lighter silver and no orange.

Archived