Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Lapierre hit Seabrook's replacement in the numbers. WAH WAH THAT WASN'T CLASSY

Don't you call pretty much every player that isn't on the Hawks a cheap player? It's hilarious to see you complain that other people might do it.

I do no such thing! I have praised a number of players around the league for their finesse or strength. I will admit that none of them have been David Backes, but don't paint me as some homer who can't appreciate anyone anywhere else. I pay too much for Gamecenter to take these lies!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio gonna Ohio.

Cujo gonna Cujo. :rolleyes: Do you even follow hockey, or did you drop by this thread solely to trot out your tired "I hate Ohio" act?

I...I feel for ya Blue Jackets fans :(

Same thing happened in game one and they bounced back. No reason to think they can't do it again. This thing is far from over.

BB52Big.jpg

Not a great game for the Hawks, but they're back in the series. And more importantly this should quell the onslaught of "Sweepy Sweepy Blackhawks/this is what you get/the Blackhawks are the dirtiest team of all the times/stay classy, Hawks fans" comments I've seen/fielded from friends and co-workers in the past few days.

Hawks defense was outstanding. Their stickwork was excellent and they challenge St. Louis at every turn to rarely give them a clean look. Their power play was very tight and Crawford was never once shaken.

The offense is still in disarray. Passes aren't very crisp and there's not enough movement to even consider establishing the cycle. Too much indecision hanging around the blue line, not enough net traffic. Kane's obviously still laboring but Toews appears to be in man-mode, which is excellent.

I don't know how you solve these problems but with the way he's playing defense you can't afford to take out Handzus. Putting Smith with Sharp and Hossa may be the best medicine; Smith's been having a rugged workmanlike series.

----

Tuning into the Stars/Ducks game at just the right time. Random fighting crap breaks out and the PA guy plays Stone Cold's entrance music. Crowd was going nuts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ohio gonna Ohio.

:censored: off, :censored:. No matter how hard you try, you'll always be a Poor Man's Hedley.

Anyways, absolutely devastated right now. Trying to stay optimistic though, keeping the faith. I think this thing's far from over and long-term it's gonna be good for this team.

6fQjS3M.png

Ohio gonna Ohio.

:censored: off, :censored:. No matter how hard you try, you'll always be a Poor Man's Hedley.

Anyways, absolutely devastated right now. Trying to stay optimistic though, keeping the faith. I think this thing's far from over and long-term it's gonna be good for this team.

passing-the-torch.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ohio gonna Ohio.

All these years on the boards, and this is my first real compliment. Thanks, buddy!

ohio sucks.

6uXNWAo.png

Ohio gonna Ohio.

Going into this series, I would have gladly taken where the Jackets are at this point. They've been in every game, they got up off the mats after what could have been a devastating loss, and they came back from a two goal deficit to win a road playoff game. To be honest, this team has already exceeded my expectations for this series. They'll bounce back.

Go Jackets. See ya Wednesday.

BB52Big.jpg

Ouch, Robidas rebroke his leg, just above his previous break.(According to the Ducks twitter)

When he signs his next contract, he's going to include a clause that says he never has to play games at the American Airlines Center again. Poor guy, that just sucks.

When was the time of the injury? I may have been a bit consumed with the Blues/'Hawks game and that nutty Grizz/Thunder game in that other postseason tournament taking place right now.

spacer.png

Ouch, Robidas rebroke his leg, just above his previous break.(According to the Ducks twitter)

When he signs his next contract, he's going to include a clause that says he never has to play games at the American Airlines Center again. Poor guy, that just sucks.

When was the time of the injury? I may have been a bit consumed with the Blues/'Hawks game and that nutty Grizz/Thunder game in that other postseason tournament taking place right now.

I'm pretty sure it was the mid 2nd, maybe later.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Such a disheartening game to watch, especially the goal at the end of the 2nd. Even though you knew it was gonna happen. Still glad I watched my first Blue Jackets playoff game. I fully expect this series to go the full seven.

On a uniform related note, those green Stars jerseys were just too damn good not to see post season action. Too bad the ducks are stuck with the wordmark on the road. The webbed D against those greens would make for a great matchup.

What's happening to Anaheim?

I'll be very curious as to how this game looks after the fourth game is over.

So many times the team down 0-2 coming home for Game 3 puts on a show, looks dominant, and gets themselves back in the series. Sometimes, this means we've got a real series going forward; other times, it's the last strong effort of an overmatched team and the final win they have during the season.

Considering the first two games were both one-goal decisions, I'm inclined to think Dallas will be the preferred choice in Game 4. Dallas played well after the year changed and they have two legit stars fronting that team. Lindy Ruff is a fine head coach. They also gave Anaheim fits all season as it was, so I'm leaning towards this simply being a case of Dallas holding serve rather than Dallas putting together one last thorough effort before Anaheim takes the last two and ends the series in five games.

--

I'm so irrationally glad Dallas is back in the playoffs. It's been so weird the past five years not seeing them in the West playoff field.

spacer.png

Archived