Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Blamed the guy he was working under for the field. Basically said the guy didnt have a clue what he was doing and ruined the field. Too much water, not enough sand, not enough sun.  He went all in.  Went out guns blazing.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-nfl-groundskeeper-says-super-bowl-57-field-was-overwatered-had-a-rotten-smell-began-to-decay/

17 hours ago, noodlesnchips said:

Blamed the guy he was working under for the field. Basically said the guy didnt have a clue what he was doing and ruined the field. Too much water, not enough sand, not enough sun.  He went all in.  Went out guns blazing.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-nfl-groundskeeper-says-super-bowl-57-field-was-overwatered-had-a-rotten-smell-began-to-decay/

That would explain the issues with the weak sod. And painting the entire field the night before, showed a lot of the defects in the sod. 

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

All I ask is that it should bring back the endzones like until SB 48 (having the team logo and the conference logo on the sides, and the wordmark font in the middle), or the ones like until SB 39 (having the helmet on one side [but with the current facemask type], the wordmark in the middle, and the conference logo on the other side).

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

I'd say, very good chance nothing changes this year.

I think the next opportunity for change may take place with changes in the logo, perhaps for Super Bowl LX? Seems like the NFL is set on this new field template though, but at least it's not all black endzones, like the College Championship.

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII Concepts

Since it's that time of year again, it's time for some concepts.

First, base field

UG0RI4B.png

And my prediction for the field layout (not teams necessarily)

R8Qzywq.png

I don't think we will see any changes in the template from the past few years.

One prediction I have is the number font. Since the NFL will do a full replacement of the field, I think they will put the standard number font on the field.

If we're lucky, they'll use the Raiders number font, and outline the numbers in team colors. If they did use the Raiders number font though, my prediction would be that they would not have the numbers outlined, similar to Super Bowl LII.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2024 at 10:19 AM, pitt6pack said:

Since it's that time of year again, it's time for some concepts.

First, base field

UG0RI4B.png

And my prediction for the field layout (not teams necessarily)

R8Qzywq.png

I don't think we will see any changes in the template from the past few years.

One prediction I have is the number font. Since the NFL will do a full replacement of the field, I think they will put the standard number font on the field.

If we're lucky, they'll use the Raiders number font, and outline the numbers in team colors. If they did use the Raiders number font though, my prediction would be that they would not have the numbers outlined, similar to Super Bowl LII.

I'm hoping for the Raiders number font just to give the field a stronger identity. I love how they've revitalized the actual SB logo recently and pairing that with something as subtle as the home field's usual number font on the field would be a welcome touch!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Threw together a classic concept for this year. Bringing back a helmet design with modern touches, giving the team boxes some love, team slogans on the border of their respective end zones, and of course conference logos. 

Not to feed into the conspiracy, but these teams with this logo would easily make for a great field design.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, gregor630 said:

spacer.png

Threw together a classic concept for this year. Bringing back a helmet design with modern touches, giving the team boxes some love, team slogans on the border of their respective end zones, and of course conference logos. 

Not to feed into the conspiracy, but these teams with this logo would easily make for a great field design.

I like the idea of team slogans on the endzone sidelines, nice idea.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2024 at 4:52 AM, pitt6pack said:

I'd say, very good chance nothing changes this year.

I think the next opportunity for change may take place with changes in the logo, perhaps for Super Bowl LX? Seems like the NFL is set on this new field template though, but at least it's not all black endzones, like the College Championship.

I Agree. It would have looked better, if they painted the endzones just like teams actual endzones. With just the CFP logos in the center of the field. 

John

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Down tot he final 4 teams, and the final 4 field possibilities for the Super Bowl (assuming the NFL follows the same field design patterns from the past few seasons).

Fortunately, for any matchup we get this year, we will at least have some good colors. Ravens 49ers would look best in my opinion, and works perfectly with the Super Bowl logo, and I'd probably take Chiefs Lions as the second best look.

21v5wfG.png

IaQboDV.png

E7ozOKj.png

DYLfHat.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The nice thing about the Ravens shorter height wordmark, it takes up horizontal space. The Lions logo takes up a lot of height and width, and makes the logo look smaller. 

iq5b7nF.png

16 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Down tot he final 4 teams, and the final 4 field possibilities for the Super Bowl (assuming the NFL follows the same field design patterns from the past few seasons).

Fortunately, for any matchup we get this year, we will at least have some good colors. Ravens 49ers would look best in my opinion, and works perfectly with the Super Bowl logo, and I'd probably take Chiefs Lions as the second best look.

21v5wfG.png

IaQboDV.png

E7ozOKj.png

DYLfHat.png

49ers would likely use the red version of the saloon font that they've put in their end zones for the playoffs this year

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

49ers would likely use the red version of the saloon font that they've put in their end zones for the playoffs this year

They've never done that in a Super Bowl but you never know. It's all up to NFL Creative and team approval. The 49ers had a helmet last time. 

iq5b7nF.png