NCAA Football Helmet Concepts

next_gen_uniforms

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great feedbacks folks...another reason concepts section is dying.

That, mixed with a large portion of the concept section being newbies who seem young and unwilling to actually listen and want to improve. It's a mix of both and I can tell people are getting annoyed with it. Of course, this was his first concept post, so I'm awaiting to see how he takes the feedback.

The response above is talking about how recently everyone has been doing chrome helmets, it's getting a little overdone. I'd say it's an okay helmet. Nothing too fancy. My one question is what the hawkeye emblem is exactly. Is it just a darker gold chrome? If so then I don't think it works. Make it black.

That, mixed with a large portion of the concept section being newbies who seem young and unwilling to actually listen and want to improve. It's a mix of both and I can tell people are getting annoyed with it. Of course, this was his first concept post, so I'm awaiting to see how he takes the feedback.

The response above is talking about how recently everyone has been doing chrome helmets, it's getting a little overdone. I'd say it's an okay helmet. Nothing too fancy. My one question is what the hawkeye emblem is exactly. Is it just a darker gold chrome? If so then I don't think it works. Make it black.

ok i know that I'm a new "newbie" but I'm here to learn. No one seems to give me any good feedback!!!

ok i know that I'm a new "newbie" but I'm here to learn. No one seems to give me any good feedback!!!

I remember yesterday myself and MojoRoberts gave you, what I think great feedback. To work on the minor details in the helmet and learning other tricks to make it look realistic before cranking out multiples. I said it to another on these boards on his helmet thread and I think it applies to you too. The logos lack depth. It's on the helmet and all but it doesn't 'wrap' around like a logo would. Add some warp to it to make it look a little better perspective. Also, heres one I forgot to mention. Logos that are stuck on to helmets will have a transparent edge to them for the sticker part. If you look at pictures of helmets you will see it of the vinyl. Put a stroke on the logos you're using and give it a tad lighter color than the helmet. Then add a very soft bevel and it should look great.

If you look at the most recent update in my high school rebrand thread I uploaded a helmet template one and I think it shows it nicely there what I'm talking about.

I agree, I tried to make it a darker chrome but it didn't work out. I'll take that into consideration next time.

The biggest thing you need to think when putting a logo on a football helmet is if it's bold and can be seen from afar in the 'stands'. A team takes pride in the logo and wants it to be seen. Always try to make the logo visible and bold.

Archived