NFDL - NFL Developmental League

LeeTraylor

Havana is just bad. The colors are way too bright and would look terrible on the field. The logos are pretty good especially the wordmark, but you definitely need to darken the green, ditch the pink, and darken the blue. The jerseys look to similar to the Rattlers on the shoulders and the design itself is pretty dull. Keep the logo and wordmark, otherwise ditch almost everything else, because its not working.

spacer.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use more detail in your logos, would make teams look 10 times bettter.

What? Huh? I feel there's too much detail in the Crocodile logo. Agree a full bodied snake logo showing the rattler would be better for San Antonio though. And darken at least one of the colors on Havana.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I love the San Antonio logo and uniform, the helmet is sick!

Havana is a fun concept for a franchise, however the colors are way too 1987 neon. I feel like the uniforms would need batteries.

Would it look better if the purple was replaced with yellow/gold?

5f6789e7-80cd-4d9b-af90-b70a526ce9c2.jpg

Rattlers: The logo is fantastic. I love the organic shape it depicts, but it's not really visible on a helmet. I think you make need to tweak the coloring a bit to make it stand out more. I don't really like the rest of the brand because the wordmark, typography, and colors don't really mesh well with the logo. Like I said before, the logo is organic and really snake like, but you contrast that significantly with the block text. Though, I do appreciate you customizing the wordmark with the fang like details.

Crocodiles: Whoa, my eyes. Love the wordmark. I love how Havana seems to be hovering above the water creating a ripple. But the rest of the brand needs work. I love the coloring, but I don't think it would translate well on the field without making them look like clowns and it doesn't scream crocodiles to me. It screams Miami Vice or the EDM scene. The numbering doesn't suit the name crocodiles, but I think its just the colors that is off putting. Work on the coloring and I think you have a winner.

Much improved. When developing a palette, you don't want all your colours to be the same brightness/saturation/etc, which was the trouble with the original palette.

rATMcmK.png

Didn't you know the SEC is the development league for the NFL?

That green and blue for Havana is a little to bright for my taste, maybe tone them down some?

**Update** The black tones down the whole look and it now looks better.

spacer.png

Its like everyone here has forgotten that WFL and NFL Europe ever happened. Not to mention the CFL exists too. I'd say London, Ontario would have to be the best choice in that area as its the largest city still without a team. But If you are hellbent on a Toronto team, pick Mississauga.

The Havana team is still too bright for me but since its developmental, I guess anything goes. Didn't know there were Crocodiles there either.

I feel the rattlers need more colours but the helmet logo is quite interesting.

Archived