Calgary Stampeders Helmet Logo Modification

TruColor

I mentioned this in the Ottawa REDBLACKS thread, but the Stampeders made a minor change to their helmet mark for 2014...it now matches the new(ish) primary mark unveiled in 2012.

(Click for a larger view)

Old primary helmet (1995-2013):

th_CalgaryStampeders_HRS0100a_1995-2013_

New primary helmet (2014-present):

th_CalgaryStampeders_HRS0100a_2014-9999_

Old alternate helmet (2012-2013):

th_CalgaryStampeders_HRS0200a_2012-2013_

New alternate helmet (2014-present):

th_CalgaryStampeders_HRS0200a_2014-9999_

I mentioned this in the Ottawa REDBLACKS thread, but the Stampeders made a minor change to their helmet mark for 2014...it now matches the new(ish) primary mark unveiled in 2012.

(Click for a larger view)

Old primary helmet (1995-2013):

th_CalgaryStampeders_HRS0100a_1995-2013_

New primary helmet (2014-present):

th_CalgaryStampeders_HRS0100a_2014-9999_

Old alternate helmet (2012-2013):

th_CalgaryStampeders_HRS0200a_2012-2013_

New alternate helmet (2014-present):

th_CalgaryStampeders_HRS0200a_2014-9999_

It looks like the tail changed directions in your update. Are you sure they changed that too?

This is from the pre-season game against B.C. The helmet logo doesn't appear to have a drop shadow, just the usual black outline. Are they planning to change it for regular season games?

crop_20420491230.png

zzPEfBm.png

It looks like the tail changed directions in your update. Are you sure they changed that too?

This is from the pre-season game against B.C. The helmet logo doesn't appear to have a drop shadow, just the usual black outline. Are they planning to change it for regular season games?

crop_20420491230.png

Not sure what to say about that...all I know is that this season's official graphics files has that change, along with a mention of Red road pants (which I haven't seen).

Not sure what to say about that...all I know is that this season's official graphics files has that change, along with a mention of Red road pants (which I haven't seen).

I'll take your word for it. Likely just not breaking them out until the regular season. Glad to hear about the red pants. Anything that reduces the monochrome in the CFL is good news

zzPEfBm.png

crop_20420491230.png

were they the old red pants from previous years with the black & white stripe? or new plain red ones???

any info u could give on any potential eskimos changes?? pants etc??

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the dropshadow was dropped; new helmet files were released today. The new silhouette remains - just without the dropshadow.

I'll post revised helmet graphics later.

• 2 weeks later...

Red pants are an improvement, but they still miss the mark. They need stripes, and do very little to fix the complete mess that is their identity. Toss the black helmets, add a stripe to the reds, get a new number font, axe the double-outlines, and then we're talking.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The red pants are better and would be even better if they got rid of the black helmet. They should keep it as an alternate helmet but should just stick to the red for the rest of their games, same as the Eskimos should only be wearing their yellow helmet.

And speaking of the Stamps logo, does anybody know who actually owns the trademark. I know it predates Ford, but what about SMU.

Archived