Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I don't get is....why is there a 2015 cool base replica version of the jersey they are getting rid of?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=42012476&cp=1452357.1452810.49837326

Maybe they will demote that one to an alternate

I'm pretty confident that the white pinstripe is over and done with. They already have blue and cream alts to wear at home, even though it makes me nuts when they wear "Minnesota" at home.

They are certainly breaking with some recent tradition by having the names on the back the same base color as the numbers. It's been a long run for red numbers (w/blue outlines) with blue names on the home jerseys.

Even more so for the blue jerseys with two color names and numbers. If the name on the front was red outlined in white, then the front numbers were the opposite - white outlined in red. The road blues from 1997-2008 were the same rules, but with the colors the opposite of the home blues on the front.

It just won't look "Twins" to see two color names on the home whites along with them being the same pattern as the numbers.

I wonder if they will use numbers on the front? THAT would be very hard to get used to not having.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The one thing I don't get is....why is there a 2015 cool base replica version of the jersey they are getting rid of?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=42012476&cp=1452357.1452810.49837326

I'm pretty confident that the white pinstripe is over and done with. They already have blue and cream alts to wear at home, even though it makes me nuts when they wear "Minnesota" at home.

When did they do that? I can't ever remember seeing the road alts at home.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

The one thing I don't get is....why is there a 2015 cool base replica version of the jersey they are getting rid of?http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=42012476&cp=1452357.1452810.49837326

When did they do that? I can't ever remember seeing the road alts at home.

Since they got rid of the navy alternate that says "Twins" in 2014 (along with their M hat), they wore the minnesota one a few times

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2014/08/mlb-cleveland-indians-minnesota-twins-850x560.jpg

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Good for the Twins. They had the most boring uniforms out of all teams that wear navy/blue and red. If they need an actual reason to add gold, that should be it. I was upset when the Nats ditched the gold, but it really doesn't fit in with their current look. I hope the Twins dropped that throwback as well.

The good: Love the ditching if the pinstripes. It's true they won two championships in them, but I just never liked them for the twins, as a fan. I do like the switch to a blue word mark. There is at least a sense of unity with the color now. Now they just need to take the piping off the blue jerseys and put it around the collar to match and they will have a near matching set.

The Bad: it's not egregious, but I don't think it's gonna go over well. It should be much more like the wild's wheat color as someone pointed out earlier. The area is really down on this team and ownership, so adding a regal color like gold is just kind of out of nowhere after 4 awful seasons.

Blue wordmark: yecch. (I like that wordmark in red, but not in blue. Oh, and the throwback script is still just awful.)

Loss of pinstripes: yawn.

Addition of gold: meh.

Overall: bleh.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

"The pinstripes, which they adopted for the 1987 season — their first World Championship season — are out, and “a cleaner, more contemporary look with Kasota gold accents” will be the new standard home uniform, Twins president Dave St. Peter said.

Understanding that we introduced a throwback uniform with pinstripes five years ago, we thought that gave us the liberty to look at something without pinstripes now,” St. Peter said. “Major League Baseball introduced the Kasota gold trim for the All-Star Game, and we really liked it. The color is symbolic of the sandstone that you see in Target Field, that comes from a quarry near Mankato.”"

You know what? :censored: sandstone. I'm still disappointed the ballpark wasn't brick to fit in with the other buildings in the warehouse district where the stadium was built, it's not an attractive stone in the slightest and WHO CARES that it came from a hole in the ground in Mankato?

As I stated earlier in this thread, at least the gold isn't yellow, but having the gold drop shadow up against the red outline just looks like color printing that is out of registration. It bugs me. And now we've got even less continuity across our scattershot collection of unrelated jerseys. Script this, custom font that, trim down the placket, no trim down the placket. She's a mess at Target Field more than ever.

And :censored: sandstone.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I've never been more embarrassed to be a Twins fan. Terrible play on the field, and now this. Hopefully the fans don't show appreciation for this and hopefully ownership notices. I understand they want a new look for the new era, but seriously, what the eff is this crap? Feels like a slap in the face to Twins history.

"The pinstripes, which they adopted for the 1987 season — their first World Championship season — are out, and “a cleaner, more contemporary look with Kasota gold accents” will be the new standard home uniform, Twins president Dave St. Peter said.

Understanding that we introduced a throwback uniform with pinstripes five years ago, we thought that gave us the liberty to look at something without pinstripes now,” St. Peter said. “Major League Baseball introduced the Kasota gold trim for the All-Star Game, and we really liked it. The color is symbolic of the sandstone that you see in Target Field, that comes from a quarry near Mankato.”"

You know what? :censored: sandstone. I'm still disappointed the ballpark wasn't brick to fit in with the other buildings in the warehouse district where the stadium was built, it's not an attractive stone in the slightest and WHO CARES that it came from a hole in the ground in Mankato?

As I stated earlier in this thread, at least the gold isn't yellow, but having the gold drop shadow up against the red outline just looks like color printing that is out of registration. It bugs me. And now we've got even less continuity across our scattershot collection of unrelated jerseys. Script this, custom font that, trim down the placket, no trim down the placket. She's a mess at Target Field more than ever.

And :censored: sandstone.

Why sandstone? Because no other stadium in the majors has it. Plenty of stadiums have brick, why not build the stadium with something local. What would target field have to blend into? It's next to some parking ramps and an overpass. It was designed to stand out, and I'm proud that it does. The twins went for unique, and they got unique. Not a bad unique, but a GREAT unique

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I'm pleasantly surprised. Like TheGiantsFan pointed out, the gold doesn't scream at you--it's subtle like the Giants'. And I actually like the switch to navy as the base color for the script, now that I see it on an actual jersey. While I felt the "M" hat was very Metrodomey, I never felt the same about the pinstriped white jerseys--but now, even though I still respect the '87-'14 pinstripes, this new one is a definite upgrade. I've been among those who advocated for the retro alts to become the default home, but this I feel is a very nice compromise of sorts.

All in all, it provides distinction from the Metrodome era while still keeping continuity of the brand. Very well done.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I am a bit disappointed with that empty explanation by St. Peter, but I'm coming around big time to the blue script. I'm starting to like it a lot more than the previous red one.

Everyone seems so torn on almost everything! I've read plenty of posts saying they like the blue script and some saying red. I've seen both sides of the argument on the 60's era alt home uniforms. People also seem pretty torn on the loss of pinstripes. I think this will be one of those changes that isn't completely lauded but not totally hated, either.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Archived