Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

Except the Yankees have actually won World Series' with their hat.

There seems to be something on this man's sleeve...can you tell me what it is?Except the Yankees logo has actually been involved in World Series championships as more than a barely noticeable shoulder patch. The fact of the matter is the TC hat has NEVER been involved in a series clinching win. The Twins are 4-21 all-time in postseason wins win that hat, three wins of which came nearly fifty years ago. That is HORRENDOUS.

Is the Cubs 'C' touchable? No world series.

In the end, it doesn't really matter if the 'TC' is touchable or not. Should they change it? Maybe. Will they? No.

ALykGdZ.png

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a kid, I only knew of the Twins via baseball cards, and never saw them on TV until the world series in 1987. I knew they were wearing pinstripes that year, but since all of my cards had them without, I've always thought the pinstripes looked weird on them.

71GDPx3Hg3L._SY355_.jpg71erqut%2BW9L._SY355_.jpg

As a life-long Twins fan, I've never thought of the pinstripes as a franchise-identifying characteristic. The TC, however, is and will always be what identifies them as the Twins.

I can totally understand why we're discussing changes to that logo. It's what this board is about. But as someone who personally identifies with the team, and who has followed the club for nearly 30 years, I hope they never change it, flaws or not.

There seems to be something on this man's sleeve...can you tell me what it is?Except the Yankees logo has actually been involved in World Series championships as more than a barely noticeable shoulder patch. The fact of the matter is the TC hat has NEVER been involved in a series clinching win. The Twins are 4-21 all-time in postseason wins win that hat, three wins of which came nearly fifty years ago. That is HORRENDOUS.

In the end, it doesn't really matter if the 'TC' is touchable or not. Should they change it? Maybe. Will they? No.

And that ends that fruitless discussion.

It's funny that I have seen very little about this. The tweet and then confirmation from the mothership.

(Googles "Twins New Uniforms")

NBC Sports has picked it up.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/04/the-twins-are-dropping-their-pinstripes/

Complete with photo of Josh Willingham. And its source is the mothership.

Any news on a date for unveiling? In time for Christmas (in theory; it's not on the top of my gift-buying list)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't understand any type of assertion that the TC logo is not untouchable. If the Twins were to alter that mark at all, even casual fans of the sport and team here in MN would react to it. Any suggestion otherwise (especially by those who don't understand the culture of the Twins nearly as much as OnWis, jujubeans, and MNTwins) is quite honestly baffling to me

The Vikings, who have been in Minnesota just as long and are more beloved, just updated their logo. If the Norseman can be updated without people burning villages (heh) the Twins can change the font or color of the TC. Don't be silly.

The changes to the Vikings logo were so subtle that I bet 9/10 Minnesotans don't even know it was changed. The logo posted above isn't a subtle touch-up.

^ It would be 'silly' to pretend the mock-up TC shown on here is as subtle as the Vikings' change. Roman, your comparison is asinine.

I said later that I couldn't see the picture he posted and figured it wasn't too radical. But I do maintain that the TC isn't untouchable. That being said, after seeing Admiral's TC, I don't like it. I think the T has to be symmetrical to work in such a logo. I could take or leave the C.

Honestly though, they could completely change the font of both letters and most people in Minnesota wouldn't notice unless it was a jarring change. I think that in New York, if you walked around with a navy and white Mets cap, most people would think it was a Yankees one. Most people don't have the attention to uniform detail as us or don't care as we do. I think it would take a huge change to the TC to get people pissed off. That being said, Admiral's version might be a big enough change.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Cubs actually did wear the C logo in their 1908 World Series win, and also clinched the 2003 NLDS with that logo on their hat as well. Very minimal success, but more than the TC hat.

And in all honesty, while I wouldn't change it because I like the logo a lot, on tradition alone I feel the Cubs' C is worthy of being "untouchable" because of their futility. And I don't even think the Twins should make any major changes to their hat logo, however I've just noticed some Twins fan hold the TC logo way too high in terms of it being this untouchable classic. Honestly had they not switched from 87-01, I would agree, but alas they did.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I've never heard anyone complain that the red C is unreadable, or that they think it's Cincinnati when there's a big honking T going through the middle (they also don't confuse the Reds and the Chicago Bears even though they have almost identical C's.)

50 years of history says the TC stays how it is. Hands off!

I never thought of that until I got on this board...but it is. Google your favorite Twins players. Up-close studio shots look fine. But on in-action shots, the white "T" is visible while the red "c" is sometimes barely noticeable.

(I personally don't care about the wishbone C and the Reds...Cleveland has used it as well...it's essentially just a font.)

The Cubs also had a variant of the wishbone C they used for 20+ years. It's a baseball tradition.

This is what I've always thought the Twins hat should look like--switch from midnight to navy blue and a single-colored interlocking TC:

twins.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The interlocking TC hat is one of my favorites. I actually like that fact that the C is harder to see than the T... it works for me on kind of a conceptual level. After all their team name is the Minnesota Twins.., officially there isn't really a C in there.

Think about it this way... it's like you asked someone what the team name was, and they said "TWINS", then leaned in and quietly whispered "cities".

The interlocking TC hat is one of my favorites. I actually like that fact that the C is harder to see than the T... it works for me on kind of a conceptual level. After all their team name is the Minnesota Twins.., officially there isn't really a C in there.

Think about it this way... it's like you asked someone what the team name was, and they said "TWINS", then leaned in and quietly whispered "cities".

I've said this like a million times and it's always ignored. Glad to see someone else agrees.

People who are not from Minnesota, and who are just unbiased logo critiques may think the TC logo is touchable. But it is in my mind the representation of professional sports return to Minnesota.

It's a classic logo that's never been changed and always been a favorite in the state. It's one of those special logos that needs an explanation so people know what it means, and when they know that it requires another story about how the team was originally to be named the Twin Cities Twins. It's simply a classic here and will not be changed.

The Norseman was never seen as a classic, but the TC is Minnesota sports history embodied in a logo.

Minnesotans are overly sentimental about their state

256dy87.jpg

So is the road uni changing?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

That throwback script is flat-out awful. Putrid. Terrible.

100% with you. As much as I like "old-timey" scripts, that one looks like it was scribbled on a wet napkin. The current road script is solid.

Also, count me in as one of the few that misses the road pinstripes. The vertically-arched, skinny block script, however, can stay in the past.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What is meant by "diamond era?"

POTD (Shared)

Archived