College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All teams really dressed to impress this week. I can't remember the last time Ive flipped through channels on Saturday and been so pleased.

Really? Did you see Texas A&M, Kansas, Minnesota, Kentucky, Syracuse, UCLA, and New Mexico... I saw a lot of crap... which is a normal college football Saturday. Ugh.

All teams really dressed to impress this week. I can't remember the last time Ive flipped through channels on Saturday and been so pleased.

Really? Did you see Texas A&M, Kansas, Minnesota, Kentucky, Syracuse, UCLA, and New Mexico... I saw a lot of crap... which is a normal college football Saturday. Ugh.

This week i saw Georgia-Georgia Tech, Michigan-Ohio State, Notre Dame-Stanford, Iowa-Nebraska, Washington State- Washington, Alabama-Auburn, UNC-NC State, Penn State-Michigan State, and they all looked damn good. I even liked the Wisconsin-Minnesota game too

This week i saw Georgia-Georgia Tech, Michigan-Ohio State, Notre Dame-Stanford, Iowa-Nebraska, Washington State- Washington, Alabama-Auburn, UNC-NC State, Penn State-Michigan State, and they all looked damn good. I even liked the Wisconsin-Minnesota game too

Agreed ^ glad we didn't see teams trying to "impress recruits" with a bunch of crazy bullcrap for rivalry week. Lot of good matchups this week,my favorite probably being north Carolina- NC state. those new unc unis are still absolutely gorgeous

Idaho rocked a new lid today. Matte gold with a silver decal.

CU8nYSGUAAAtr34.jpgYUPLCKTQAEAZVXN.20151129001744.jpgXJBRFSIDDGYQZWD.20151127233318.jpg

Sell out crowd at the Kibbie Dome, I see. Some of my takes of the weekend...I didn't even realize OSU were wearing the fauxbacks. Just goes to show that I think the look should have never been changed. I like the Florida helmet in a vacuum but they should always wear orange lids against FSU. UGA/GT was fantastic as usual. I think Clemson and South Carolina looked great too. I love the garnet lids for the Gamecocks.

Am I the only really looking forward to seeing Clemson vs North Carolina? The thing I hated most about the ACC expansion 10 years ago was the those two were placed in different divisions and don't play each other every season. Always loved seeing orange against carolina blue back in the day.

Assuming Clemson is the "home team" due to having the better record, I hope we get to see Orange/Orange/White vs Blue/White/Blue. Will also accept Orange/White/Orange vs Blue/Blue/White. Would be disappointed to see mono orange, mono blue, or either team going white over white. I'll be flat out pissed if Clemson wears purple (pants or jerseys) or UNC wears those black uniforms that were unveiled as part of their current set.

Hopefully UNC isn't considering white helmets for this game. Not a fan of those either *shrug*

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Clemson is the home team, yes. The Atlantic Division champ was scheduled to be the home team anyway. Uniform wise, I'm willing to put down money that Clemson wears all orange. The orange pants only come out for "big" games, which I'm sure this qualifies for, even though they wore white pants back in the 2011 ACCCG. I have no clue what Carolina is going to do. They haven't worn black as much as previous years, which is good. I predict blue/white/white, but I would love blue pants.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The league will allow it, but it's up to what Carolina does, and they'll probably wear white, even though the orange on blue would look beautiful. We'll all know by tomorrow morning at 9, and from what I've seen from the league's Twitter, there's a realistic possibility for color on color.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Clemson only wears purple once a year. Military appreciation day. There's exactly a 0% chance of them wearing anything other than orange and white.

The only question is white or orange pants.

I was wondering if there was any rhyme or reason for when they bring out the purple. Personally, I wish they'd do it more often.

Indiana looked stupid in the Old Oaken Bucket game. Adidas tried to get fancy again and it just looked cheap. The silver foil was terrible and barely visible, especially on the white helmet. If they wanted to go with the all white helmet they should have had either crimson Indiana script or the IU trident logo.

e8a978754ed0474d80564c00341c9b5c-796af03

565a25fd9a0fd.image.jpg?resize=760%2C524

Indiana looked stupid in the Old Oaken Bucket game. Adidas tried to get fancy again and it just looked cheap. The silver foil was terrible and barely visible, especially on the white helmet. If they wanted to go with the all white helmet they should have had either crimson Indiana script or the IU trident logo.

Nominee for worst uniform of the year.

Nominee for worst uniform of the year.

Not even close

So this is kinda strange...College GameDay this morning used stock video footage of Stanford Stadium this morning during its preview of ND/Stanford. It had a camera in the stadium, doing a pre-game left-to-right vista pan, but the endzones were the old 3-D white block letters in a green endzone. Clearly the endzones are cardinal with the custom white font this year. The implication during the show was that it was a live look at the stadium.

Yeah, they have done that for quite awhile. Most fans don't notice.

Archived