NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks to me like the Bucks actually went through three different road wordmarks during that era. They originally wore that triple-outlined wordmark that ColorWerx posted when those uniforms first came out, as shown by this Glenn Robinson game-worn from '95:

4MliEh4.jpg

However, it appears that somewhere along the line, they switched to something more along the lines of the '01 wordmark, as shown by this Ray Allen game-worn from '99:

AgY1CeU.jpg

Interesting. I have uniform sheets from 1998 and 2002, so I've missed any changes between the two.

The Rising Star jerseys in action.

giannis-antetokounmpo-nike-hyperrev-2015

463393622-trey-burke-of-the-utah-jazz-go

The black uniforms were by far the ugliest with the windows being more visible, the white/grey was okay. If these jerseys had sleeves on them, they would need to be burned at the stake.

Wouldn't be atrocious if the front of the shorts matched the jerseys. Shorts variations should only occur on the sides in terms of stripes.

I don't think the Hawks color change is set in stone. What if the new owner isn't on board with the changes? I hope ther don't go the volt route.

At this point in time it is. The uniforms and everything have already been picked and are currently in the process of switching everything over from the currently pattern and colors to the new. To have the CEO come out and openly talk about changes only 6 months ahead of time is a sure thing considering it takes about 18 months for these changes to occur.

TL:DR - We're past the point of no return.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

At first I was not a big fan of the 2015 NBA All-Star game jerseys... but after I forced myself to watch 5-10 minutes of that horrid display of "basketball", the uniform really grew on me. I absolutely LOVED larger number on the front of the jersey. I still am not a fan of the random gray stars going down the shorts. I think it would have been a perfect place to have EAST or WEST going down the shorts since there was no EAST or WEST on the jerseys. Lastly, the 3 Adidas stripes at the bottom of the shorts took more away from the uniform that I thought they would. I thought they would get lost at the bottom of the shorts... but they stuck out, especially with the nice and simple R/W/B trim around the rest of the jersey.

that horrid display of "basketball"

3e3.jpg

It's not so much that... but what is the point of the game if the first 3 quarters is just run up and down the court and not even attempt to play defense? There are literally people taking shots from behind the arc with guys 4-6 feet away and their hands down at their sides.

I get if you want to play the first quarter... or even the first and half the second as a street game... but 80% of the game is nonsense. Why even have a 3 point and dunk contest on Saturday when the game on Sunday is basically wide open shots and ally oops?

The league, media, and players all boast about how awesome it is to have all these great players out there and what a sight it is to see these guys play together and make phenomenal plays, but really, the plays are THAT phenomenal when no one is even trying to play defense. You have big men dribbling the ball right around guys like they were Chris Paul or Kyrie Irving. Hell, you could put college kids out there against that "defense" and they would look like an Olympic team too. To me, it diminishes the game. I want to see those great players make those great plays when they are actually competing... not just taking turns on who is going to dunk next.

It's not so much that... but what is the point of the game if the first 3 quarters is just run up and down the court and not even attempt to play defense? There are literally people taking shots from behind the arc with guys 4-6 feet away and their hands down at their sides.

I get if you want to play the first quarter... or even the first and half the second as a street game... but 80% of the game is nonsense. Why even have a 3 point and dunk contest on Saturday when the game on Sunday is basically wide open shots and ally oops?

The league, media, and players all boast about how awesome it is to have all these great players out there and what a sight it is to see these guys play together and make phenomenal plays, but really, the plays are THAT phenomenal when no one is even trying to play defense. You have big men dribbling the ball right around guys like they were Chris Paul or Kyrie Irving. Hell, you could put college kids out there against that "defense" and they would look like an Olympic team too. To me, it diminishes the game. I want to see those great players make those great plays when they are actually competing... not just taking turns on who is going to dunk next.

What's more fun to watch? An alley oop, or a shot clock violation?

@CLEstones: injuries are hard to watch, hence the lack of defense. I cannot imagine either coach telling any one of their players to foul someone (or foul someone hard) just to win this meaningless exhibition game. It's a goodwill game, and there's no upside to winning it (e.g., home court in the Finals like in the MLB) so why not put on a show? Just my opinion, and I'm sorry if you disagree and sorry you didn't enjoy the game.

After the 4th ally-oop in the first 10 minutes? A 24-second shot clock violation... and I'm being completely honest.

@CLEstones: injuries are hard to watch, hence the lack of defense. I cannot imagine either coach telling any one of their players to foul someone (or foul someone hard) just to win this meaningless exhibition game. It's a goodwill game, and there's no upside to winning it (e.g., home court in the Finals like in the MLB) so why not put on a show? Just my opinion, and I'm sorry if you disagree and sorry you didn't enjoy the game.

I'm not saying if a guy goes for a lay up, foul him hard around the shoulders to prevent the lay up. Nor am I saying stand in there and take a charge when LeBron is soaring through the air. I'm not saying double team guys in the corner and full court press all game. I'm not advocating lock down, slap the ground, scrapper defense. I'm advocating SOME defense.

I'm saying what is really the point of playing the game when defense isn't even being attempted until the 4th quarter? There was literally a point in the middle of the game where guys would miss shots and wouldn't move from under the basket. They wouldn't even attempt to like jog back. Once a guy got the ball on the wing, the defense stopped moving, hands were down around their sides, there was no attempt to even make a step towards stopping the offensive player. For me, I don't see the entertainment value in Chris Paul and John Wall putting on dribbling exhibitions when NO ONE is trying to actually stop them. What makes a cross over so awesome, or a spin move so great is when someone's ankles actually get broken when they are trying to defend them. Oh awesome, half court ally-oop when there are only 3 guys back on defense and they are all above the foul line. Yeah, that's cool to see, but after the 4th or 5th time in the 1st quarter, its just lame.

I would want to see what a REAL game looks like between these guys. LeBron vs KD, Paul vs Kyrie, Wall vs Lillard... I want to see who has actual handles, who can actually hit a pull up jumper with a hand in their face, who can slice the defense and get to the hoop.

Archived