Really unusual color schemes (that work)

MCM0313

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

How about J.H. Rose High School from North Carolina? Kelly green and sky blue.

5817552_G.jpg

I've seen this one quite a bit in high schools, but not much beyond that. It certainly looks great!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, rsaline said:

I've seen this one quite a bit in high schools, but not much beyond that. It certainly looks great!

Really? I don't know that I'd ever seen it before that. Dark green and sky blue I've seen; kelly green and sky blue not really.

10 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Really? I don't know that I'd ever seen it before that. Dark green and sky blue I've seen; kelly green and sky blue not really.

Welp. Nevermind, I had two CO high schools in mind that I thought had sky blue with green, but I pulled a Roger Clemens...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 1937redskins said:

does it work ...or do you just choose to accept it?

il_570xN.990215783_opll.jpg

Growing up in Maryland I'm a little biased to the Terps' colors.

marylandUA2012_crop_north.jpeg?w=600&h=4

mary-01-redwhite-billvaughan-675x3801.jp

493951-sep-1999-bruce-perry-of-the-maryl

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:51 PM, njdevs7 said:

Any other orange and green?

angel-rodriguez-icon2.jpg

I like Miami's use of orange and dark/forest green. Florida A&M's orange and kelly green is one of the biggest eyesores in sports history. Modern uniform designs has only made it worse. Although even in the days of simple designs FAMU was hard for me to watch.

77242136.jpg

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Growing up in Maryland I'm a little biased to the Terps' colors.

marylandUA2012_crop_north.jpeg?w=600&h=4

mary-01-redwhite-billvaughan-675x3801.jp

493951-sep-1999-bruce-perry-of-the-maryl

but those are blended and they took away the dominant yellow base.

the 70s uni's..the red was entirely seperate on the jersey from the black and yellow on the pants and helmet.

it was odd but had balance

16 hours ago, 1937redskins said:

it was odd but had balance

I'll gladly sacrifice balance over oddity any day. I prefer Maryland's early 2000s (pre Under Armour) look. Primarily red and white, with black and yellow accents.

55 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'll gladly sacrifice balance over oddity any day. I prefer Maryland's early 2000s (pre Under Armour) look. Primarily red and white, with black and yellow accents.

Was that the one with the white helmet with "Terps" written in script? I liked that one myself.

22 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I like Miami's use of orange and dark/forest green. Florida A&M's orange and kelly green is one of the biggest eyesores in sports history. Modern uniform designs has only made it worse. Although even in the days of simple designs FAMU was hard for me to watch.

77242136.jpg

That FAMU pic doesn't feature the best design, but I don't think the colors are horrid. They'd have more contrast if one of them were darker, to be sure, but they're bright and flashy, which I think fits their nickname nicely. I wouldn't like it if every team in the NCAA were this brightly colored, but every now and them it's fun to look at.

27 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

That FAMU pic doesn't feature the best design, but I don't think the colors are horrid. They'd have more contrast if one of them were darker, to be sure, but they're bright and flashy, which I think fits their nickname nicely. I wouldn't like it if every team in the NCAA were this brightly colored, but every now and them it's fun to look at.

I've never considered rattlesnakes to be bright, flashy creatures lol.

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Perhaps not, but remember, their nickname isn't Rattlesnakes, it's Rattlers, which has a certain pizazz to it IMO.

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Speaking of FAMU, they just signed a 3 year deal with Nike. Uniforms will be revealed within the next 2-3 weeks.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

2 hours ago, WizKid said:

Speaking of FAMU, they just signed a 3 year deal with Nike. Uniforms will be revealed within the next 2-3 weeks.

Really? Source?

Edit: Nevermind

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/famu/2016/05/21/famu-athletics-secures-deal-nike/84714868/

On May 21, 2016 at 6:30 AM, 1937redskins said:

does it work ...or do you just choose to accept it?

il_570xN.990215783_opll.jpg

The color scheme is fine, but the way they used it back then was godawful. It looks like someone stole their jerseys and they had to borrow their opponents' road jerseys for the game.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived