Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

If it ends up being that I'll be somewhat disappointed... I liked @Conrad.'s estimations much more. Why have green if it's only going to be used on one jersey?

Amen to that. These look WAY too bland without a splash of green somewhere. Not a good look, imo.

Maybe we can hope for one of the "alternate" uniforms to incorporate the green tree pattern, too. Would be a shame to not see it anywhere.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish there was some more green, but if the home and away are these, it'll be fine with me. Maybe we will get a black alt, that would be cool. Im not sure how I'd feel about a green alt, but if they had a black uni with the strip across the front being green, I think id like that. 

4 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

A little tree on the shorts is still far too little. The T-Wolves really dropped the ball here. 

Personally, I love these uniforms. The more I look at them, the better I think they look. But I do wish there was a bit more than a tree. 

37 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Amen to that. These look WAY too bland without a splash of green somewhere. Not a good look, imo.

Maybe we can hope for one of the "alternate" uniforms to incorporate the green tree pattern, too. Would be a shame to not see it anywhere.

So do the earlier estimations not seem likely anymore? I don't know why, but I'm holding on to a feeling that the newer ones aren't legit, they just don't seem to fit the brand that the logoset tried to convey. There's also small hints like no logo being on the waistband, despite every single other team so far having one. Maybe I'm just holding out on unrealistic hope.

So much for my optimism.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Am I crazy or is there a lime green circular logo on the belt buckle area? I could be seeing things. 

The uniforms, if these are correct, seem very off-brand for the T-Wolves. Hopefully they'll impress in the real-life application more than video games and grainy pictures. The Cavs did, so I'm holding out hope still.

I am a little confused here. Conrad, didn't you create some home and road mock ups with the green tree side panels based on eye witness account? 

Then there was the "leak" of the green uniform with stripes that was taken down.

Then we see the white set with blue strips.

and there is talk of a "mainly black" uniform, despite the fact that the Wolves eliminated black from their color scheme? 

That is 5 sets right there. 

4 minutes ago, Funkatron101 said:

I am a little confused here. Conrad, didn't you create some home and road mock ups with the green tree side panels based on eye witness account? 

Then there was the "leak" of the green uniform with stripes that was taken down.

Then we see the white set with blue strips.

and there is talk of a "mainly black" uniform, despite the fact that the Wolves eliminated black from their color scheme? 

That is 5 sets right there. 

Navy is the "mainly black" uniform I assume.

Jaguars

As others have stated, a jersey design with multiple horizontal stripes/panels -- especially across the chest and yoke, above the #s -- is the Bullets/Wizards' signature design element.  The Bullets/Wizards have used it in four distinct designs over the course of franchise history (Unseld era, Ruland era, Arenas era gold alts, current unis).  From memory, I can't think of another team who's done it (other than the Jazz's soccer-style sleeved alt and the Nuggs' yellow alt -- and both of those have the stripes across the torso/below the #s).  Why would the Wolves encroach on another franchise's territory -- especially when they have their own signature element (tree-shaped trim) to play with?  It's akin to co-opting the Sonics' arch, the Blazers' diagonal sash, or the Nuggets' rainbow motif. 

The shorts kinda look like an Adidas collegiate template -- and that's not a good thing. 

The Pacers also used a horizontal stripe across the chest from '85-'90. 

For that matter, the Buffalo Braves used diagonal stripes several years before Portland, albiet at a much more acute angle.

Archived