Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't shake the "sailing" feeling to this set. I have realized why. This is completely on-brand to Nautica. A company that emphasizes sailing with clothing with thick horizontal navy lines. I just don't associate Nautica with Minnesota, or wolves.

Which is a shame, because overall I actually really like the set.

The kindest thing I can say about the uniforms is that they seem to fit Tom Thibodeau's vision of a no-nonsense, grind-it-out team, but the uniforms will probably outlast Thibodeau, and then what?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Now I can officially say I'm disappointed but it could be worse I guess... 

these have a summer/pool vibe to me. 

I think the bottom stiping on shorts is much too wide and the top of the jersey striping seems unnecessary. 

5.5/10. 

They don"t look awful, but these lack something..... on yeah..... GREEN!

Now, it's not all bad. Eve though these copy the Wizards jerseys, they do end up looking nice. Had this been used for the Dallas Mavericks, I'd have have no issue.... and I worry that Green alternate that was sort of leaked is going to stick out like a sore thumb. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

The only good thing I will say about these is that I really like the 'MINNESOTA' script on the Icon Edition -- the narrow characters look significantly better than the wide characters. The 'WOLVES' script isn't terrible, but looks noticeably more awkward next to that 'MINNESOTA' script.

1 minute ago, Jack Holmes said:

It's low-key disheartening that they could go through the work of a rebrand and not find room to put a logo on there (like a tree or just the wolf head).

ESPECIALLY the wolf head.  I think I saw a small howling wolf on the side of the shorts, but IMHO it should be incorporated more.

24 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't disagree, but for the absence of green. I get the instinct to be subtle with a neon accent color, but there's such a thing as being too subtle. 

These would be 1,000x better had they outlined the word mark and numbers in green.

And since someone brought up the Seahawks, there's a good example of how to incorporate eon green into a set with subtlety. 

Some green would have been great. We have so many multi-blue teams in the world, it would have been a nice way to separate them from the others. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

It's low-key disheartening that they could go through the work of a rebrand and not find room to put a logo on there (like a tree or just the wolf head).

That would've meant more green. From the looks of these, it appears that keeping green to a nearly non-visible minimum was a design objective.

Archived