2016 NCAA Football Thread

CS85

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, See Red said:

Yeah, he went down making the catch.  He was running and celebrating.

I kind of want to give the kid the benefit of the doubt now that I've seen it a few times that he actually thought the play was still live, but that was brutal.  For those who missed it...

hufwbufpvaotdxp3aaqx.gif

The hit was ugly, but if the lineman missed him being down, what else is he supposed to do? He can't knock him right in his head, but a normal tackle would have been okay in that situation?

Maybe not, as the official is waving off the play, but it looks like Wisconsin isn't really stopping the play either.

I think it would be better if the NCAA played by NFL rules so I would know what "down" means.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nice win for Wisconsin.  I was convinced they were unranked due to projecting a poor record given their really difficult schedule...and that they are one of the top 25 teams in the country.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The hit was ugly, but if the lineman missed him being down, what else is he supposed to do? He can't knock him right in his head, but a normal tackle would have been okay in that situation?

Maybe not, as the official is waving off the play, but it looks like Wisconsin isn't really stopping the play either.

I think it would be better if the NCAA played by NFL rules so I would know what "down" means.

But the Wisconsin kid has an arm in the air while the rest are running to congratulate him him as opposed to blocking. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt to an extent but I don't think a game off would be unfair.  There should be something more than him just having to sit in the lockerroom for the kneel downs.

IUe6Hvh.png

Fair enough. I can see it both ways. Also, it seems like Les Miles used to be awesome but now he's garbage.

I'm not a huge college football fan, but it is great to have sports that aren't baseball/soccer/whatever ESPN has rights to back on TV.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

With the exception of the new FG Kicker, Florida's offense took 3+ quarters to find rhythm, but they finally did. Eddie Pinero, the FG never kicked a FG in HS or Junior College and is 3/3 in game, he's even got the student section chanting his name.  Only one game, but he's making something not-as-easy-as-it-looks look easy.

Go Gators!!

Edit: UK up 35-17 over Southern Miss at half. Golden Eagles now lead 44-35 late in the 4th.  Also Jackrabbits hanging with the Battle Frogs, 45-41 TCU.

57 minutes ago, DaRadniz29 said:

With the exception of the new FG Kicker, Florida's offense took 3+ quarters to find rhythm, but they finally did. Eddie Pinero, the FG never kicked a FG in HS or Junior College and is 3/3 in game, he's even got the student section chanting his name.  Only one game, but he's making something not-as-easy-as-it-looks look easy.

Go Gators!!

Edit: UK up 35-17 over Southern Miss at half. Golden Eagles now lead 44-35 late in the 4th.  Also Jackrabbits hanging with the Battle Frogs, 45-41 TCU.

It wasn't a great effort by the Gators.  They have a lot of weapons on offense, but a lot of them are young.  They need to stretch the field and outside of a deep throw to Callaway on the first play, they pretty much never tried to, which I don't get.  Callaway beat the defense deep on that first play... I'd have gone back to that more.  So many dumb penalties and the offensive line was worse than I expected against a team they should have handled.  They're better than last year on offense and, once they get Tabor back, should be as good on D as they were last year, so I don't understand why they've been so disrespected when everybody talks about the East.  Disappointing overall.  Callaway beat the defense deep on that first play... I'd have gone back to that more.

Very excited for Pinero, though -- hard not to be considering he's hit 77 yarders in practice and our kickers last year were a sure miss from any distance.

IUe6Hvh.png

2nd straight year Washington State falls to a Big Sky team, this time to Eastern Washington. Of course last year the Cougs turned out pretty solid, so one wonders if that happens again. 

Also, wake up Cats and beat the Mormons.

OK....

image.jpeg

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

27 minutes ago, See Red said:

It wasn't a great effort by the Gators.  They have a lot of weapons on offense, but a lot of them are young.  They need to stretch the field and outside of a deep throw to Callaway on the first play, they pretty much never tried to, which I don't get.  Callaway beat the defense deep on that first play... I'd have gone back to that more.  So many dumb penalties and the offensive line was worse than I expected against a team they should have handled.  They're better than last year on offense and, once they get Tabor back, should be as good on D as they were last year, so I don't understand why they've been so disrespected when everybody talks about the East.  Disappointing overall.  Callaway beat the defense deep on that first play... I'd have gone back to that more.

Very excited for Pinero, though -- hard not to be considering he's hit 77 yarders in practice and our kickers last year were a sure miss from any distance.

My concerns about LDR aside, the biggest problem Florida has on offense is that their OL is a tire-fire of incompetence, and without adequate pass protection, setting up those deep shots for Callaway isn't possible. The run blocking isn't particularly good, either. Hope that can gel more as the season goes along, because if Florida performs like they did tonight, they're probably a 7-5/8-4 type team.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

So he'll coach during the week but not be seen at games?

No on-field instruction can be done by a "special assistant", "quality control" or any other title given to one who isn't one of the nine listed on-field assistant coaches and four GAs.

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wonder if he was doing any freelance work last week. USC looked shell shocked.

He and Kiffin have always been close and supposedly talk multiple times per week. Tosh Lupoi, who was at UW with Sarkasian is now OLB coach at Alabama too.

OTOH, USC had the opportunity to bring in former Tide DL coach Bo Davis who was fired in May. It didn't look as if they take that opportunity.

Archived