NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

If they have to play this HOF game, I like Peter King's idea of playing it a few up north in Cleveland at an NFL ready field.  

The Canton game always reminded me of the MLB exhibition they used to play at Cooperstown.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2001mark said:

If they have to play this HOF game, I like Peter King's idea of playing it a few up north in Cleveland at an NFL ready field.  

The Canton game always reminded me of the MLB exhibition they used to play at Cooperstown.  

They have two options: Play in Cleveland (1 hour away) or Akron (20 minutes) away. 

Akron seems like the better choice. It's a very nice stadium that seats 30k, FieldTurf surface, an easy drive from the HOF and tons of parking and tailgate space. Every team plays in Cleveland. It just seems like a waste and would take the novelty out of the event. Probably making it feel just like any other preseason game.

Do they always try to make it so that one of the HOF inductees' teams is involved in the game ?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It was free hat day.  It was very unorganized.  I was in 5th grade and at the hat giveaway spot this guy what trying to tell groups to send one person per party to get the hats.  My Dad said hell no to that and drug me along with him to the hat table.  It says "Charter PSL holder" on it, and we still have them somewhere in his basement.  

Both he and I have taken all our Rams stuff down at our respective homes but didn't throw it away.  It didn't seem right to display it, nor to burn it or toss it out.  

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

23 hours ago, DNAsports said:

For future HOF games, just move the Pro Bowl to that date. It showcases potential future HOFers.

Nobody worth anything would ever play in the Pro Bowl again if you did that.  Risk a major injury right before the season?  That ain't happening.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

14 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

They have two options: Play in Cleveland (1 hour away) or Akron (20 minutes) away. 

Akron seems like the better choice. It's a very nice stadium that seats 30k, FieldTurf surface, an easy drive from the HOF and tons of parking and tailgate space. Every team plays in Cleveland. It just seems like a waste and would take the novelty out of the event. Probably making it feel just like any other preseason game.

Downside:  You are playing a game in Akron.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

15 hours ago, rams80 said:

Nobody worth anything would ever play in the Pro Bowl again if you did that.  Risk a major injury right before the season?  That ain't happening.

Who says it can't be played just after the Super Bowl, and inductions can't happen then either?

46 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

If Joey Bosa and the Chargers can't come to an agreement on a contract and Bosa has to sit out the 2016 season and enter the 2017 draft, would he be the #1 overall prospect?

He's neither better overall than Deshaun Watson nor is a better pass rusher than Miles Garrett.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Who says it can't be played just after the Super Bowl, and inductions can't happen then either?

Well, to begin with, the inductees are announced the week of the Super Bowl and there are likely some major logistical hurdles that would immediately arise.

(Also Ohio in February is kind of a :censored: ty place to hold a major event outdoors.)

Today, we are all otaku.

16 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Well, to begin with, the inductees are announced the week of the Super Bowl and there are likely some major logistical hurdles that would immediately arise.

(Also Ohio in February is kind of a :censored: ty place to hold a major event outdoors.)

Fair enough

From tonight's Hard Knocks:

Jeff Fisher:  "I'm not :censored: ing going 7-9."

wake%20me%20up_zpsajpbifgy.jpg

Today, we are all otaku.

I don't know if we've ever mentioned it here, but Amazon Prime has a Hard Knocks type show that follows the Cardinals through all of last season. I've only seen a couple of episodes so far, but it's pretty good. It's what I imagine Hard Knocks to be (I don't have HBO).

The Rams expanded the stadium capacity (from around 80,000 to over 90,000) for the Dallas game on Saturday, and the Seattle game during Week 2, due to high ticket demand. 

The Rams are about to have 90,000 people turn up for a pre-season game. This is crazy. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Rams expanded the stadium capacity (from around 80,000 to over 90,000) for the Dallas game on Saturday, and the Seattle game during Week 2, due to high ticket demand. 

The Rams are about to have 90,000 people turn up for a pre-season game. This is crazy. 

Well, they added another 8,000 complaints via social media for those who are not going to be ready for parking issues, metal detectors, or taking items back to their cars/throw away due to the NFL's Clear Bag policy which the Coliseum has followed for years.

If early returns on tonight's Bears game are true to their regular season form, the Bears will be lucky to score a touchdown during the regular season, much less win a single game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

9 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Awaiting BBTV to call the Eagles season over tonight along with throwing in EDP's first rant of the preseason.

I couldn't care less about preseason. As long as Doug "12-minute drill" freakin' Pederson is their coach, their season is always over. 

The only way the season can even be interesting is if Sam Bradford suffers a compound rib fracture and then Chase Daniels gets a compound concussion and we at least get to see Wentz play, rather than "he probably won't dress this year so he can get acquainted with our community and learn more about our fans."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived