NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/18/2016 at 10:37 AM, DNAsports said:

Idea: Use the preseason games to give coaches who don't necessarily have a lot of head coaching experience have a chance to lead teams. Much like what the NBA does in Summer League.

Great idea...if the NFL preseason wasn't used to determine jobs less than a month later.

This is about as smart an idea as it is for an NFL minor league to consist of divisional teams' prospects on one squad.

59 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Snack time Rob and Rex?

CqUxeoNWAAARr5L_zps4wvmb6z0.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/767073716450816000

Take it away, Marv!!!

Which is interesting, as he was claiming a few days ago that the suspension was for just missing a test and not for testing positive for something.  I guess there's no sense taking a test you know you won't pass.

15 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Which is interesting, as he was claiming a few days ago that the suspension was for just missing a test and not for testing positive for something.  I guess there's no sense taking a test you know you won't pass.

Per sportrac.com:

$42.9M initially guaranteed (Signing bonus + 2015 base salary + 2016 base salary + 2016 option bonus)
Signing Bonus: $25M (due 12/1/2015)

2016 Option Bonus: $7M
$9.75M 2017 salary becomes fully guaranteed on 3/11/2016
$2.35M of the 2018 salary becomes fully guaranteed on the 3rd league day of 2016

Additional $5M of 2018 salary becomes fully guaranteed on the 3rd league day of 2017

On 20/08/2016 at 6:25 PM, HedleyLamarr said:

Great idea...if the NFL preseason wasn't used to determine jobs less than a month later.

With the number of injuries & depth changes in-game, I think the preseason is more valuable than ppl give it credit.

When my Patriots go men down, & they always f'n do, & I don't know Abe from Adam on the O-Line mid December with playoff seedings on the line, I sure as siht want them rotated in without a hitch.  

However, fans should not be charged regular season ticket pricing.  

edit* - T Sebastian Vollmer gone for probably the season - so yeah, reps matter.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

On 8/20/2016 at 11:57 PM, 2001mark said:

With the number of injuries & depth changes in-game, I think the preseason is more valuable than ppl give it credit.

When my Patriots go men down, & they always f'n do, & I don't know Abe from Adam on the O-Line mid December with playoff seedings on the line, I sure as siht want them rotated in without a hitch.  

However, fans should not be charged regular season ticket pricing.  

Last year the Browns changed how they charge for tickets. Going with 'demand pricing'.

They also raised prices last year. So, my $55 seats became $70 seats. But, the 'big games', went up to $84 or so each, while the two preseason games were $37 or so each.  Then two other games were $60 or so. Don't remember and don't feel like looking it up. But, the tickets were $700 for the ten total games.

Still, the season ticket holders weren't getting $37 on the secondary market for those tickets anyways. I never was able to sell them. I'd just give them away to someone who wanted to go to a game that couldn't afford it at any price.

Preseason blows.  Always has.  Always will.  They should have two 4-quarter scrimmages held at a team's camp location that starters can't participate in unless there's emergencies.  But they can't make millions doing it that way.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, dont care said:

That's a pretty dick move not gonna lie, unless Norman said something to him first there is no need to be shoving your ring in another persons face like that.

Norman shot first. Speaking of last season's Super Bowl: "I don’t know what he (DT) was out there for. He was supposed to be an all-world guy, and I shut him down."

Demaryius is a pretty humble guy. Would take a poor comment from a total sh!thead to be properly provoked, as was the case today.

6uXNWAo.png

9 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Norman talks so much smack for such an average CB. 

Who got PAID by the Redskins to be... an average CB that can trash talk. Let's face it, if he didn't make OBJ into his bitch in Week 15 last season, he'd still be nothing more then an average CB who can trash talk and not one who got a huge paycheck to get burnt like toast by Dank Prescott and his wonder arm (BTW, Dallas fans... I'd love to see that little whelp try to get a perfect QB score in Seattle).

I doubt Norman even opens his trap if the Redskins had the Broncos on the schedule this year.

Dude got torched via twitter. Off to watch Norman suck sh!t for the Washington Football Team.

6uXNWAo.png

The Chargers have probably the cheapest front office in the NFL. Losing your 3rd overall pick because you don't want to give him the full signing bonus or offset language which is a thing every player in the top 5 picks has gotten under then new CBA is so stupidly cheap. Either trade out of the top 5 of you don't want to give it to players or give it to them it's that simple. 

Bosa's been kind of a dildo this whole process too, but his douchery pales in comparison to the befuddling nincompoopery of Alex Spanos, high lord of wacky sports idiocy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You know, as much as I'll side with the players in labor/contract disputes....I actually kind of side with the Chargers here.

From what I've heard, the hang-up as been about the guaranteed money amount.  Sure, fight for every dollar, Joey.  But, what he doesn't realize is, is that a player's only leverage is services rendered, and Bosa can't exactly show his NFL highlight reel when there isn't one.  And, whenever he does sign a contract, Bosa will become the most hated and least-respected player in the locker room.  NFL veterans aren't exactly welcoming to rookies that haven't earned the bigger money on the field.  Especially if he starts missing games....now you're affecting the team and angering them, as careers average around three years in length.

Earn your money, Joey.

Archived