Fun With Flags!!!!

Sport

On 6/26/2017 at 4:55 PM, webdav said:

I got a quote on printing a 3'x5' of this and it's pretty tempting to hang in out in lieu of my "real" Montana flag for a while. $110 for a one-off isn't too bad.

I'd check Ali Express; you can get very inexpensive flags there. 

Apparently now Columbia SC wants in on the fun, too.

Quick look at the current....

5887a5b1e94cc.image.png.144b4ea7a0ac049a4093b7d1b877de6c.png

...And the 19 finalists.

Columbiaflags.thumb.png.c45f2c55973aed5a4c378d70144b2c53.png

Quick hits from the link:

- The three lines Columbia's three rivers.

- The single star represents Cola being the state capitol.

- The six stars represent the six colleges in the city.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, Casablanca said:

My favourite is the first. The 16th looks way to similar to the redesigned flag of Kentucky (shown below) by Bressler in their United We Stand project.595bebd920c56_UnitedWeStandKentucky.png.c3ade1bc0738ed9a0640b1805ce995a2.png

I like the idea behind that United We Stand project, but it completely fails on one of those "official" rules. 45 out of the 51 flags have a 5-point star, and they're all crammed into the RWB color scheme. That's not exactly distinctive.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, Buc said:

Apparently now Columbia SC wants in on the fun, too.

Quick look at the current....

5887a5b1e94cc.image.png.144b4ea7a0ac049a4093b7d1b877de6c.png

...And the 19 finalists.

Columbiaflags.thumb.png.c45f2c55973aed5a4c378d70144b2c53.png

Quick hits from the link:

- The three lines Columbia's three rivers.

- The single star represents Cola being the state capitol.

- The six stars represent the six colleges in the city.

I love the second one on the top row.  Something about it just screams South Carolina.  Too many of these are way too similar to existing designs or projects.  The aforementioned Kentucky concept, the one on the bottom is identical to the old Trust Territory of the Pacific 125px-Flag_of_the_Trust_Territory_of_the, the third one of the third row reminds me of the failed Iraqi flag 220px-Proposed_flag_of_Iraq_%28Coalition, one of them reminds me of St. Louis 300px-Flag_of_St._Louis%2C_Missouri.svg.

15 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I like the idea behind that United We Stand project, but it completely fails on one of those "official" rules. 45 out of the 51 flags have a 5-point star, and they're all crammed into the RWB color scheme. That's not exactly distinctive.

That is very true. It was a noble attempt at unifying the state flags and while I prefer most of them to their current versions it was a bit of a flop.

• Like 1

theres a couple of nice options for Columbia there. my favorite probably being the first, i think those colors are really strong and it uses good icons; the star (for being the capital city) and crescent moon. 

i would automatically eliminate anything that uses 6 stars for the city colleges. i dont think thats a very strong concept and its something that could possibly change over time, then the design has to change

• Like 1

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 7/1/2017 at 4:03 AM, Gothamite said:

I'd check Ali Express; you can get very inexpensive flags there. 

I've gotten a couple of batches from an Etsy user someone suggested, and I've been quite pleased with the price, the quality, and the turnaround time.

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.