MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

An insider (in the retail business, I think) over at New Era Cap talk says there will be a league-wide event (TBTC?) that will be "very bright".  Is there anyone here who knows more?

MLB COLOR RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dry heaves*

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MmmHuha420 said:

I meant to say mid-80s, was late and was typing that on my iPad.

So with that BP hat, they never actually used that on the field to my knowledge, thought it would have gotten some use a few years back with the 71 Sunday jerseys.

It was a Sunday only jersey, and most of the time no BP on Sundays because day games. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

So would it be every team wearing a bright color from their color palate? If so, that would be fine for some teams. A's, Rays, Astros, Marlins, Orioles, etc. all have bright colors, and some of them already have alt or BP caps in those colors.

What I'm worried about would be the teams without bright colors. A majority of teams tend to lean darker, especially the huge slate of red/navy teams. Would they go white? Or would New Era pull a color out of nowhere for their caps?

EDIT: Looks like Fitteds and Flannels is picking up this story as well.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

57 minutes ago, Matito said:

So would it be every team wearing a bright color from their color palate? If so, that would be fine for some teams. A's, Rays, Astros, Marlins, Orioles, etc. all have bright colors, and some of them already have alt or BP caps in those colors.

What I'm worried about would be the teams without bright colors. A majority of teams tend to lean darker, especially the huge slate of red/navy teams. Would they go white? Or would New Era pull a color out of nowhere for their caps?

EDIT: Looks like Fitteds and Flannels is picking up this story as well.

Their reply says will be worn on field August 18-20

they also Rt'd this.

Anthony Collicchio @XclickarooX 54m54 minutes ago

Replying to @UniWatch @FittedsFlannels

All the teams in MLB will be participating. Some teams using alt logos like the buccos. Colors are red, yellow, green, purple, blue & orange

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

An insider (in the retail business, I think) over at New Era Cap talk says there will be a league-wide event (TBTC?) that will be "very bright".  Is there anyone here who knows more?

That's kind of what I (admittedly) would've wanted the All-Star Game to look like, being that it was in Miami. 

Having the promotion of the LLWS be league-wide does seem kind of silly and over the top, though.

I so miss the days when the Yankees were above all this BS.  I really wish at least one - just one team cared enough about their history and brand to tell MLB, the manufacturers, and anyone else that deserves it to go F off.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/18/2017 at 11:51 AM, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I'm really not sure where that "rule" came from.  Was somebody trying to apply the heraldic rule of tincture?  

I should have been more specific: the thin yellow placket piping didn't look right to me. It kind of gets lost in a way that script/number outlines don't, at least to my eyes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't mind standard alternate or throwback uniforms, but it feels like there are already too many "league-wide special event" uniforms. Can't we just stick with the regular line-up of jerseys and maybe a 4th of July alternate (on just 4th of July)? 

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I so miss the days when the Yankees were above all this BS.  I really wish at least one - just one team cared enough about their history and brand to tell MLB, the manufacturers, and anyone else that deserves it to go F off.  

There used to be one.  There really did.  Or so I thought. Turns out it was really just George Steinbrenner.  

For all I hate how they beatify him now, his influence is sorely missed. 

2 hours ago, insert name said:

Why do the Angels feel it's necessary to use the same A logo on each sleeve? They're the only team I've ever seen that does this.

It's the only thing I don't like about an otherwise great set.  It's bad enough to have it on the sleeve when it's also on the hat and the wordmark.  But two different uses of it on both sleeves?  It's terrible.  I'm waiting for them to start using it on any "A" that shows up in a player's name. Maybe they can have a captain's "C" and then two alternates that get an extra "A" wherever they can find the room.

I like the use of it in the wordmark, so I'd say either use the roundel on the left sleeve or leave it blank.  Leave the right sleeve blank either way.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

33 minutes ago, Ark said:

Bring back Turn Ahead The Clock

Turn black the clock to Turn ahead the Clock?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You act like this is the worst possible thing ever when it could be worse, so so much worse...

636209464323024301-CELTICS-094.jpg

Be glad you only get weird one off uniforms.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived