Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

5 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Okay, OKC's new jersey is fantastic. There. I said it. That should be their main clash uniform. 

Agreed. They should create a white version (say, with an orange wordmark & navy #s) and add the "Thunder blue Doppler effect" graphic on the back. Then, they can throw the current primaries in the trash. 

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

DJ0oJydVAAAYY9p.jpg

I'm starting to think that Nuggets are the biggest losers in that adidas-nike swap.

They simplified the pick axe logo on the belt way too much.  Now it just looks like an x-stitch, like you'd see on a army surplus jacket.  

On 9/15/2017 at 4:04 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

I see basic design logic has gone out the window for the Magic with their black jersey as blue pinstripes on black is beyond dumb since they just get lost and you can't see them that good, white pinstripes worked alot better.

Also since I'm from Philly, I'm gonna be blunt, the red sixers jersey looks like its for females with that font, also looks like suxers.

You don’t need to see the pinstripes that good. Basic design logic would dictate that the player number and team name are much more important than the background pattern.

This works fine. Trust me. I’m a professional.

9 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

White accents for both uniforms would have been HUGE!! Now they just look meh.

The Nuggets skyline and side panels looks like crap but at least they got a nice outline from on the collar,numbers and wordmark. 

DJz7cuXUQAAV5d_?format=jpg

I know I'm biased but Chicago has one of the cleanest looking statement jerseys! Outline,trim,wordmark, and the shorts look cool too! A++

Absolutely. Chicago's set is looking really good. I admire how they've stuck to traditionalism and aren't bringing out any off-the-wall junk. I'm a Pistons fan, and while their Icon and Association versions are good, I really hate the "Motor City" and "Chrome" crap they've cooked up in recent years. Home white, road blue, and red alternate is what I want for them and for whatever reason they refuse to bring that red alt back.

13 hours ago, sayahh said:

The back of all 3 of the Lakers jerseys please? Thanks in advance!

There you go

DJ2UlkMXcAA6rq2.jpg:large
DJ2VgA3W4AEFDXz.jpg:large
DJ2UyNLWsAEvzen.jpg:large

21 hours ago, MkDon said:

Got the 2k18 today so i'm checking the new stuff.

Some screenshots i made:
DJxsqfCXcAE8lXA.jpg:large

DJxuFtWW4AMGSu2.jpg:large

It looks like the lines will blend a bit better than it does in the game. 

The OKC statement uniform is the best NBA uniform in history. I'm so serious about this take.

I find it very odd that as much as the Raptors market/advertise/take pride on the fact that they're from 'Up North", their city name is no where to be found anywhere on their set.

3 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

It looks like the lines will blend a bit better than it does in the game. 

I don't see the white accents in the 2K version.  Or, is that George's base layer peeking out? 

1 minute ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I find it very odd that as much as the Raptors market/advertise/take pride on the fact that they're from 'Up North", their city name is no where to be found anywhere on their set.

I'm sure that's by design:  they want to be the team for all of Canada, not just Toronto.

After the Senators left DC, the Orioles tried to position themselves as the team of the mid-Atlantic/DMV -- so they removed "Baltimore" from the away jerseys.  Once baseball returned to DC, "Baltimore" returned to the O's jerseys.  

A lot of these remind me of soccer uniforms with all the sublimated striping 

2 hours ago, keynote said:

They simplified the pick axe logo on the belt way too much.  Now it just looks like an x-stitch, like you'd see on a army surplus jacket.  

It looks like one of the generic create-a-team logos from Madden. The old one was perfect, why change it? 

I don't understand why OKC got names below the numbers instead of above, but I agree this is a nice looking uni.

MKDon, All Star Game jerseys are new in game or adidas one?

11 minutes ago, keynote said:

I don't see the white accents in the 2K version.  Or, is that George's base layer peeking out? 

I had the same thought, but it looks like it's just his base layer. The other tweet doesn't show any white on the back. It looks a bit sloppy hanging out like that, so hopefully we won't see too much of that in the league this year. But it might be inevitable with the way the shoulders are cut.

34 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I don't understand why OKC got names below the numbers instead of above, but I agree this is a nice looking uni.

MKDon, All Star Game jerseys are new in game or adidas one?

Nah, just generic 2K jerseys.

btw Clippers center logo is tiny. And i think i prefer it that way. Not happy about the lack of blue tho.
DJ2o7kPX0AArzxI.jpg:large

35 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I had the same thought, but it looks like it's just his base layer. The other tweet doesn't show any white on the back. It looks a bit sloppy hanging out like that, so hopefully we won't see too much of that in the league this year. But it might be inevitable with the way the shoulders are cut.

After seeing the real thing, I’m even more disappointed because the heaviness of the K and the kerning really take down a notch what is otherwise a great, unexpected uniform.

One thing that's apparent to me with the transition to Nike is that there seems to be a greater emphasis on team colored gear such as tights, arm sleeves, socks, etc., especially with the alternates. Obviously there's been some of that in the past, with the Stance sock deal the past few years and a small array of colors for things like arm sleeves, but now it seems like Nike has produced fully customized, team-specific colors for all of it. I'm personally a huge fan of that as I think it creates a more cohesive and unified look when everything matches.

46 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I would hope/assume that Nike would provide players with base layers designed to neatly fit under their uni template.  

The league has rules about what kinds of base layers and extraneous equipment players can wear.  And, given that the league apparently required players to wear Adidas base layers under the previous contract...

A-MyLxKCMAAh0ty.jpg

...I assume they'll now require players to wear Nike gear going forward. 

That said, it seemed as if some Adidas endorsers pushed the envelope under the old contract.  I found Dwight's gaudy arm sleeve distracting, but since he was shilling an Adidas product, the league and the manufacturer were (presumably) fine with all of that silver "trim," despite violating the letter of the guidelines (silver is not a team color for the Lakers).  I'll note that I don't recall ever seeing  a non-Adidas endorser wear the Dwight Howard-style two-color arm sleeve.  

adidas-techfit.jpgDwight+Howard+smiles+in+a+Laker+home+jer

vs. 

113143920_crop_650x440.jpg?1317042552

http://www.marketingshift.com/2009/5/adidas-markets-dwight-howards-protective.cfm

In any event, it's possible that Nike will now flex its muscle and encourage select Nike athletes (like Paul George) to wear more eye-catching Nike base layers, arm sleeves, etc., in order to promote the brand. 

The new courts in game

Sixers going predominantly blue.
DJ2q1arXcAAw9dJ.jpg:large
DJ2rBagX0AAZyQE.jpg:large

Grizzlies without their college lanes
DJ2sCrMX0AIkW-t.jpg:large

Nuggets with the 50th Anniversary logo on center court. ?
DJ2tRnyXkAAPQ0N.jpg:large

Wolves and Blazers courts
DJ2uaHVW0AEt_AP.jpg:large
DJ2vL8xWkAIInX9.jpg:large

And finally Capital One Arena :D
DJ2v5wMXUAA6Tu3.jpg:large