Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

WSU151    2,534
5 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

So if Nike can make split numbers for the G-League Hustle...

Same template for every team...that huge GLeague mark on the back neck...ugh.

sayahh    380
12 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

So if Nike can make split numbers for the G-League Hustle...

*sigh* I miss seeing the NBA Logoman logo in front of the NBA jerseys; seeing it on the G-League is like pouring salt on a wound...

WSU151    2,534
4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

D-League always have same template for every team except special jerseys.

I was just hoping that with the number of high-quality logos that were released we'd see a little variety in the unis.

Conrad.    833

^ nah, sadly, it's not cost-effective to make bespoke designs for the G League. not enough people will buy them and the cost of designing (and manufacturing) just one template is WAY cheaper, obviously.

BringBackTheVet    4,185

I saw the Sixers jerseys in person, and I have to admit, I like the shadow a lot more in person than I did when they were revealed. 

I still don't think it's necessary, and the difference in weights between letters and numbers still bothers me, but it's not the minor disaster that I originally thought it was.

I'd love to hear an argument against them being in the top-tier of uniforms in the league (not going to get into a "top N" or a ranking thing, but they're in the highest tier.)

truepg    129
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd love to hear an argument against them being in the top-tier of uniforms in the league (not going to get into a "top N" or a ranking thing, but they're in the highest tier.)

My argument is that it's just a plain retro design, no modern or contemporary elements included to get over the hump.

ScubaSteve    303
2 hours ago, truepg said:

My argument is that it's just a plain retro design, no modern or contemporary elements included to get over the hump.

Does it have to be though? I'm in the camp that the Sixers and Bucks are in the top tier in the league and their designs are both well-executed retro

Magic Dynasty    476
3 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Does it have to be though? I'm in the camp that the Sixers and Bucks are in the top tier in the league and their designs are both well-executed retro

I would argue the Bucks are more modern than retro, but agree that it's extremely well executed.

kimball    623
2 hours ago, Waffles said:

GLeague Icon (are they doing that too?) jerseys revealed:

I was going to suggest us making a D-League thread for the reveal, but after seeing this -- meh. That pretty much sums it all up.

truepg    129
4 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Bucks have a custom number font, which you can call contemporary, since it hasn't been seen before. Also, their shorts design is anything but retro. Their Adidas set also featured a collar logo. Their whole set has those interesting personal touches that make it unique. Sixers' set is just made of generic pieces.

Digby    724

League naming rights, big ugly jersey sponsors, templated jerseys, uncreative branding inherited from parent clubs ... can we just avoid talking about the D-League entirely? It's brutal.

5 hours ago, kimball said:

I was going to suggest us making a D-League thread for the reveal, but after seeing this -- meh. That pretty much sums it all up.

There's already a thread it can be added too....

upperV03    2,349
4 minutes ago, RichO said:

So we're, what, 5 years from belly sponsors in the NBA? Maybe 3?

041124F7-85B9-43CA-9316-5999AE35AF77.gif.268c364247d528fd22becf3ab355d4c8.gif

Foxxtrot44    257

Maybe I missed it, but are the Lakers getting a sky blue uni?

I'm watching a Nike video on New York Times on my phone and I think that's what I just saw.