NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for getting rid of the unnecessary college lines in the paint. But the out of bounds line being red and center court logos are both downgrades. I feel like they should have moved the center court logo up so the '76' was centered, instead of centering based on the whole logo.

Perhaps it'd look better if the OOB lines were white, and the three-point lines were red.  Keep the key lines white too.  Just an idea.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Major downgrade imo. I really dislike courts without college lines, I understand they're pointless, but they look better, especially when colored in like the Sixers had them. This court has a lack of red, aside from the 7 and the out of bounds line. So downgrade on all counts for me. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

Does anyone know if Nike is doing the draft hats...or will this be a setup similar to the NFL and New Era will do them?

New Era bought the rights last October to do playoff and draft hats.  I think Nike and New Era will be the main hat suppliers for 2017-18.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

Do we expect NBA teams to announce their sponsorship deals before the Draft?

So far 5-6 teams have jersey sponsors already.

I am curious if EVERY team will be wearing a patch? Is it mandatory? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Does anyone know if Nike is doing the draft hats...or will this be a setup similar to the NFL and New Era will do them?

46 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

New Era bought the rights last October to do playoff and draft hats.  I think Nike and New Era will be the main hat suppliers for 2017-18.

Thank God.  The adidas hats are awful.  Plus the sizing is a total joke on the flex fit hats that adidas has made the last few years.

14 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Thank God.  The adidas hats are awful.  Plus the sizing is a total joke on the flex fit hats that adidas has made the last few years.

New Era's NFL draft hats have been pretty awful as well. I can't stand the weird "chrome" logos they have been using. I'd assume they would use those in the NBA too.

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

New Era's NFL draft hats have been pretty awful as well. I can't stand the weird "chrome" logos they have been using. I'd assume they would use those in the NBA too.

I'm referring more to the sizing and the snapback garbage.

3 hours ago, kimball said:

I am curious if EVERY team will be wearing a patch? Is it mandatory? 

All teams will wear a patch eventually, because it is inevitable. I don't think all 30 will have patches for 2018 however.

No, they're not mandatory.

NSFCvyu.png

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

It's not like Adidas hasn't designed their share of clunkers.

TTxKE5e.jpg

kLlG4Le.jpg

38P8cxn.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

To be honest, from what I've seen in stores and experienced, Nike's headwear leaves a lot to be desired as well.  

New Era should do something similar to spring training for draft hats. Keep them simple with team logos on the front with a patch/logo on the side for each years draft. It's simple enough and I think more people would probably buy them.

mlb-spring-hats-012816-ftrjpg_dzjqmai33u

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

New Ear should do something similar to spring training for draft hats. Keep them simple with team logos on the front with a patch/logo on the side for each years draft. It's simple enough and I think more people would probably buy them.

mlb-spring-hats-012816-ftrjpg_dzjqmai33u

And please...no snapbacks.  3930s would be ideal.

34 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

Quick question, when did the NBA allow teams to eliminate the college lines?

Was it ever required?

Archived