NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

49 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

During their press conference announcing that they are moving to Little Caesars Arena, the Pistons had BOTH OLD AND NEW LOGOS on stage. (New logo inside "Detroit Basketball" logo on podium)

There's also a huge banner on the LC Arena parking garage with the updated logo...

Clearly the new logo has to be used full time next year.  New uniform manufacturer, new arena...just makes sense.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On November 23, 2016 at 9:03 AM, projectjohn said:

Renderings don't necessarily mean much, of course, but all of the renderings provided by the Pistons show use of the current logo. Hopefully this changes in the coming months.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/gallery/little-caesars-arena-renderings

Take a good look at the final picture...

(sorry for the images being so small)

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.17.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.17.17 PM.png

These are both clearly the new logo.

ExJworW.png

Take a good look at the final picture...

(sorry for the images being so small)

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.17.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.17.17 PM.png

These are both clearly the new logo.

I was going to bring this up, but like you said, they're so small that it's hard to tell if it's the new font or the old font.  If it's the old font, then it could be a throwback logo; if it's the new font, then it must've slipped by the rendering (rebranding) team.

It can all be easily Photoshopped from the current Pistons logo into the new one, if that's the plan.

HZqsvAc.png

• 2 months later...

Timberwolves VP of Fan Experience Jeff Munneke told the Raised By Wolves podcast that the Minnesota rebrand will feature a darker blue, similar to the new practice facility.  

At the 27:15 mark of the podcast:

Munneke: "I have not seen it myself.  There's a couple of people inside the organization that have seen the new stuff.  It came through the NBA, obviously we are switching to Nike this year, which we're excited about.  I've seen the shade of color.  I've seen one swath of paint so I have an idea on the color perhaps.  It's just a darker shade of blue, a different shade of blue, kind of more deep tones I guess."

He later agreed that the floor on the practice court is pretty close.

5 minutes ago, lafferty daniel said:

Darker blue.

IMG_0128.JPG

That blue would look so good when paired with green...........

(though that looks like the same color Orlando uses on its court)

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That blue would look so good when paired with green...........

(though that looks like the same color Orlando uses on its court)

Nope. Orlando's blue is much lighter, actually pretty close to Minnesota's current blue.

IMG_0782.PNG

ExJworW.png

29 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Nope. Orlando's blue is much lighter, actually pretty close to Minnesota's current blue.

IMG_0782.PNG

The blue the Magic use on the court is darker than that.  When they changed the court design a couple years ago, they darkened the shade of the paint on the court.  In regular logo use, yes, it's still ^^ that color.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQmqUM2CIAAsGxw.jpg

After comparing pics, the T-Wolves practice court is a dark royal.

12 hours ago, lafferty daniel said:

Nothing mentioned about bringing green back.  What would look better with dark blue?  Kelly green similar to the first Wolves set, or a darker green?

I'm also curious about what would look better with this shade of blue. My initial thought is their original kelly green or something light enough to create contrast, but I don't know.

4 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

That shade of blue can only look good if they ditch the black. With silver and green it will look pretty good

I agree they need to ditch the black -- a shade of blue (or most any color) this dark rarely if ever pairs well with black. However, I think they could also afford to ditch the silver....sure, it could definitely work, and maybe it's because I'm a traditionalist, but I feel like they'd be better off with just this darker shade of blue, a green that creates some contrast, and white.

Archived