NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, kimball said:

Since this is starting to take over the 2016-17 NBA thread and it should belong here (since it's debuting in 2017-18), I'll just leave this monstrosity here ...

C4JI0J-XUAEySjq.jpg

Nets fans are going to be infor a long season next year

4 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Sounds like the Cavs have a deal in place for their jersey ad patch with Goodyear: 

The company has been based in Akron since it was founded in 1898, so definitely some strong local ties with Northeast Ohio.

I was thinking it would be Quicken Loans, FirstEnergy or Goodyear. The wing foot alone wouldn't look too bad, but I'm assuming they go with the full logo... 

18 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

And people wonder why I'm stocking up on Magic jerseys this year. Excuse me if I don't want to be a walking ad for Disney/EA Sports/Florida Hospital/Amway/Universal/SeaWorld/whatever the :censored: you want. Nope. Not happening.

1. Who is really wondering why you're "stocking up" on Magic jerseys?  Have you been getting questioned by the media?

2.  What does "stocking up" mean?  Do you have a warehouse where you're storing these things?  Or a storage box in your basement where you're putting all the jerseys you're buying?  How many does "stocking up" mean?  Different players?  Same player?  So many questions.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

28 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

Anyone with insider knowledge -- are we still expecting 6 new uniform sets for next season? 

Where did that number of 6 come from? Were team names tied to that '6'? I'm not criticizing...just curious. Also want to weigh it against some information I have.

Okay -- I'm not going crazy after all. I knew it happened!! It was in the NBA 2016-17 thread by Hendocfc: 

Posted November 1, 2016 · Report post

"OK... I'll reveal this but it's not confirmed: The Cavs,Pacers,Clippers,Wolves,Suns,Blazers and.... are rebranding for the Nike season. Will tease you a bit more regarding to the shock team."

Any truth to this that you can say, Conrad? 

Gotta say, I loathe the idea of ads on jerseys, but Goodyear being the sponsor for the Cavs is maybe our best case scenario. Goodyear has a cool logo (the wingfoot, if they include the script it's okay but not great), complementary colors, and is part of the local identity. Akron is where they are headquartered and they recently voted to re-commit to the area, expanding their headquarters with plans to increase commercial businesses around their buildings as well. And of course the blimps are iconic, especially in the Akron area.

If we were competing on the best jersey logo, a contest that shouldn't goddamn exist, at least my Cavs are doing it well.

That all being said, the Cavs swap looks so much it's not even that crazy a thought to throw on a logo. It'll be much sadder to see the Celtics, Spurs, and Bulls slap on stupid ass patches. If I had the money, I'd buy the rights and leave the patch off in an attempt to protect the sanctity of the jersey and maybe get some sly-ass good PR out of it.

31 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

Okay -- I'm not going crazy after all. I knew it happened!! It was in the NBA 2016-17 thread by Hendocfc: 

Posted November 1, 2016 · Report post

"OK... I'll reveal this but it's not confirmed: The Cavs,Pacers,Clippers,Wolves,Suns,Blazers and.... are rebranding for the Nike season. Will tease you a bit more regarding to the shock team."

Any truth to this that you can say, Conrad? 

I kinda posted something about this in the 16/17 sub but i'll say it here too.

I have no idea if the Suns are going to rebrand but I did notice some new hats at a couple of websites that had a color update to their secondary logo. If I were to guess the Suns are bringing back a lighter shade of orange and purple and dropping yellow from their logos. Here's what I discovered:

old hat from this last year

B775D524-4C90-4F5C-8AD1-DED155C50122-5086-000005C9E447A597_tmp.png

some new hats I've found, notice the missing yellow.

IMG_5463.PNGIMG_5464.PNG

Archived