Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

1 hour ago, njdevs7 said:

It is interesting how for a sport like soccer, I could probably name every team in the MLS's sponsor, but unless it is something obvious (Alaska Airlines) I stil have no idea what the company actually does. I have no Idea what Avaya, Bimbo, BMO, Advocare, Bell, ect. are

Without having to look it up: 

"Technology" (Bay Area startup, in a way)

Bakery 

Bank

No Idea

Telecommunications

15 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

No Idea

Advocare is a pyramid scheme/MLM company.

5 hours ago, BrianLion said:

It was an NBA decision, I dont think teams have the ability to not go there if a sponsor wants to pony up. 

The teams are responsible for selling the ad space. That would seem to me like they have the option to not do so.

4 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The teams are responsible for selling the ad space. That would seem to me like they have the option to not do so.

but i could see them fining the teams that don't get them the same amount that would have gone into the revenue sharing for clubs and players.

Is there an NBA expansion thread? I don't see one.

I assume Seattle Supersonics is a lock, and despite Mexico City being a supposed frontrunner I doubt it happens.  That leaves Louisville and and Vancouver as the big ones.

Could Kentucky Colonels be resurrected, or would the KFC connection cause problems?  They'd make a nice throwback uniform at least.  They're probably the most successful ABA team / identity that didn't survive - correct?

What would be Vancouver options? I'd hate to see a Hornets style Grizzlies identity swap.

3 hours ago, chakfu said:

I assume Seattle Supersonics is a lock, and despite Mexico City being a supposed frontrunner I doubt it happens.  That leaves Louisville and and Vancouver as the big ones.

Could Kentucky Colonels be resurrected, or would the KFC connection cause problems?  They'd make a nice throwback uniform at least.  They're probably the most successful ABA team / identity that didn't survive - correct?

What would be Vancouver options? I'd hate to see a Hornets style Grizzlies identity swap.

I think it would be more appropriate to start a thread in the Sports Discussion forum, especially considering this is about 2017-18 logo/uniform changes. And, it's safe to say there will be no expansion for next year.

4 hours ago, chakfu said:

The NBA's not going back to Vancouver. They should have stayed. The city exploded right after they left, but the NBA's not going there, at least any time soon.

Seattle is the first, foremost and currently only viable option if they get their arena situation wrapped up.

Louisville, as cool as it would be, is a college town. It would be like Memphis with far less support.  

On 1/25/2017 at 11:45 AM, VDizzle12 said:

They need to flip the patches. Have the green on the green jersey and white on the white. Then all you would see is the "GE" and thin outline.

celtics.png

Since this is starting to take over the 2016-17 NBA thread and it should belong here (since it's debuting in 2017-18), I'll just leave this monstrosity here ...

C4JI0J-XUAEySjq.jpg

Not sure a craft brewery with only about $50 million in annual revenue is going to be able to afford that. 

And people wonder why I'm stocking up on Magic jerseys this year. Excuse me if I don't want to be a walking ad for Disney/EA Sports/Florida Hospital/Amway/Universal/SeaWorld/whatever the :censored: you want. Nope. Not happening.

^ correct. the jerseys you buy online (or in clothing stores) won't have the ads on them. hopefully that doesn't change after one season, though.

I don't mind the sponsor logo. You gotta go with the times and it doesn't look bad at all. Adds a much needed splash of color.

34 minutes ago, Pabig said:

I don't mind the sponsor logo. You gotta go with the times and it doesn't look bad at all. Adds a much needed splash of color.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

But Swingman jerseys won't have ads...only in-arena authentics, right?

Correct. The only retail jerseys that would have ads on them are ones sold in team stores at the arena, and even that is up to the team. 

Looking forward to calling Cousins the "big almond". 

I wish Tidal was the sponsor