Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

sayahh    354
45 minutes ago, San Diego said:

These are all sweet 

 

numbers_1_130920.jpg?w=540

 

52031460-cleveland-cavaliers-shawn-kemp-

 

feb-2002-this-is-a-close-up-of-forward-r

 

Cleveland-Cavaliers-1999-2003-Road-Away-

 

Everything since has sucked. 

 

To each their own, but these aren't better than the current set, although they might be better than the Clipper's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sayahh    354
10 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

I think the Suns are tweaking the black on the home unis to purple. Black will be saved for the alternate uniform. 

According to this photo sent in by a reader named Brett Knowles to UniWatch, it's going to go back to purple.  Not sure if primary logo or not, though.

 

DAD6qQ3XgAAbbNI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quillz    224

I can't say I'm really a fan of the Blue Jays-esque split font the Cavs used to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upperV03    2,160
26 minutes ago, sayahh said:

According to this photo sent in by a reader named Brett Knowles to UniWatch, it's going to go back to purple.  Not sure if primary logo or not, though.

 

DAD6qQ3XgAAbbNI.jpg

That just looks like a generic design someone whipped up on one of those custom t-shirt websites. Either that or someone took an existing picture of a basic white hoodie and mocked up that design on it. The font is an extremely basic block font, and the swoosh and NBA logo both look too small. Hell, the swoosh isn't even the same shade of orange as the ball in the logo and just looks like the standard orange swoosh. Plus, the hoodie itself doesn't look like one of Nike's, and it just looks like a generic white sweatshirt instead. I'd say it's definitely fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DustDevil61    437
10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That just looks like a generic design someone whipped up on one of those custom t-shirt websites. Either that or someone took an existing picture of a basic white hoodie and mocked up that design on it. The font is an extremely basic block font, and the swoosh and NBA logo both look too small. Hell, the swoosh isn't even the same shade of orange as the ball in the logo. Plus, the hoodie itself doesn't look like one of Nike's at all, and it just looks like a generic white sweatshirt instead. I'd say it's definitely fake.

 

Still, it's an improvement. I normally don't condone teams to simply go back to a logo/uniform set full-stop (with a couple small tweaks like putting the streaking sun logo in a ROUNDEL), but it would work wonders for the Suns. That said, the Suns' current uniforms are a few tweaks (purple on home uniforms, putting the front number in a simplified sun which could help utilize a third color on their regular home/road uniforms, removing the back stripes, etc.) from having a good modernization of their 1990s look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
panthers_2012    475
2 hours ago, San Diego said:

These are all sweet 

 

numbers_1_130920.jpg?w=540

 

52031460-cleveland-cavaliers-shawn-kemp-

 

feb-2002-this-is-a-close-up-of-forward-r

 

Cleveland-Cavaliers-1999-2003-Road-Away-

 

Everything since has sucked. 

I hope the Cavs use these as their throwbacks for next year. Here's my thought... 1) The past two seasons have been 70s and then 80s. 2) We're living where could get away with wearing uniforms from the 90s and 3) I work in the team store and I've seen more 90s gear than ever before. We've always sold the classic 70s logo and the 80s CAVS, but hardly anything with the 90s logo on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mike2sana    63
6 hours ago, San Diego said:

These are all sweet 

 

numbers_1_130920.jpg?w=540

 

52031460-cleveland-cavaliers-shawn-kemp-

 

feb-2002-this-is-a-close-up-of-forward-r

 

Cleveland-Cavaliers-1999-2003-Road-Away-

 

I wonder if the modern "C" came from the slash in the middle of that first 90s set. Though these sets is visually great, I associate them with the team I never picked on NBA JAM.

 

The newer motif is becoming a modern classic to me. All I hope is that they keep the "C" its such an iconic symbol. It's crazy how quick brands switch up nowadays, however as a logo head I welcome the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjd77    555
10 hours ago, sayahh said:

According to this photo sent in by a reader named Brett Knowles to UniWatch, it's going to go back to purple.  Not sure if primary logo or not, though.

 

DAD6qQ3XgAAbbNI.jpg

 

Fake or not this has me thinking...is it possible they move the primary logo into a roundel instead of the rhombus they've been using? The shooting sun itself seems much more conducive to being inside of a circle and I think that actually looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VDizzle12    243
17 hours ago, EvilChameleon said:

 

Cavs with the V being a basket?

 

uni-wine-2015-16.png

 

So good.

 

I don't mind the V-basket logo as a throwback, but it seems out of place with the 'cavalier' theme. Over the course of the team's history they have gone in two completely different directions. Wine/Gold = Cavaliers, Blue/Orange = Generic Basketball. I think for the refresh they need to pick one or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
walkerws    168

The 90's logo was pretty generic with the lightning bolt into the basket, that's probably why it's not showing up. I remember when it came out, a lot of us Cavs fans weren't really sure what it was trying to say. Whine and Gold are unique so I think that it stays. I'd prefer navy over black but whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keynote    219
11 hours ago, Quillz said:

I can't say I'm really a fan of the Blue Jays-esque split font the Cavs used to use.

I thought Adidas' current uni template can't accommodate split fonts for the jersey #s -- which is why Memphis had give up their split font #s.  Perhaps Nike has a viable solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

 

Fake or not this has me thinking...is it possible they move the primary logo into a roundel instead of the rhombus they've been using? The shooting sun itself seems much more conducive to being inside of a circle and I think that actually looks good.

 

I really doubt that's legit. Based on what I've noticed on new merchandise released, specifically on hats, it looks like Phoenix is dropping yellow from their logos and changing it to orange and it looks like they've lightened their shade of purple and orange. 

 

 

A8B430E7-0C2D-448C-BF47-8A21BEB2EBD3-14173-00000DD38D4E4EDB_tmp.png.41cfc3b37e62032bb798a66836b9afc3.pngIMG_7396.JPG.6dc260d6beb735abf0ebe093afb9c8bc.JPGIMG_7428.thumb.PNG.d0981fb0bbe7aa53016f685fcdfe6427.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScubaSteve    288
18 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

As much as I like the current logo, I do feel that the Cavs do need an update. Especially, it works with the renovations coming up to the Q. I also hate that we use two different wordmarks for everything. We sell the logo wordmark in our store, but we also use the jersey wordmark on some t-shirts. I would like to see am updated version of the 2003 jerseys, but it won't happen. 

 

But isn't that kind of the Cavs' "thing" now? Being the Oregon Ducks of the NBA, constantly doing new things and changing styles. There's a different LeBron Cavs jersey for each day of the year it seems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upperV03    2,160

^For anyone who doesn't wanna click through to the article:

IMG_4266.PNG.4112fd189fcd656862e861a9ac7167c5.PNGIMG_4267.PNG.6eec9b61f4574afa57bdbba596d44f35.PNG

Conrad is reporting that the Cavs' logo is their new "global" mark (not sure exactly what that means) and the same seems likely for the Spurs. He has also confirmed that the "CAVALIERS" wordmark in the above logo is what will be used on the new home uniforms. For reference, here's the current wordmark:

IMG_4269.PNG.1eb5b5185182f42699ecbe5ae97de438.PNG

I would assume there will be matching "CLEVELAND" and "CAVS" versions of the new wordmark as well. I was expecting the new wordmarks to be more stylized based on the information I received but they do seem to match the logos a bit more than the current. I'd say it's an upgrade, and I like the shield around the logo as well. Hopefully the current primary mark with the basketball is gone. I also like that the new logos for both teams seem to indicate that they're just doing subtle tweaks rather than doing more substantial overhauls to their logo packages. I would assume the same will go for both teams' uniforms as well. And obviously for the Cavs the c-sword logo is sticking around, which I think is a positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Derek    60
15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

^For anyone who doesn't wanna click through to the article:

IMG_4266.PNG.4112fd189fcd656862e861a9ac7167c5.PNGIMG_4267.PNG.6eec9b61f4574afa57bdbba596d44f35.PNG

Conrad is reporting that the Cavs' logo is their new "global" mark (not sure exactly what that means) and the same seems likely for the Spurs. He has also confirmed that the "CAVALIERS" wordmark in the above logo is what will be used on the new home uniforms. For reference, here's the current wordmark:

IMG_4269.PNG.1eb5b5185182f42699ecbe5ae97de438.PNG

I would assume there will be matching "CLEVELAND" and "CAVS" versions of the new wordmark as well. I was expecting the new wordmarks to be more stylized based on the information I received but they do seem to match the logos a bit more than the current. I'd say it's an upgrade, and I like the shield around the logo as well. Hopefully the current primary mark with the basketball is gone. I also like that the new logos for both teams seem to indicate that they're just doing subtle tweaks rather than doing more substantial overhauls to their logo packages. I would assume the same will go for both teams' uniforms as well. And obviously for the Cavs the c-sword logo is sticking around, which I think is a positive.

 

 

Ugh... Cleveland Cavaliers F.C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VDizzle12    243

I've never been a fan of the current Cavs logo. But just taking the old seconday logo and putting it in a shape seems lazy to me. Hopefully the full color official logo will look better than the monochrome stitched version. 

 

Guess the positive is that it's not a roundel. And aside from the Nets no other teams use a shield as the primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now