2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's how the new Chelsea home shirt looks with the champions sleeve badges and new Premier League font:

IMG_5706.JPG.21cd46b4f53edda891d4596b4fbb05bf.JPGIMG_5707.JPG.236410e1614e465ed96bc6332a74d8b3.JPG

Obviously the away will look the same, except the names/numbers will be navy instead of white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

FC Lorient:

kappa-lorient-17-18-kits-2.jpg

Those shirts are so tight I can almost see what they had for lunch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

47 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here's how the new Chelsea home shirt looks with the champions sleeve badges and new Premier League font:

IMG_5706.JPG.21cd46b4f53edda891d4596b4fbb05bf.JPGIMG_5707.JPG.236410e1614e465ed96bc6332a74d8b3.JPG

Obviously the away will look the same, except the names/numbers will be navy instead of white.

Looks like no sleeve sponsor for Chelsea. 

Also looking like, if teams have no sleeve sponsor, then both sleeves have the premier league logo. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

3 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

looking like, if teams have no sleeve sponsor, then both sleeves have the premier league logo. 

Yes, that's the case.  No blank sleeves - it's the league badge or sponsor logo. 

Chelsea may not be able to sell that space - Arsenal's deal with Emirates, for example, prohibits them from having any other kit sponsors. 

2 hours ago, Digby said:

I'm going with Gray and slate navy.

is it black and blue or gold and white? :P

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

^I'd love to see them go with a 1950-inspired home kit with a red sash and navy accents (and ideally navy shorts as well). Unpopular opinion maybe, but I'd say their 1950 kit is the best and most iconic they've ever had, and I'd personally love to see it make a return. The Waldos were really good, the Centennials were even better (IMO), and the new Gold Cup kits are a step back in the right direction, but nothing beats the 1950 kit in my mind. It looked amazing in its original form, and it looked just as good in 2004 when they brought it back as a special commemorative kit (though the 3/4 length sleeves were really quirky).

IMG_5719.JPG.cd4cc633e784ea1cf2981dbe92f8414e.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^I'd love to see them go with a 1950-inspired home kit with a red sash and navy accents (and ideally navy shorts as well). Unpopular opinion maybe, but I'd say their 1950 kit is the best and most iconic they've ever had, and I'd personally love to see it make a return. The Waldos were really good, the Centennials were even better (IMO), and the new Gold Cup kits are a step back in the right direction, but nothing beats the 1950 kit in my mind. It looked amazing in its original form, and it looked just as good in 2004 when they brought it back as a special commemorative kit (though the 3/4 length sleeves were really quirky).

IMG_5719.JPG.cd4cc633e784ea1cf2981dbe92f8414e.JPG

That would look nice on an updated template. Then they could wear the new Gold Cup kits as their clash, IMO.

One thing that I don't like about the Gold Cup kits are how the stars are split up to leave a gap for the competition patch on the sleeve. Take off the star on the lower part of the sleeve, and they are perfect.

IxkieML.png

The US is such an odd case in that the team has had several great looks over the years, but nothing sticks. Seriously, just pick one. From the retro red sash above, to the Waldos, the 2006 World Cup racing stripes, to even the current red and navy hoops. ANY of those designs would look iconic and "ours" if it was, you know, our permanent look. But I feel like that cat is out of the bag now. If they went with the sash permanently, people would miss hoops, and vise versa. Our "look" is we don't have one. 

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yes, that's the case.  No blank sleeves - it's the league badge or sponsor logo. 

Chelsea may not be able to sell that space - Arsenal's deal with Emirates, for example, prohibits them from having any other kit sponsors. 

Wait, are PL teams allowed to have a sleeve sponsor? (I don't mean a maker's mark.)

Archived