anythinglogos

2017/18 Soccer Kits

2,665 posts in this topic

New image of the Dortmund away:

IMG_5691.JPG.b063af0ab89bd94bfc797097ef4b5ec2.JPG

 

And the Spurs prematch shirt has now been officially released:

IMG_5689.JPG.3e62b89aaed29d4dde31d284ca3877e8.JPGIMG_5690.JPG.d218be7ee6502529ef8f1b7bd56d69e9.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man United home keeper kit:

IMG_5694.JPG.394087df0dca90de412770812c6d43e6.JPGIMG_5692.JPG.4496a3173653ab3bd588b5f2fd80821a.JPGIMG_5695.JPG.601388ad685ed0ef36dd1a058a4ed7ce.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG.473325c43f428c8f3cf5285561c2743b.JPG

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_5692.JPG.4496a3173653ab3bd588b5f2fd80821a.JPG

 

Love the gray-on-gray shoulder stripes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

Love the gray-on-gray shoulder stripes. 

I believe the base color is actually a very dark blue, not gray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

 

And the Spurs prematch shirt has now been officially released:

IMG_5689.JPG.3e62b89aaed29d4dde31d284ca3877e8.JPGIMG_5690.JPG.d218be7ee6502529ef8f1b7bd56d69e9.JPG

Can you say EYESORE?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, upperV03 said:

I believe the base color is actually a very dark blue, not gray.

 

Gotcha.  

 

In that case, I love the gray-on-very-dark-blue shoulder stripes. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's how the new Chelsea home shirt looks with the champions sleeve badges and new Premier League font:

IMG_5706.JPG.21cd46b4f53edda891d4596b4fbb05bf.JPGIMG_5707.JPG.236410e1614e465ed96bc6332a74d8b3.JPG

Obviously the away will look the same, except the names/numbers will be navy instead of white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

FC Lorient:

 

kappa-lorient-17-18-kits-2.jpg

 

Those shirts are so tight I can almost see what they had for lunch.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

Gotcha.  

 

In that case, I love the gray-on-very-dark-blue shoulder stripes. 

 

I'm going with Gray and slate navy.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alaves switching to Kelme, 3 very solid kits

alaves-17-18-home-away-third-kits-3.jpg

alaves-17-18-home-away-third-kits-6.jpg

alaves-17-18-home-away-third-kits-9.jpg

  

 

 

Palermo going back to Legea

legea-palermo-17-18-kits-2.jpg

legea-palermo-17-18-kits-3.jpg

legea-palermo-17-18-kits-4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here's how the new Chelsea home shirt looks with the champions sleeve badges and new Premier League font:

IMG_5706.JPG.21cd46b4f53edda891d4596b4fbb05bf.JPGIMG_5707.JPG.236410e1614e465ed96bc6332a74d8b3.JPG

Obviously the away will look the same, except the names/numbers will be navy instead of white.

Looks like no sleeve sponsor for Chelsea. 

 

Also looking like, if teams have no sleeve sponsor, then both sleeves have the premier league logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

looking like, if teams have no sleeve sponsor, then both sleeves have the premier league logo. 

 

Yes, that's the case.  No blank sleeves - it's the league badge or sponsor logo. 

 

Chelsea may not be able to sell that space - Arsenal's deal with Emirates, for example, prohibits them from having any other kit sponsors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Digby said:

 

I'm going with Gray and slate navy.

is it black and blue or gold and white? :P

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the sash will make a comeback for the Yanks next summer. World Cup year, Nike never sticks with the same design for the US, it just feels "due". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^I'd love to see them go with a 1950-inspired home kit with a red sash and navy accents (and ideally navy shorts as well). Unpopular opinion maybe, but I'd say their 1950 kit is the best and most iconic they've ever had, and I'd personally love to see it make a return. The Waldos were really good, the Centennials were even better (IMO), and the new Gold Cup kits are a step back in the right direction, but nothing beats the 1950 kit in my mind. It looked amazing in its original form, and it looked just as good in 2004 when they brought it back as a special commemorative kit (though the 3/4 length sleeves were really quirky).

IMG_5719.JPG.cd4cc633e784ea1cf2981dbe92f8414e.JPG

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^I'd love to see them go with a 1950-inspired home kit with a red sash and navy accents (and ideally navy shorts as well). Unpopular opinion maybe, but I'd say their 1950 kit is the best and most iconic they've ever had, and I'd personally love to see it make a return. The Waldos were really good, the Centennials were even better (IMO), and the new Gold Cup kits are a step back in the right direction, but nothing beats the 1950 kit in my mind. It looked amazing in its original form, and it looked just as good in 2004 when they brought it back as a special commemorative kit (though the 3/4 length sleeves were really quirky).

IMG_5719.JPG.cd4cc633e784ea1cf2981dbe92f8414e.JPG

That would look nice on an updated template. Then they could wear the new Gold Cup kits as their clash, IMO.

 

One thing that I don't like about the Gold Cup kits are how the stars are split up to leave a gap for the competition patch on the sleeve. Take off the star on the lower part of the sleeve, and they are perfect.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The US is such an odd case in that the team has had several great looks over the years, but nothing sticks. Seriously, just pick one. From the retro red sash above, to the Waldos, the 2006 World Cup racing stripes, to even the current red and navy hoops. ANY of those designs would look iconic and "ours" if it was, you know, our permanent look. But I feel like that cat is out of the bag now. If they went with the sash permanently, people would miss hoops, and vise versa. Our "look" is we don't have one. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

Yes, that's the case.  No blank sleeves - it's the league badge or sponsor logo. 

 

Chelsea may not be able to sell that space - Arsenal's deal with Emirates, for example, prohibits them from having any other kit sponsors. 

Wait, are PL teams allowed to have a sleeve sponsor? (I don't mean a maker's mark.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now